How did you do That?

I suspect because it would be hard to prove that is the only factor.

Fast food, parents teaching bad eating habits, lack of exercise (caused by videogameitis or not), unhealthy substances (like preservatives or growth hormones), massive ingestion of sugar (probably primarily soda and candy), etc..

The list could go on for a while I'm sure.

I meant, like, if you'd been playing games for 16+ hours, and you were getting sleepy. Not so much fatigued... Anyway, yeah. Soda's disgusting. Like I really need my teeth to hurt? Pssh, yeah. Candy's good, though. I like candy, but I don't eat as much as I'd like, which is probably a good thing. I was losing weight before, but with there being nothing good to eat here, and no room to exercise,(Yeah, like I did that before...) I'm probably gaining weight now.

Ugh, I remember how when I was little, it was an accomplishment to eat more than anyone else at the table. I even remember my mother telling my brother once, "Wow, you finished a whole Big Mac? ", then saying something or other about being impressed, or about how he was a good boy, or some such nonsense. We were pretty little then. Hah, and my mom tries to say she "tried to get us to eat healthy". That's a laugh. Still, being that I've found a newfound appreciation of salad, and that I'll actually be able to get fruit that doesn't suck up here, I might actually resume losing weight. Gah, I hope so. :/

I used to inhale Big Macs when I was really young. I was in gymnastics though, so I burned major calories. I have a picture of me and my first grade class, and I think I was the smallest kid.

Is it difficult getting fruit up there?

Well, 1: Alaska's a long way away from anywhere that grows fresh fruit, so the fruit here kind of sucks, and 2: I lived in a small town, so it was even worse. Now I'm living in Anchorage, which, since it's the largest city in Alaska, isn't so bad.

I used to inhale Big Macs when I was really young. I was in gymnastics though, so I burned major calories. I have a picture of me and my first grade class, and I think I was the smallest kid.

I was actually discouraged from running around the house, and I was only ever a fan of the outside during the spring, when everything was muddy, and I wasn't allowed to play in the mud. Oh, and even if I'd shown interest in sports, my dad thought they were too dangerous, so he wouldn't let me play 'em. I don't dislike sports, really, I just don't like watching them, and possess no real aptitude.

So, in other words: My parents sucked. Seriously. There's a picture of my from around the 6th grade, I swear I look like some kind of walrus. Sheesh...

You know, I used to be a terribly active little thing that climbed up trees, ran around in the outdoors, and loved to race. It began going downhill when I had a stepmother that was afraid of the outdoors and so kept us out of them. Went up for a little with marching band again and running, but then down again when I moved into town and running was no longer considered safe if it was dark because, like Div, I like to stay up all night.

There's been times mmorpgs have kept me up all night but the worst case I had of gameitis would have to have been when I got Grandia 2 for Christmas one year. That year, I stayed up until the game was entirely finished, which meant I got a small nap in before my birthday.

How do I do it? After you push through the extreme drowsiness, you can sort of enter this numb state where your mind and body work on automatic.. I've gotten other people there and all it takes is a desire to REALLY want to stay awake! There's too much to do at night when everyone else has their heads on their pillows. For me, it's the time I suddenly want to read, write, draw, be productive. Sadly, though, it doesn't extend to the next day anytime pass 9:00 a.m...

Back