Season 5 How did you get hooked on ALIAS?

:( I'm sad to hear that JJ Abrams is not going to direct the last show of ALIAS's existence. That sucks. I can't believe it. What's one more show to direct... can't even do that for the fans? If not, how about for himself?

Alias has been my favorite show for about a year now, lol. I know I wasn't there for the opening show 5 years ago.. I was busy in college. But here's how I got hooked on the show. Two years ago I was arrested for driving w/out insurance for the 3rd time. I was on in-home arrest for 2 months. Couldn't go anywhere. Bored out of my mind, I started watching shows on TV, none of which was any good. So I started watching my sisters movies. I was forced to watch "13 Going On 30" about 10 times from shear boredom. I've always known Jennifer Garner as an ok actress, but i had no interests in her, nor her movies, until something happended... As you can see, this thing was beginning to build up unconsiously.. 10 times was enough for me. Bored out of my mind, I started watching TV again.. Seemed like everytime i turned the TV on, I was watching this show called ALIAS, whatever it was. Sitting there vegged out, not even paying attention, but i know who Michael Vartan was, so I was curious and kept watching. As you know, I hate watching TV, I think it's a waste of time. But there I was again one night; Turned on the TV, there was ALIAS. Ok, so I watched it, and it so happened to be the last episode of season 4. I was in awe when I found out Michael Vaughn asked Sydney to marry him and her accepting his proposal, and then all of a sudden the car accident occured. I don't know, but I was actually happy they got together at the end. Happy enough and compelling enough at the end, I had to start from the very beginning of ALIAS to fully understand the show. So I devised a plan from my in-home arrest to purchase all 4 season of ALIAS.... I was hooked from that point on. I ended up watching the entire 4 seasons in one week. That's just crazy. But sometimes I think about what happened to me was for a reason... It was by no mistake I was arrested and placed into house arrest just to watch ALIAS. Weird how it happended though. ALIAS has earned my respect in every way.

One last note: I was wrong. Jennifer Garner IS definitely HOT! :redhair:

Oh wow...I think it was this past September, when I saw commercials for Alias season 5, and they caught my eye for the very first time. My father watched it on and off during all of it's seasons, but I wasn't old enough to really have any interest in it yet. But when I sat down for that very first episode after the long break, I was blown away. I had no idea what had gone before, only from the last epp from season 4, and I just assumed Sydney and Vaugn were married, and they were going to have a baby. I knew this was due to Jennifer Garner's own pregnancy, since I'd grown to like her after 13 going on 30 as well, since I'd seen it on my 13th birthday and bought the DVD. So I thought hm..my friend watched it, and she seemed to like it, so i thought what the heck, right? I was hooked from that first epp. It took me most of September to get everyone's name right, and I felt something was lacking. I had no backround with these characters. I actually loved them dearly, but had seen little of them, and hadn't yet seen Sydney seriously kick ass. So I decided to ask for the DVD seasons for christmas. I only got season one for christmas, and spent a good part of my vacation locked in my room watching it. I scrimped, saved, and begged to get season 2 and 3, and season 4 I got as a reward just this January for a wonderful report card. I finally had all the pieces together...and a nearly three month wait for it to come back! I've been counting down since 100 days, and I don't think anybody will be able to talk to me during those breathtaking 2 hours of Alias in 4 days. So I've been a fan for barely a year, but I know a good show when I see one!

P.S. and my birthday is the day after the episode after the return!! YAAAY!

I blame my aunt. :D :rolleyes:

No. I was in Australia because my uncle was my high school math teacher/tutor and he just happened to be in Australia when I really needed to cram up on math (stupid SATs). Anyway, there wasn't much to watch on the television in their residence, but I casually flipped through channels when I was bored. One night my aunt was watching this show. Wanting to waste time, I sat there and watched with her, asking a few questions. She wasn't a big fan, but she knew a little bit about the show. Anyway, the episode that aired that night was the Passage, part one. I'll cherish it forever as my first ALIAS ep.

I didn't get hooked right then and there, but when I returned to the States, my eyes and ears were open and towards the end of season three, I started making it a routine to watch the show. I knew the show was about spies and all, but I never really had a full handle on it. So that summer I discovered the DVDs. My obsession grew from there, and ALIAS was all that my family would hear about. I'd say they're going to be super-glad when the show's final episode airs, but I've attached myself to new obsessions. :angelic:

I'm so excited that the way is finally over! And I'm super-happy we're going to get the blowout we deserve.

ill tell yah how i begian watchin alias..............

on night about 12:30 i couldt sleep so i turned the tv on..flicked thought the channels..
and stoped on channel 5...i saw a woman running down a street and fighting so men. thight this looks good so i sat up on bed watchin..then a man came and shot her with a tranquilzer.....she fell he jumped under neather her and rocked with her............by the end of the show i was like wow ALIAS i was hooked....every week at the same time i would watch......and love it.....i was looking in the shops for the dvd but all they had was series 2 so got it watched it ..i didt know what was happening but still.......then after serie 3 alias moved to bravo and was on at a better time 9pm........... (y) so that how my alias addittion started

just in case you dont know what epi.i first saw was epi 1 of serise 3 :D :D

ill neverforgette the first time watched alias..........and lli rember the last (n)

My story is pretty sad, yet with a happy ending, in short, "ALIAS" saved my life. Here is the short version of my ALIAS journey. In Feb 2002, I was bitten by a brown recluse spider, the effects were devasting. Over a course of three long years, I ended up losing everything I had including all my savings, a job, and almost the will to live. To begin, I had heard of this show ALIAS, yet had no interest whatsoever, then I was watching the Golden Globe award the previous month, (Jan 2002), and Jen Garner won for her role as Sydney Bristow. I thought I would give the show a chance when it returned to the airwaves, I saw it on Sunday night at 9:00 pm. "I was hooked""ALIAS" became a drug, and I was hooked!!!In any case, due the injury I had suffered, I had seen every episode except the pilot for the next three years, funny thing was I could not recall anything I had watched. Eventually, I started getting better in the summer of 2005, I am revisiting all of the old ALIAS episodes, and getting into it again. I had never really watched TV since I was a kid yet this show brought me back. Believe this or not a few monthes ago I applied for a job in Washington DC, it was for a travel agency? or was it? I got the job..................In the end ALIAS is still having a profound impact on my life, thanks for getting me through the rough patches.

I actually got hooked because they kept advertising Lost and Alias together... and I was like... huh... Alias looks pretty cool.

So I bought the seasons on DVD.... now Im hooked.

I actually got hooked because they kept advertising Lost and Alias together... and I was like... huh... Alias looks pretty cool.

So I bought the seasons on DVD.... now Im hooked.

I got hooked on Alias about 10-11 months ago, it came on a month where I had recieved a damn good paycheck so I decided to invest in a couple of boxsets, my original plan was to get two 24 boxsets, but they were nearly £50 at the time so I looked for other boxsets, thats when I clapped eyes on the sexy Ms Garner-Affleck, and I read the stuff on the back and thought 'Sod it....24 can wait!'.

And I wasnt disappointed, I bought seasons one and two right there and then for £19.99 each, and got Seasons 3 and 4 shortly after! I got one ex workmate hooked on the show, and I am tryin to tell my best mate that Jack Bristow would have Jack Bauer in a fight....he aint havin any of it... :angry:

Well.I'm from Greece,so as you understand,my case is weird...!

It was autumn of 2003 when I saw "Phase One" (sason 2 episode13) in cable.It was sunday afternoon and I was bored to death,so by luck I ran into ALIAS when Syd tells Dixon the truth about SD-6.I totally liked it and watched it next time,and next time,til season2 ended.I was sooo curious so I surfed around the net and figured out that season 3 was already on US and I became obsessed with the show!!!

Here,cable channel just finished season 4 and I learn everything I can for season5 from the net.It's pretty painful not to be able to watch the show,but I think it's worth it!

ALIAS rules!! (y)

I got hooked on Alias in the summer of 2002. It was during August... I got a fever and was home alone while everyone was on the beach. I was really mad and my dad told me to watch this TV show. Well... I decided to take his advice and started watching. I wasn't a big fan of TV or TV shows so I thought I wasn't going to like it.

I remember the first scene I saw was Syd and Vaughn in the warehouse... and I thougt it was really cute. I remember seeing Jack and saying "look, it's the guy from Titanic" After that Syd was on action... And I thought "This girl is amazing". I watched it until the end and I wanted more. I don't remember exactly the episode but I think it was Reckoning or Time Will Tell... I'm not sure.

Nothing good to watch on that time and saw this show about to start. I'm not really into action shows but I continued watching coz I was kinda curious with the red-head woman. Kinda interesting. Then on the last few scenes of the ep... this guy really caught my attention. I know I saw him before (yep, Never Been Kissed!). And the first interaction between Sydney and Vaughn... I felt something :throb: in there and thought there's gonna be love between these two (yep! yep! yep! :P ).

The man I saw plus that lovey-love-love I'm feeling between the two made me: "oh I gotta watch the next ep!" :woot: made me more interested... and after watching the pilot episode, I watched the next ep and the next ep and the next and the next... and yeah, I've never stopped and became an addict, I mean I got hooked :P up to now!

I think, if I hadn't seen Michael Vartan or let's say his character was played by another actor... I'm not sure though if I'd watch the next episode. It's Michael Vartan and the chemistry between him and Jen (their very first scene and their character's love story) that got me hooked on Alias... include in there Sydney's relationship with her parents, her friends and her not so friends :P ... but yeah, for me it's really about S/V. :love:

I'm not really that hooked on any show... I think it's only Alias :blush:

Let's see, way back in 2001, I turned on the TV and it just so happened to be on channel 7, fate? Not really! I took one look at the scene with Sydney in her red wig, getting her teeth pulled out and said to myself, "What the heck kind of show is this!" I simply just grabbed the remote and changed the channel. Yet, little did I know that while I was "ignoring" this show called Alias my grandmother was really intrigued by it. She mostly kept her interest in the show to herself, until she got my aunt to watch it. My aunt was hooked by season 2, I still had yet to join the bandwagon. It wasn't until the first episode of season three(by then I had completly forgotton the show had even existed, infact I really never watched much TV with the exception of Days of our Lives) that I actually sat down to watch an episode. And honestly it was because we were having a family get together that night and my aunt was over and my grandma and aunt just "had to" watch it. So I sat there in front of the TV watching "The Two", utterly confused. I literaly rattled off a dozen questions, I was honestly intrigued at that point. I had no clue what I was watching, but I was definetly not opposed to what I originally judged to be a show not worth my time. By the closure of the season three permire I was definetly full of curiosity, so, I went to Blockbuster and did the logical thing. I rented Season 1! And then it was a domino effect. I subconsciously re-evaluated my opinion and became part of the Alias fanbase. Its Ironic though, I think I'm an even bigger fan then my grandmother and aunt!

i just heard of it before , obviously cause i started watching it at season 4, so i decided to see what it was about, for curiositys sake, i didnt think id like it or anything like that lol , and i started like halfway through season 4, very confused!! but i remember i was like that one scence were vaughn punched syd and ran away and when he said he loved her ...still.. im like how come? ?? whats that suppose to mean lol so i decided to buy all the seasons on dvd to see how they started together and to see how alias started and clear up all the qs i had lol hehe :D basically then i got hooked and now im obsessed!!! haha

I got into it by a total accident. I heard of it before cuz while it was on TNT, my brother watched it, and he was hooked. I thought that stupid red wig was so stupid and it was a dumb show. I had never been a fan of Garner either. Wel, I had seen Daredevil, and still thought nothing of her. Then on HBO, they had Elektra playing a lot! Because I work and go to school, I only saw the middle parts of it, like eight times, and it was annoying me. So I rented the movie, and I liked it...but more than that, I loved Garner's acting in it. Well, one of my classes I hate, don't know how to do the work in and I don't care about it (It's drafting class, and they stuck me in it). Then one night, as I was flipping through channels, I cam across Alias (of course I didn't know that then). Then I surfed the net for Garner's movie/tv bio and saw she was on Alias. Then I searched for the episode guide and transcripts. I began to read them and got hooked. Since it wasn't re-running old episodes, and I couldn't find when the new ones came on, I bought season 3 and 4. After that I was totally hooked and I spent a great deal in time and money renting the rest of the season 1 and 2 and finding when the new episodes aired, and this forum. :smiley: Needless to say, Alias has become a top selling show on my list. I am dissappointed that I got into it so late, but at least I got into it. Now I have started to write fan fics on it, and when that happens, then you know I am a real fan

Was that long enough? :angelic: :blush: :D

i am from portugal ! i get hooked on alias in the summer 4 years ago !
I was passing the holidays in a beach house and there was nothing to do them i turn the tv and i saw alias it was the firts season the episode was "time will tell" i completly love it !
Them i start to see it every week and when the season 1 finished in portugal a start searching for what was going to happen in season2 that had already started in US was were i realise that this was one of the best series that i ever watch!
:smiley:

Hmmm, ok so I can honestly say I've been watching Alias since the first episode. I've been a big fan of spy type shows forever. I've been fascinated with that type of plot twisting and fun stories. So when I saw the previews for the Alias pilot, I had to watch. After watching the pilot I was really impressed. I loved the show from day one and have been hooked since.

Of course for me it didn't stop me when I found out that Michael Vartan was in it... a HUGE bonus for me, and of course when David Anders started to guest appear as Mr.Sark... I was a very happy girl! I just think that the plot, the characters, everything about it is great.

I'll admit the last 2 seasons haven't shone as bright as the first 3, but I am and will always be a devoted Alias fan!

I've watched Alias since the very beginning. I remember sitting with my mom, and she was flipping through the channels (which pisses me off to no end!) so I grabbed the remote from her hands, and it stopped on ABC! I was about to change it, when this commercial promo thingy said that Alias was coming up next (they made it sound really good) so I figured "Why not?" Given, I was only like 10, and I probably didn't understand half of what they were saying, but when I saw Sydney in her bright red wig kicking major ass, I was immediately floored. From that time, I was hooked.

The obsession didn't really become big until the season 2 premier, when Irina Derevko was introduced. Once I saw bad ass Irina in action, I knew I was addicted. That's when I became a crazy fanatic, collecting merchandise and memorizing entire episode dialogs. Now, I've watched every episode at least ten times, (I've watched the Passage Part I and II 47 times each, just for the sake of it.) I've become so emotionally attached to the show, that I bawl my eyes out when something sad happens, and I spend the whole time standing up during the fight scenes screaming "COME ON SYDNEY!!! YOU'RE SYDNEY BRISTOW!!!! KICK HER ASS!!!" and when people insult Alias or Sydney Bristow's abilities, I go ape-felgercarb! My mom is seriously considering sending me to counciling, because she thinks it isn't healthy that I become depressed when something bad happens or when someone I like dies, and that I go completely insane when a really good episode is on, to the point where I ruin people's couches (LMAO Andrea!). Anyway, I've been trying to convince her that there are tons of other people like me in the world, so please don't make me feel like an idiot; I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heart literally starts to hurt during an exciting part, and has to watch Alias at least once a day. Speak up, people! As my user name says; Alias=Life, and I'm sure I'll go into a deep depression once it is over.

^ Ya, you crazy couch ruiner, lol :D! Don' worry I did it too.

How I got hooked on Alias? Hmmm...well it was during January of last year, and I remember this crazy person going on and on about this show called Alias, and she just woudn't shut-up, so I decided I would watch it. Turned out I was watching the premier of the fourth season, and I had no idea what was going on, but hey it was good. Once in a while I would turn the TV on, and see that it was on, so I would watch. Because I had no idea what was going on I borrowed the DVDs from my friend (same one that got hooked on the show). I watched the first episode , and was like, "HOLY felgercarb THIS SHOW IS AWESOME! After that it was I seriosuly coudn't stop. I watched the entire first seaosn within five days, until I was done all three seaosns. I still am in complete amazment that I didn't watch the show from the beginning, but even if I didn't I would still say I have this abnormal, crazy, insane obsession because it's like the best show EVER!!!!!!! It's probably not normal to be as obessed as I am, but come on, how can you not be, that's my question? So now I'm like this crazy Alias fan who breaks her own freakin' couch when she hears Vaughn propose to Sydney (had to add that :P ).

~Andrea :angelic:

hmm well being in hong kong with no cable, i download all my episodes. (don't worry, i delete after i watch, then go buy the dvds if i like them). Anyway i had just gotten hooked on lost, and i mean like am obsessive, drooling fangirl, addicted, complete brainwashed with anything to do with Lost obsession. Yeah anyway after I finished Lost, i was still waiting for season 2, and i thought id go crazy if i didnt get more. I read that JJ Abrams was the creator, and plus I'd always liked Jennifer Garner for a long time since I saw her on Daredevil-Action girls are the best! So, just to keep myself occupied until Lost returned, I downloaded season 1 of Alias....and WOAH. After the first few episodes I was just like 'Lost?! What the hell is that?!' Then i got sick for a while and was at home on and off for a month, meaning it was time to drag the dvds out. I don't think ive ever been so obsessed witha show in my entire life after i finished season 2. I was so obsessed i even found season 4 pretty good. Of course, after watching it the 2nd time i finally understand everyeones frustrations with it >< But it sucks cz just after i finished watching season 4, ABC tell us theyre gonna go cancel it. Like, WTF?!

Five years ago, when I first saw the billboard with a girl in the red wig, I said to myself …yeah another stupid show. And I never saw a promo on TV. Actually I never watched any TV show because I was kind of busy with school. I either studied or did my research every day. You know a graduated student’s life is suck. One Sunday night I was very tired and came home early. I turned on the TV and saw a girl sitting in the restaurant by herself. Then she picked up the phone to call someone. I still didn’t know what she was doing. At the same time I was kind of having a brain dead. My hand was so numb. So, I decided not to change channel. Normally my remote and I were real good friend. Then the music started, Angle. I loved the song, so I decided to stay for the music. Then Sydney started crying. It was so real. I really wanted to hug her. I remembered saying to myself ---Is she really crying? ---who’s that girl, ---she is every good, ---what is the name of the show?.

I told myself I have to come home on Sunday to watch the show. Guess what. I didn’t. Then on one Wednesday night, I came home early. Guess what. There was a repeat for the Pilot episode with the girl from the other night. This time I have a different opinion on a red wig. When the lab was blow up and the music started, I told myself –how did I completely forget about this show.

That how my obsession’s began.
BTW before I knew Alias, I had never become a fan of any TV show. Alias is the only one and the longest. It is amazing how Alias has held my interest for 5-6 years. I’m sure when the final letter “ALIAS” disappear on the TV screen, I will be very sad. I don’t think I will never find a show like this again.

THANK YOU ALIAS COMPANY.

at my school's book fair, i saw an alias book, read the back cover, and being the kind of girl i am, i bought it. it was pretty good i guess, and well- i liked it. this was all like, pre-alias, so it was all. . i love you noah hick. wait. . jk. . i was obsessed with the book. sry about that. anyway. so i went on the abc website, and saw some guy named vaughn. i was like: WHAT? SHE HAS TO BE WITH NOAH! I HATE VAUGHN!!! and then during the summer that year. . . .2003 i believe (i think i was 12?) , my mother decided to spend 2 months in china for fun. i bought loads of really good quality dvds. i was in the middle of watching this chinese show's season, and i saw alias. i'd heard it was pretty good from my friend when she saw i bought the book, but she'd never watched it either. so i bought the first season, and after 3 episodes, i was completely hooked. ive never seen anything like this show before. it's absolutely amazing.

im one of those obsessive people, and i got all over alias. im still totally obsessed. i talk about it with my teachers every class, shriek about how hot sark is during lunch. . .you get the idea.

Back