How did YOU get into Alias?

How did you get into Alias? Did you watch from the very beginning, or saw a commercial and tuned in, or heard it from a friend? Go on, say it. What's your Alias story??

I don't really remember, but I know that I used to watch those James Bond movies ABC played on Saturday and the cast of Alias hosted it once and I remember thinking "hey this show seems pretty cool", mainly because I was really into spy stuff at the time, but I still didn't tune in to the actual show (which I regret now because I would really enjoy a tape of that one Bond movie that they hosted). Anyway, I think that it was after The Wonderful World Of Disney and I was flipping channels and figured I would just watch whatever was on and I was just wowed.

So, what's YOUR Alias story?

I wanted to watch Alias from the beginning but I didn't. (I don't remember why) Then in the summer I remembered, "Alias. I could start watching it now" and I did. I started watching around ep 8 and started recording from The Box Part II and all eps after that (except for the eps ABC didn't re-air). Now here I am watching and recording Alias and talking about it and loving it. :smiley:

Moving (to Alias Fun, but should it be under General?)

Sorry, wasn't sure where to put it under.

I think I started watching around ep 16. At first, every time a new person would come on screen, I would be SO confused thinking,"is that guy good, or is he bad?". Like, at first I didn't know that everyone at SD-6 (Marshall, Dixon) didn't know that they weren't working for the CIA, but I quickly caught up, thanks to AllAlias and other great fansites(but mostly AllAlias)

The ep Q&A especially helped in explaining things. I would be completely off track without this ep.

Oh, hey, I didn't miss that one..it was ep 17. But I'm sure I missed it. Maybe I had a test that Monday and was cruelly forced to miss that one episode.

Here's my story:
On one particular Sunday I was almost bored to death with nothing to do. So I turned on the TV. When I was flipping through the channels, I came to ABC and they were talking about the first episode of Alias coming up next. I didn't recognize the show from anywhere, and out of curiousity I watched the episode. From the very start I immediately loved Vaughn/Vartan, and I really admired Syndey/Jennifer, so I thought I might possibly watch the next episode. (WhichI did.) And then after that I just kept on watching because the ending always made me want to know what happens next, and to do that I had to watch the next episode. So by the time the first season was over I was already into the habit of checking if Alias was on every Sunday night, even if I knew they were going to replay an episode. So now I totally love Alias. :smiley:

Ohh, I know what happened: I only tuned in at the end of ep 16 "Q&A" because I happened to see that one part where Sydney drove into the water. Okay, now I'm good.

I started watching when Syd was the swedish girl! I had seen the pilot on ABCFamily and fell sooooooooooo in love with it! I didn't know about any fansites so I had to figure it out all by myself!

Ohh ...I missed that one

Question: (I don't have cable so I don't know) Do they show regular episodes on ABCFamily the same time they show them on ABC (Sunday, at nine)? And which channel do you watch them on?

Stupid questions I know, but I was just wondering.

I believe they show them on Fridays,but I don't really know what time...

Am I the only one who started watching it from the beginning? I must be too obsessed... -_- ^_^

Really? They stopped airing it there? :confused: Sorry for giving you the wrong info a.k.a.Kate_Jones. I don't often watch Alias on ABC family, and I had no idea they stopped showing Alias. -_-

I saw a promo on ABC summer 2001 and was hooked :smiley:

I tuned in to the first episode... although I was working on a school project with a friend so missed the first 20 min.

I got hooked when I was watching the James Bond movies and the cast was hosting it. I saw Jennifer (I didn't know her name at the time), but I thought she was really pretty :smiley:. Then I was talking to my friend Lauren and she was talking about it and she told me how great it was and I was further hooked and more interested in it. That was around January when I started watching and understanding everything more and more. And here I am today posting on the boards.

I used to watch felicity, and when I saw the ad for alias I really wanted to see it. I have watched the show from the very beginning! Yay, me :D I was really upset when they took the show off of abcfamily because if I missed one on Sunday, I could see it on Friday....but not anymore! :( :angry: ABC stopped airing the re runs on abcfam because they didn't want to hurt alias's future chances for syndicated rerun sales.

Back