How did YOU get into Alias?

i started watching from the very begining. i have seen every single ep i had seen the comertials for it and it look really good. ^_^

I went over to a friends house one sunday about a fourth of the way into the season and watched it and have been hooked ever since (and got many other hooked to, actually they are hooked I am a crazed obsessed alias fan, i mean it im not just saying that swear it, all I talk about is alias and rarely do I talk of other things, my mom swears it is bad for my mental health (and I dont have any money left because i spent it all on alias junk)

My mom started watching Alias on an all day marathon last new years day!! Then my sister got into it!! It took me a little longer than her to get into it, but then I started to like Vaughn and now we're addicted!!! Addicted as in never missing an ep, talking about it nonstop to our friends ( who by the way think we're obsessed), made a screensaver and wallpaper on our computer, ask people nonstop to watch it, and gave our aunt's students an extra credit assignment to watch it!!! Hee Hee!! LOL!! :redhair:

I saw commercial on Abc before it started and then in our newspaper there was this huge advertising in it for the show. I was hooked before it was on. I have see every episode. And also I use to watch Felicity and when I herd that JJ. abrams was the producer guy I thought "Well what a ya know"
I have been a fan of alias and I will never stop hehe.
I am sooo glad they made alias!

I started watching Alias about 5 minutes from the end of the pilot. I'd wanted to watch the whole thing because I thought it sounded really cool, since it involved the CIA and since the advertising sounded really good. But to my disappointment I had some church thing going on until 8:30 that Sunday. So I get home in time to see her at the CIA office writing and asking for a new pen. I saw previews for the next episode and I got hooked afterwards. If I though I loved it back then, I was crazy. After missing episode 1.18, I made it a house law to never be going anyway after 5 p.m. Lol... I still haven't seen the whole Pilot....dang...

I was watching Survivor, which was my favorite show at the time, and right after it the season premire of alias came on. I had no clue what it was but I watched becuase i was bored. After that I was glued to the tv every friday

i saw the commercial for alias and verything but wasn't really interested. in like october if the first season i watched an episode and absolutely loved it AND I STILL DO! alias just rocks!

My first glimpse of ALIAS was in the middle of the first season. At first I sort of got it confused with the show "Thieves" and I thought, "That dosen't look very good." But then I actually tuned into one of the episodes one Sunday because I was curious, (I think it was "The Box part I") From then on I was hooked. And after I got my friend to watch it, she got hooked too. Now I have the whole first season on four video tapes (Comercial free :eek:), and am now in the process of recording the second season too. (I've also copied all of those four tapes for my other ALIAS crazy friend!) Sunday nights are by far my favourite time of the week! (I also hate anyone who puts down, or disses the show or it's characters in any way!;o) :redhair:

My friends and I also started a mini ALIAS club back in October (We call ourselves the Freelancers). We started after we went to the Barne's and Noble ALIAS book signing for the new book "ALIAS declassified". So that means I have all of their autographs!!!!! (I've actually gotten Jennifer's twice because I went to see her when she was on the Jay Leno show. Afterwards my friends and I went to the back gate where they all leave and stopped her car! She was kind of in a hurry but she still signed my Entertainment Weekly magazine. It was soooo cool! She even recognized me when I saw her again at the book signing!) Whenever we are together we work on Alias scrapbooks, watch episodes and do other ALIAS related stuff. We all have her red wig too! It's fun. :redhair:

Sydney Look Alike said:
So that means I have all of their autographs!!!!! (I've actually gotten Jennifer's twice because I went to see her when she was on the Jay Leno show. Afterwards my friends and I went to the back gate where they all leave and stopped her car! She was kind of in a hurry but she still signed my Entertainment Weekly magazine. It was soooo cool! She even recognized me when I saw her again at the book signing!) Whenever we are together we work on Alias scrapbooks, watch episodes and do other ALIAS related stuff. We all have her red wig too! It's fun. :redhair:
How I envy you!!!!!!!!!!

From all these stories it sounds like the advertising for the pilot did a good job in pulling viewers in.

i had seen commercials advertising it in the beginning and had to see the pilot. After the first minutes, i was hooked. Haven't missed an episode and hopefully never will! i have gotten at least twenty people hooked also, i mean why not it is the only good show out there!!

I was watching tv one friday night and flipping channels because I dont really watch anything and I came upon Alias and it was around the time she realized her mom was alive and it looked kind of mystically ctiony and extremely cool. So I started to watch and got reeeeeeaaaaly into it. I remeber I watched like thee episodes not knowing wat sd-6 was.

vaughnmyangel said:
I was watching tv one friday night and flipping channels because I dont really watch anything and I came upon Alias and it was around the time she realized her mom was alive and it looked kind of mystically ctiony and extremely cool. So I started to watch and got reeeeeeaaaaly into it. I remeber I watched like thee episodes not knowing wat sd-6 was.
And you didnt know about joeys pizza until i told you a few weeks ago :eek: :rolleyes:

How is that possible???

I was actually interested in Alias from the very beginning, but I didn't watch it at first because it was on at the same time as X-Files and I was an X-F fanatic, and I was stupid so it never occurred to me that I could tape one while I watched the other. :blink:
Anyway, on the Sundays before the X-F season started and during X-F commercials I would flip to ABC and see some of the scenes on Alias, so I knew some things before I even started watching the show. Then one day I realized that X-F really sucked in its last season, so I decided to see if I could follow Alias. The episode was "Mea Culpa" and I was confused about a lot of stuff, but thanks to Syd's opening monologue and the scenes I had seen during my off-time from X-F, I was surprisingly not as lost as I could have been. ^_^ And that ep was so amazing that I just had to come back for the next week.
And then, as luck would have it, a few weeks later there was an Alias marathon on ABC Family of the first ten eps and I watched them all right in a row :eek: and I just fell in love! :love: I have been watching the show religiously and obsessively ever since.

Good story, huh? Wow. . . I wrote a lot. . . . :blush:

Back