Season 3 How did you react to Sloane's execution scene?

Read the first message of this thread before answering... And BE HONEST: Did you, at least for a sec

• Yes... Once he was in the black bag and Sydney arrived I thought Sloane was dead for good. They had

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes... But only for a few seconds, then I reconsidered, and, knowing how important Ron Rifkin's char

• No... I knew they were simply not gonna kill one of the most important characters of the show.

• No... I knew because I read spoilers and Sloane is part of a spoiler for one of the next 3 episodes,

• Total voters

ivand67

Sydney's Lover
On 3x19 Hourglass, most Alias fans were probably surprised to see that Sloane's execution went forward and was not stopped. Yes, Jack "resurrected" him a few minutes later, but it seemed that Sloane was gone for good. The way Alias producers made it seem with the Deftones' "Change" in the background, it really seemed to some people that Ron Rifkin's days on Alias were over.

Of course, going into the scene, all Alias fans were thinking, with good reason, "no, they're not gonna kill Sloane... the question only is... is Jack gonna save him? Or Sydney? And how and at what point?"

Please be honest with your response. This poll will also be posted on the episode's forum at SD-1.net.

Ron Rifkin is the bomb, by the way! That entire scene with Sydney kicking ass and Sloane's execution and that tune by the Deftones must have been the best scene we've seen in Season 3, perhaps even in the show's 3 year history. I thought it was great, anyway...

No kidding! I was thinking, it's been a long time since we had that great use of music going!
:D

Without having read any spoilers, I never would have believed in a million years that they would have actually killed off Sloane. I expected some last minute out for him like Jack having a change of heart or Sydney busting in with proof or something. I have to admit that I was totally convinced that he was dead. My jaw was on the ground and I my head was swimming with scenarios about how the show could go on without him. I even thought earlier in the show that maybe Jack did something to the wine (reminiscent of Sloane/Sark) but I brushed that aside during the very real execution scene.

i knew sloane couldnt be dead...but it was still a reall really good scene, and ron rifkin did an amazing job!

Drama Queen said:

I have to admit that I was totally convinced that he was dead.

Then why didn't you vote for yes? You replied but didn't vote... PLEASE BE HONEST ON THIS PEOPLE... vote for yes if even for a second you thought he was dead and Ron Rifkin was gone from Alias... I'm interested to see whether people bought the idea that Sloane could die or not.

I have to say it was only during the music while the vials of liquid were emptying that I figured it out. But it was still very dramatic! And I still had that Holy felgercarb! reaction when it dawned on me. I was still reeling a bit from Jack's hard-ass speech with the wine - Phew!

And can I say - I am so happy I was spoiler-free for this one! There were twists coming left, right and centre!!

When Jack brought in the champagne, I knew he had something up his sleeve. (Sloane drugging Emily's champagne and then she used another drug to counteract his drug...) but then he didn't say anything to Sloane and the way they were talking.. then the execution scene..... I really did believe he was going to die. But then I was like, no way!!! And plus I did see spoiler pics for the upcoming ep and he was alive and kickin' so I knew he wasn't dead.

It totally had me going there. My sister and I were watching it, and enjoying the episode, not trying to second guess anything, and we were both like...whoa!! Did they just do that??? :thinking:

That scene between Jack and Sloane with the wine was simply incredible. The hints were so subtle that Sloane didn't even appear to figure it out. Then the scene of Sloane's execution paralleled with the Sydney grabbing the hourglass sucked me in completely, partially due to the fantastic music selection.

I'm not afraid to admit that for a while there, I was completely fooled!

When Jack let the execution go through I was going, well obviously they can't let him die and I thought about all sorts of scenarios during the commercial break! But I don't generally analyze while I watch (unless a story is all plot), so I just enjoyed seeing how Jack pulled it off! (Sometimes I do have a flash of brilliance, though--probably because I don't analize at the same time.)
:lol:

only for a sec but i knew that sloane was importan to the show - and even though he's done so many horrible things, he and Jack go back a long way and i just don't hink that jack could kill him- they're odd buddies :rolleyes:

Hmmm at first I thought "They can't kill off Sloane! Ron Rifkin wouldn't allow it! :lol: But then when the injections were slowly following through, Jack didn't budge... I was believing it, I almost cried. :mellow:

But then of course, when Jack revived him... ::bangs forehead:: DuH!

Yes, they did have me going.... I sat there in disbelief. I was absolutely shocked when Jack revived him. And to be honest I was shocked it was Jack. When I saw the black glove on the body bag, I though "holy sh*t, it's Irina".... but I was wrong.

I've said it in other posts.... this was one of the best scenes all year. I loved how it all played out. And Ron Rifkin gave his finest performance yet. ;)

Yes and No. I couldn't believe they would kill off Sloane, but I did believe he was dead if that makes sense. I thought for a minute he would be Resurrected. I am so glad I didn't read any spoilers for this episode.

i was in denial when they were doing the execution scene...i was thinking syd would get back in time, or something would complicate it or something. i didnt think they would do the actual leathal injection and then have him revived later by jack. Whew~~~ i didnt think it would have gotten that far, but when i saw the last scene where jack said he needed him, i thought, "oh yeah" something exciting is on the way. :D

Nice to see a bunch of you are remaining spoiler-free... Over the last week I have been able to fight off any temptations I've had to read that Kristin from E! Online column... she knows everything that is gonna happen, and it's such a shame to hear the stuff from her instead of actually going along with the show and watching it spoiler-free.

OMG.....I didn't think they were actually gonna kill em and then they injected all the stuff and he died...I was like OMG they killed Sloane.....It wasn't until Jack brought back that I breathed a sigh of relief.....I was thinkin there would be some kind of weird Rambaldi related miracle that would save him....it was wicked!!

Melissa ^_^

Well, I'm not spoiler free, but I knew anyways that they wouldn't kill off someone like Ron/Sloane. And I wasn't spoiled about the execution scene or anything like that - I assumed the whole ep. that Sloane would get out of his execution before anything happened. Then...all of a sudden he's strapped down and the lethal injections are going into him...and then all of a sudden his heart has stopped beating...and then they're putting him in a body bag.

Now all this time me and my roommate are repeating over and over, that there's no way Sloane's dead. I wasn't quick enough to think about the wine scenario from the prison cell, so I was in shock, wondering how they were going to bring him back to life. I figured it would be something stupid and sci fi, like bringing him back with Green Goo or Rambaldi life juice or something. But no. It was much, much more awesome.

But as soon as Lauren called her mom and told her Sloane's dead, it dawned on us that they acted out the whole scenario for her benefit. Hee! I had a heart attack almost. Jack loves killing people and bringing them back. And I love it too.

Alias24-7-365 said:
But as soon as Lauren called her mom and told her Sloane's dead, it dawned on us that they acted out the whole scenario for her benefit. Hee! I had a heart attack almost. Jack loves killing people and bringing them back. And I love it too.
I don't think they acted it out for Lauren. I think it was the only way Jack could think of to keep Sloane alive to find the Passenger. I think Jack is the only one who knows he is still alive - and I don't think he will be telling many people.

Do you think he will tell Sydney? :confused:

Rinda said:
Do you think he will tell Sydney? :confused:
Yes I do. I don't think he wants to disappoint her. Besides, she needs to be in on what he's doing to find the Passenger. It involves her too intimately, and her life could be endangered if she knows too little. If Sloane gets away and Sydney doesn't know he's alive, things would be very hairy--and how could Jack tell her then? The sooner he fills her in, the better it will be all around--and he needs to tell her why he couldn't trust the gov't to drop the charges.
;) ✌️

Back