Season 3 How did you react to Sloane's execution scene?

Read the first message of this thread before answering... And BE HONEST: Did you, at least for a sec

• Yes... Once he was in the black bag and Sydney arrived I thought Sloane was dead for good. They had

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes... But only for a few seconds, then I reconsidered, and, knowing how important Ron Rifkin's char

• No... I knew they were simply not gonna kill one of the most important characters of the show.

• No... I knew because I read spoilers and Sloane is part of a spoiler for one of the next 3 episodes,

• Total voters
As soon as Jack brought him the wine, I knew he was gonna fake it. My dad thought maybe the whole CIA knew and they were just trying to figure out the mole and all that. But I figured it was just Jack and his wicked evil ideas.

i read by accident on here that sloane had faked his death so therfor ealthough i knew he wasn't dead there was still the element of surprise that actually he thought he was gonna die but it was jack who eventually saved him.

Ok I'll admit that they tricked me for a bit. I knew how important Sloane was, and the whole time I was telling my family, he can't be dead. Wait, did they just kill him? It was so good! I loved this episode!

At first, I thought they were not going to go through with it. Then, during his execution, I thought, "Okay, maybe they are going to kill him off." Then, I remembered that the hourglass could only be used by Sloane, so I knew they wouldn't kill him.

Well, no, i didnt because id read the spoilers from the USA anyway.. so yeah. Bad Kelly! But if i hadnt, im pretty sure i wouldnt have thought he was really dead. Not that it wasnt done brilliantly, but im always dubious on Alias when someone dies thats they're not really dead.

I figured there were some sharp cookies in the audience who may have figured something was going on with the wine in the cell.
But I was snookered.
Especially when Jack put the file back in his drawer when the DOJ dude arrived.
MC

At first, I was like damn. Jack is bad. He let an "innocent" man die. But then in later viewings of the episode, I noticed that one red haired dude was a member of the trust, because of when sloane was in there getting their retina scans. So then I was like wait...jack must have known.

And then when they had that wine scene, I was like it would be poetic for Jack to save Sloane in the same way sloane saved his wife.

For the most part I thought he was dead but then when you think about it they couldn't kill him he was just too important!!

Back