how dose your school work?

im writie about schools in USA, Canda and UK for my enghlis class.
so how dose it work? tell me all about it. what are you studing? how loong do you have to go to school? yeah you now please tell me all about it.

thank you

Okay can you give us more specific questions. like by what we're studying, do you mean what kind of classess we need to graduate and go into university or what we're currently studying outselves? ... something with more detail. ;)

If you give a specific set of questions I'm sure people will be more than willing to answer
--mandy :angelic:

I live in the US.

In the US, we attend school from K(kindergarten) to 12 grade; those are the years the government requires. Some may attend pre-school, which is before K. Others will go on for a higher education after 12th grade and attend a university. At the university level, there are three main degrees people obtain: bachelors, m.b.a, and PhD. there are other courses of study, but it'd probably help if you asked more specific questions.

perhaps that information will start you off?

for Canada we have to go to school for 13 years: 9 in elementary and 4 in high school. for high school we have to get a certain amount of credits before we can graduate. I think there is a total of 30. Plus we have to do a certain amount of hours of community service, I think 20 hours (I could be wrong). but the credit system is as follows by grade:

grade 9
english
math
science
gym/music/art (must choose 2 of the 3)
french
career studies/government
history

grade 10
english
math
science
french (or another second language)
history
plus three electives, like art, music, gym, law, media arts, I.T. in business or computers

grade 11
english
math: functions and relations or relations
and 6 electives: art, music, gym, bio, chem, phsyics, computer engineering, business, law, accounting, media studies or drama

grade 12
english
and 5 electives:art, musc, gym, bio/ap bio, chem, physics/ap physics, computer engineering, law, bustiness, media studies, accounting, drama, advanced relations and calculus/ap calculus, geometry and discrete math.

There might be more electives, I just named a few.

in elementry school, I don't know to much cause I didn't really pay attention to how it worked, i'd just show up and do my work.

fong_11 said:
for Canada we have to go to school for 13 years: 9 in elementary and 4 in high school.  for high school we have to get a certain amount of credits before we can graduate.  I think there is a total of 30.  Plus we have to do a certain amount of hours of community service, I think 20 hours (I could be wrong). but the credit system is as follows by grade:

grade 9
english
math
science
french
history

grade 10
english
math
science
history
plus three electives, like art, music, gym, law, media arts, I.T. in business or computers

grade 11
english
and 6 electives: art, music, gym, bio, chem, phsyics, computer engineering, business, law, accounting, media studies or drama

grade 12
english
and 5 electives:art, musc, gym, bio/ap bio, chem, physics/ap physics, computer engineering, law, bustiness, media studies, accounting, drama, advanced relations and calculus/ap calculus, geometry and discrete math.

in elementry school, I don't know to much cause I didn't really pay attention to how it worked, i'd just show up and do my work.
[post="1479562"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That isnt necessarily the order of which you have to take things in Canada, but you have to get the basic courses, (2 sciences, one of which is in grade 11/12, three maths, one of which is in grade 11/12, one PE, one second language (generally french)..etc)

fong_11 said:
for Canada we have to go to school for 13 years: 9 in elementary and 4 in high school.  for high school we have to get a certain amount of credits before we can graduate.  I think there is a total of 30.  Plus we have to do a certain amount of hours of community service, I think 20 hours (I could be wrong). but the credit system is as follows by grade:

grade 9
english
math
science
french
history

grade 10
english
math
science
history

grade 11
english

grade 12
english

[post="1479562"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

NINE in elementary? :blink: whaa? The new Ontario cirriculum is 30 credits to graduate. 4 credits in English, 1 credit in French as a second language, 3 credits in Mathematics (at elast 1 credt in grade 11 or 12), 2 credits in Science, 1 credit in Canadian geogrpahy, 1 credit in Canadian History, 1 credit in Arts, 1 credit in Health and phys ed, .5 of Civics, .5 of Career Studies, 1 additional credit in English or a a third lanugage, or social sciences and the humanities, or Canadian and World studies, 1 additional cred it in Health and Phys Ed, or the Arts or Business Studies, 1 additional credits in Science (grade 11 or 12) or Technological education. And 12 elective credits.

Also 40 hours of community service. ;)

-mandy :angelic:

Moonlite Star said:
I live in the US.

In the US, we attend school from K(kindergarten) to 12 grade; those are the years the government requires. Some may attend pre-school, which is before K. Others will go on for a higher education after 12th grade and attend a university. At the university level, there are three main degrees people obtain: bachelors, m.b.a, and PhD. there are other courses of study, but it'd probably help if you asked more specific questions.

perhaps that information will start you off?
[post="1479375"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah thanks, i will tray to come up wite more specifc questions.
and a big thanks to fong_11. that will help me alot

Hmm... I live in Ohio in the US, and we only need 21 credits to graduate. 4 English, 3 math (including algebra and geometry), 3 science (including bio and chem), 3 social sciences (including US history, world history, and gov.), 1/2 credit health, 3/4ths credit gym (don't ask me why, it's a weird amount that doubles to a year and a half), 1/2 credit computers, and 1 arts/preforming arts credit. But if that's all the credits you're taking, you're really a slacker. By the end of my junior year, I'm going to have 18.75. And then there's the 6 or 7 classes I'll end up taking next year.

wow we don't have required community service hours. although most college bound students end up having SOME community service before they graduate, simply because it looks good on the application for the colleges they want to apply to. Of course, others actually participate in community service because its a good thing to do and makes you feel good...

1#ALIAS#1 said:
in canada (my province) we have to do 40 hours of community service work to graduate
[post="1480172"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
what province is that? ;)

--Mandy :angelic:

:lol: haha figures. every Canadian I've meet online with the exception of one are Ontarian. ;)
--Mandy :angelic:

Back