Season 2 How evil is Derevko?

ok so no one really thinks that this is more than just an act on derevko's part... i want a REASON she asked this other two agents to get into the car, when the getaway would have been twice as slick without it.

I think irena is definately a woman with her own agenda... her quest for rambaldi sickens and twists her. I imagine that she'll be put to the choice at one point, of obtaining super rambaldi powers, or the love of her daughter.

I believe she's really actually good, but something about probably getting on Sloane's good side to get something for the C.I.A. Maybe.

Or..

She could be so obssesed with Rambaldi that her and Sloane were both working together.

But I hope the second one isn't true.

i think that she is definitly in this thing swith sloan only for herself..
whether she cares for sydney or not is reallyu shady for me
she has tricked us before...will be fall for it again??

hmmmm :blink:

:eek: Boy its been a few days since the episode ran. Having copied it and watched it several times then thought about it I've come to my own conclusions. Of course, having been bit a few times by the writers, I no longer am sure about anything. They still manage to take us all down a twisting road.
Jack and Irina...humm, well I'd love to see them together again. Did she really mean to humiliate him again. Verdantheart thought so...or was it the wine and the moment. It is obvious that there was a lot of sexual tension between the two.
Is she evil? I think the woman is obsessedby Rambaldi and probably will do anything to get the advantage over Sark and especially Sloane. He has threatened her daughter. And Sydney is perhaps (never sure again) her Achilles heel. :Ph34r:

lenafan said:
Jack and Irina...humm, well I'd love to see them together again. Did she really mean to humiliate him again. Verdantheart thought so...or was it the wine and the moment. It is obvious that there was a lot of sexual tension between the two.
Wait now, I didn't say I thought she meant to humiliate him. I said that as always Irina is ambiguous and there are a couple of ways to read her motives:

We can read this in a couple of different ways. 1) She wants to make love to him; she has feelings for him; 2) She wants to demonstrate her complete control over him and humiliate him completely.
which includes the possibility that she wanted to humiliate him but also includes the possibility that she wanted to make love to him (Irina's "between a man and a woman" factor).

What would I like to believe? I'm a romantic, so I'd love to believe that Irina has a big soft spot for Jack--that the reason she hasn't tried recruiting him (hell, they work so well together!) because that might mean having to face the choice of killing him, a choice she doesn't want to make. Or perhaps it's because she needed to leave someone to care for Sydney . . . (though that would hardly apply now, would it? or would it?) But I have a feeling that if she does have feelings for Jack, she might see it as her weakness.
;)

:eek: oops, sorry. I am such an over the wall romantic -- that I want them to be together. And why not become a member of her team? What did the CIA do for Jack? They work well together and I hope I'm right, Irina works for no one but herself. The Sloane thing is temporary, if that! I just don't think (but then I'm not one of the writers)she's going to betray him again...she has to face her daughter as we know in the upcoming ep. :thinking:

Irina taking the two guards made little sense whether she was good or evil. Kendell and Jack wanted her to get in the car even without the guards. If Irina was evil just leave the gaurds they are to much of a complication. If Irina was good why risk there lives in her trick Sloane plan?

Actually I think Kendall wanted her to take the guards with her. And she seemed really surprised/shocked when Sark killed them. You can't reallu judge her because of that.

How about what Jack did in Madagascar? Did that make him evil? Don't think so.

I think she took the bodyguards to make it seem as though she still had control. Then when they were shot which did look unexpected she did a 180 degree turn when they reached Sloane. Irina Derevko is highly intelligent and quick on her feet. She would have to be in order to run an organization and deal with other criminals. :Ph34r:

I thought she took the guards so that they wouldn't see where the limo was going, for one thing. One more little piece of insurance. Plus it might be that she wanted Kendall & Co to think she was playing their game for as long as possible.
;)

:Ph34r: I think Irina Derevko can straddle the line between good and evil. She can be good with Sydney and perhaps even Jack. She will be evil when she deals with Sloane, Sark or any other criminal. She deciminates at the drop of a hat and is quick both in mind and body, i.e. when she killed the three men at the Bangkok ummm sin house? The woman has the makings of the greatest all time anti-heroine characters of fiction, especially if the writers keep us twisting, turning as we try to figure her out. :Ph34r:

lenafan said:
:Ph34r: I think Irina Derevko can straddle the line between good and evil. She can be good with Sydney and perhaps even Jack. She will be evil when she deals with Sloane, Sark or any other criminal. 

I suspect she's an addict, of sorts, to the Rambaldi chase.

Back