How many seasons will it last?

How many season do you think Alias will go for?

• This season (3rd) is the last

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 100.0%

• 9 or more

• Total voters
On the a.t.alias newsgroup there is a lot of talk about how this is the last season. I think seven because the number 47 is so important :smiley:

Exactly how low are the ratings? I think part of that - this season at least is the way they keep showing it only once a month, it is hard to keep up with its schedule.

I had never watched Alias until the last six months. I got both of the box sets of season 1 and 2 and am watching it live for this season for the first time. If I had known it was going to jump around so bad (months between new episodes) I would have waited until September for season 3 dvd set.

I would Love a good 7, but it seems like it will only be 5. What I would really love is alias on forever and each season getting better and better.

5 is the magic number for assured syndication right? So I'm hoping that it will at least last this long.
It seems like the general population is wary of becoming new watchers of this show because they don't think they'll be able to understand it. I've tried to talk people into watching it, but I can understand why they're reluctant. I mean, it's not like the 15 second "last time on Alias" would really help the newbies.
It's really frustrating because one of the reasons the fans love the show is because it's so complicated and everything from season 3 has connections to seasons 1 and 2. But at the same time, that's what makes the show scary to people who've never seen it.

Didn't Jennifer sign on for a 7 year contract? I'm hoping that it will last that long, but so far the ratings have been really disapointing. :depressed:

I say 7 - 8. I mean if Buffy could last 7 seasons then Alias easyily go 7. At the VERY LEAST it would last 5. And thats the very least. I think that if ABC would give it a better time slot then it could last 8-9

As long as ABC's new shows continue to be dopey :P Alias is one of ABC's best shows, and I don't doubt that Alias will be signed onto the fourth season. But with current audience reactions towards the show, the writers should really be more careful before throwing out a script.

i said season five. i LOVE this show and im obsessed with everything about it!!!

but i just dont think it's as good as it used to be. i mean i still LOVE it and its still AWESOME, but as more seasons come, i just dont find them as good as the season before.

I think there is only one way to increase its number of viewers....destroy everything and start from scratch. Make it so that people watching at the beginning of NEXT season can actually follow along. Noone should have to spend $120CDN and watch a bunch of DVD's just to be able to understand a TV show. That's too much!

you don't need to run out and buy a bunch of DVD's to understand the show, i don't think anyone really knows whats REALLY going on, it's supposed to be like that ... some mystery and action, missions, blah blah blazah... but that's why this site is cool, just look up s***, ask questions
i hate the love triangle thing right now, i keep swearing i'm not gonna watch anymore, but i still do - i watched from the begining tho, and i don't think that this show is anything like Sienfeld or Friends, they ran for a looonngggg time.
I think even if the actor has a contract doesn't really mean that the show with last, sorry to say...most of these actors contracts are tricky & all, so i'm gonna just say i hope it stay's on for a while, and if it's cut, then maybe another network will pick it up ... then i can re-watch;)

There is a thread about this on the newsgroups as well.

Everyone does seem to be scared, where can I get actual ratings on Alias?

Well I did a few quick searches and I found this site:

http://www.aliasinsider.com/neilsen.htm
This one says that their overall rank is 57 - that doesn't seem to be that bad.

None of the other sites have alias listed, they are all a "top-ten" or "top-twenty" list.

I don't know, but in my opinion, 57th overall is not that bad.

I don't know if contracts mean anything, but according to this site Garner is signed on through the 2007-8 season.

Article Below:

TNT names low fee for 'Alias'

"Alias" has infiltrated TNT, which acquired syndicated rights to the ABC spy series for a relatively modest sum. Buena Vista Television Distribution sold "Alias" on a nonexclusive basis to the drama-heavy cable network for less than $200,000 per episode, sources said. The sum is well below not only Buena Vista's asking price six months ago, which approached $1 million, but less than the seven-figure bills TNT is footing for other primetime series, including CBS' "Without a Trace" and NBC's "Law & Order." "Alias" will begin airing five nights a week on TNT in fall 2005. Although the show is in its third season on ABC, TNT is believed to have rights to episodes until at least its fifth season. ABC and Touchstone Television, which produce the show, have "Alias" star Jennifer Garner under contract through the 2007-08 season (HR 8/1). (Andrew Wallenstein)

Back