How Many

i thought a full season for a show beginning in the fall (like alias) would usually end end of april or beginning of may... because its not a new episode every weekend especially around the holidays...

maybe im remembering it wrong though... :thinking:

wouldn't that be wonderful?! there shouldn't be any reruns either...don't we find out where syd's been by the middle of the season?

i know by the end of the season rambaldi and syds missing years will be wrapped up... so we will probably be learning alot more about soon :D

See there are some good things about living in Canada... you don'y get broadcasts such as the American Music Awards ^_^ and regular programs goes on still and Alias will still be on on Sunday

There are normally 22 episodes in one season for all tv shows in some cases like this year with The OC they aired in the summer, waited for feed back and Fox ordered another 21 episode which gave them... 26 or 29 i think... but usually 22. and this is not a spoiler please read the Spoiler Rules before posting..

moving....

Now most dramatic series on broadcast TV have 22 eps per season as mystery_chick said. Fox ordered extra for The OC (as she said) for a total of (I believe) 27. 24 has 24 for obvious reasons. Trek series tend to have 26. Cable series tend to have fewer, often 13 per season--Carnivale will end with 12 for its first season. So it varies.
;)

The pattern for most series on the big networks usually goes like this, with a few minor variations.

Late Sept. or early Oct. - Season Premiere
Oct. through Nov. - new episodes, especially during November sweeps
Dec. through mid Jan. - reruns/winter hiatus
Mid Jan. through March - new episodes, especially during February sweeps
Mid March through mid April (or thereabouts) - reruns
Mid April through late May - new episodes (May sweeps) and Season finale
June through Late Sept/Early Oct. - summer reruns

Of course, last year Alias skipped the spring re-run season and ended early- in April instead of May. It's nice to avoid the reruns, but it also means the summer hiatus is even loooooonger for us.

Back