How on earth did Syd manage to graduate?

Tink

Cadet
She hasn't been to school in months, and how on earth could she write a dissertation with all the rest of the stuff going on in her life? I've written a thesis, and there's no way I could have been out saving the Western world from baddies at the same time!

She didn't drop out cuz she graduates next week.... but I was wondering the same thing, even if she had been attending classes, she was so busy and you think they would have mentioned it at one point or another, something small like "Oh, I have a big paper due" or something?

This doesn't belong anywhere near the spoilers forum....

Moving...

Hrm...how did she? They are trying to make some sort of role model in the show. They don't exactly want collage drop outs in the CIA.

After last year, she didn't attend classes, she was finishing her dissertation. All she had to do was have that accepted by "the powers that be," i.e., the professors, and she was in. Seems like she didn't have time, but remember she's supposed to be a genius and all this was happening off-screen in her (voluminous, haha) spare time.
;)

Yep they kind of down play Sydneys smarts most of the time as the audience would not be able to emphasize with Sydney as well. Little parts her and there do rate her IQ at genius if not super genius and she is basically a photographic memory reader along with the ability to pick up new languages almost automatically which also helps her in her chosen field of English as she has probably absorbed the whole vocabulary in one reading. Yes there are people who can pick up languages like she does but they are quite rare. Sydney is basically one of those people who could have graduated collage at twelve level smart.

I loved the scene where they sent Marshell on a mission to crack advanced math problems in his head but they said it in a way that inferred Sydney could do the advanced math but just not in her head.

I think of Sydney and Marshal as equally smart but Sydney has applied her smarts to language, fighting ability, and spy field knowledge where Marshal has applied his to mechanical devices.

Athough often Sydney is unwise her brains are the reason she was the go to super agent for SD-6.

If Sydney had not spent her time as a secret she would be one of those rare people who get three or more doctorates at the same time.

Yes Sydney is one of the smartest people on the planet and I wonder how much Sloane had to do with that as he is so proud of her.

Milferd said:
I think of Sydney and Marshal as equally smart but Sydney has applied her smarts to language, fighting ability, and spy field knowledge where Marshal has applied his to mechanical devices.
Yeah, that's what I think too. It'd be weird to see a dorky syd on there, where she was the tech girl and Marshall was...a spy :blink:

aliasjgfanaticmv said:
Milferd said:
Yeah, that's what I think too. It'd be weird to see a dorky syd on there, where she was the tech girl and Marshall was...a spy :blink:
lol

iL0v3vAuGhN said:
aliasjgfanaticmv said:
Milferd said:
lol
no really, wouldn't you find it weird, if their roles were switched? And if Sydney was still the "chosen one"....it'd still be weird...I doubt Sydney would have had anything to do with Vaughn either...or find out about her mother...because it'd be marshall out in the field, not her. :blink:

actually I was just going over Alias: Declassified again, and it said that it's really hard for them to incorprate her domestic life with her double life...so I guess they just didn't have the time to put in her school life.

aliasjgfanaticmv said:
actually I was just going over Alias: Declassified again, and it said that it's really hard for them to incorprate her domestic life with her double life...so I guess they just didn't have the time to put in her school life.
I agree with that too, but it's very unfortunate they had to end it this way. Besides goodFrancie and pre-CIA Will, school was the only "normal" part of Sydney. Francie's gone, Will works for the CIA, and school is over. Now everything involves spies.

She can still go to school, but since alias is only an hour, watching her kick butt is more fun than watching her write a thesis!

which is probably why the writers made it like that. LMAO! I mean who wants to watch people learn anyway? We learn enough in school personally :lol:

hey I might not work for the CIA but I managed to have good enough attendance and get great grades at college while working 40 hours a week in one job and 16 hours in another and not taking a day off too, well except a few. It’s actually alias that inspired me to work extra and still manage college.

Back