Season 5 How should Alias deal with JG pregnancy?

OK. its official. jennifer is preggers (congrats, by the way!)- how should this be written into the

• Syd discovers she is pregnant after the accident?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • syd gets artificially impregnated during season 5?

• Syd gets pregnant later in season 5- they hide the bump?

• Syd will be in a coma after the accident and wakes up with bump?

• They completely hide the pregnancy- shoot over her bump?

• Total voters
Hey!

we all know jennifer is pregnant. here's a few of my ideas as to how this will be written into the show. let me know what you think! :D

She finds out after the accident. She could also get pregnant later as long as she is not artificially impregnated...that would be so stupid.

I don't know really how I want them to deal with it. Just as long as it has nothing 2 do with rembaldi I will be happy. I don't know if they are really going to write it into the story. I kind of don't want them 2 but if they do I would want her 2 find out after the accident ( Vaughn's kid obviously)

~Andrea

I really do not want this to be the last season of Alias, but if they write in the pregnancy I think it will be. I mean what do they do with the baby if they write it in? :thinking: Syd's character would quit....and to stay working as a spy is incongruent with her charachter and what she would want for her child. Also, I would not the pregnancy written in and then for her to lose the baby...that would be sad! (n) So my vote is skip it all together! :D

I don´t think it could be done, but there is no space for a baby
in Alias, not for me at least. I would really hate if they bring back
the Baby rambaldi stuff ( no good ! ).
So...I don´t know....I rather have a lot of JG close-ups and her staying at APO behind a desk or even been in a coma or something like that in a few episodes than any storyline where she is pregnant.

I don't think that artifical pregnancy would work, because what would keep her from getting an abortion? I could see it working with her having the baby and then some Rambaldi freak (maybe Lauren back from the dead) steals the baby....that could keep Alias going.

The only way artifical pregnancy would work would be if she were under the impression that it was Vaughn's child.

ok i personally think JJ won't use the pregnancy. i believe syd will be in a coma after the accident, filmed above her bump to hide the pregnancy. I feel there is no room for a baby in alias, and that the presence of one will be a time bomb over the longevity of the series. Maybe what vaughn has to say is so shocking to her that she leaves the CIA- at least for a while- effectively removing her from active duty (ie- no ass kicking) and allow JG time to have the baby. Meanwhile something big will be brewing at the CIA- maybe the covenent rear their ugly head again, or rambaldis real end game is made clear, so when JG is good and ready, syd can triumphantly return and save the world again! YAY!!

they should make an episode where they hunt down Ben Affleck and kill them, becaus some terrorist organization has succeeded in framing him for the murder of [insert good guy here].

As lame as it is to hide a pregnancy (some of us might remember how badly that was handled with 'CC' in The Nanny), I don't want an Alias baby, and I would rather Sydney wasn't pregnant.

Yeah, id prefer if they just left the baby out of it. If it is the last season... syd leaving due to being a mum really isnt my iea ending for my fave show, ya know what im saying?

I think they are going to write the pregnancy into the show. Vaughn could have amnesia after the accident and not remember who Sydney was and then Syd finds out that she is pregnant. Sounds a bit like a soap opera, but it could be interesting.

I'd like to see the baby in the storyline, I think it'd be the cutest adorable little baby the world has seen. :lol: I think it would be really sweet having it in the storyline.

The problem I see with them writing the pregnancy into
the storyline is that when they start filming in August (???)
JG will really be showing. All the sudden in the premiere she'll
have this big belly. She can't find out she's pregnant after the
accident and then have this huge belly in the next episode unless
they hid it for a month.
They may be able to explain this by having Syd or Vaughn be
in a coma and give the feeling like some time has passed.
that could explain her all the sudden having a belly.
I don't know...actually I'm not thrilled about the idea myself.
Seems it would take alot away from the show but it sounds like
their options may be limited.
guess will see soon enough.

jadeygirl said:
The problem I see with them writing the pregnancy into
the storyline is that when they start filming in August (???)
JG will really be showing.  All the sudden in the premiere she'll
have this big belly. She can't find out she's pregnant after the
accident and then have this huge belly in the next episode unless
they hid it for a month.
They may be able to explain this by having Syd or Vaughn be
in a coma and give the feeling like some time has passed.
that could explain her all the sudden having a belly.
I don't know...actually I'm not thrilled about the idea myself.
Seems it would take alot away from the show but it sounds like
their options may be limited.
guess will see soon enough.
[post="1412488"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Well, clearly there is no perfect solution to this problem. The fact is, you just don't have a pregnant super agent. I've also heard pure speculation that

they might give Syd a mentoring role, kind of like a handler, and bring in someone else to do the ass kicking, a younger, eager agent.

But of course, I can't stress enough there is no confirmation about taht either way, and this is pure speculation. Personally, I will be satisfied as long as they don't bring back the whole rambaldi pregnancy thing. It was tacky the first time, and I think it'll be tacky now. Just do something else. But I guess we'll have to see how they handle it.

They will probably include the baby into the show. I mean, what's ALIAS without Sydney going on Missions? Which she wont be doing if she's pregnant, even if they try and hide the bump. I think a baby will be cute!

Anyway.

Hasn't it been already announced that Jennifer Garner is coming back (with pregnancy in the show) and they are just replacing her with younger and, as someone said before, more eager, women to do the missions and all? And she's assigned as their handler or something like that ....

I voted for the first one, she discovers after the accident when they were admitted to the hospital and the doctor says "hey guess what, you're fine, just a few minor cuts but congrats you're pregnant".

Back