How to Play the Game

Now we know, Sydney can touch Vaughn but Vaughn can't touch Sydney. :angelic:

They do need to watch what they say if Sydney doesn't want Sark to know she's a double agent. Also, how could they go to a movie together? Wouldn't they be afraid of Sloane finding out?

Chris

I always like the questions part of the relationships. It's fun. Although Michael has to read and Sydney definitely has to watch movies. :P

aww, i love this fic, its awesome, she doesnt watch movies, i really think she has problems but she likes books, im with Vaughn. i cant stand books they dont entertain me in the slightest

-em </3

Great update. I'm glad that they are starting to get along better. :smiley:

I'm also glad that he plans on taking her to the movies when they get home. :smiley:

They finally worried about the cell being bugged. They already mentioned CIA.
They don't have to ask Sydney who she is or who she works for because Sark is the one that captured her.
With Sydney they only torture her to torture her. With Vaughn, they torture him to find out who he is, who he works for and why he was there.
But, they can bond by talking about mundane, off-the-wall things.

“How can you NOT watch movies?!”

She shrugged. “I dunno… I mean, I just don’t go out of my way to see them and I usually don’t have anyone to go with so…,” she shrugged again.

“When we get back to LA I’m taking you to a movie,” he told her firmly.
Awww yay "then im gonna ask u to marry me, okay?" :smiley:

“Isn’t it the same with girls watching guy-on-guy action?” Vaughn asked while nearly choking at the mere thought.

“Please, don’t make me throw up my stale bread,” she said with a soft gagging sound.

“So that’s a ‘no’?”

“That’s a hell no.”
BAHAHA SO agree its so not appealing hahaha What IS it with guys n lesbians?!!? hahaha

lurved it

Al..x

Chapter 5
For the next few days Sydney and Vaughn chatted practically nonstop about anything and everything not related to their work at the CIA. Their conversations ranged from their favorite foods to childhood memories to funny endeavors during their adult lives. In addition to story swapping, they found out basic facts about themselves such as age (twenty-seven for her; thirty for him) and general physical descriptions since they were still unable to see each other.

On top of their daily conversations, their sleeping habits had changed as well. Instead of sleeping in their separate corners of the room, they slept with their bodies close together, warming each other up in their slightly chilly cell. Sydney even started waking up with her head nestled in between Vaughn’s shoulder and his head resting atop hers. By the time a week had passed, Sydney was beginning to feel like she knew Vaughn better than she had ever known anyone and that scared her.

For starters, she was revealing personal details to someone she had barely known two weeks and it wasn’t even like they knew each other in any sort of normal sense of the word. They were trapped together twenty-four hours a day in a pitch black room. Then again, maybe that was the exact reason she felt as though she knew him because they had nothing to do but get to know each other… or sleep. Still, it wasn’t like she really knew him. She had never even seen his face, thus enabling her to look into his eyes.

To her, looking into a man’s eyes was essential in the beginning stages of a relationship. A person’s eyes were a portal into a person’s soul and their deepest, innermost feelings. She fully believed that if the eyes were looked into in a certain way nothing could be hidden and all would be revealed – all intentions good or bad; all feelings; all wishes; all desires. With Vaughn she was unable to do that and thus reserved judgment.

On the complete other hand, even if she had been able to look into Vaughn’s eyes, regarding him as a close friend or – god forbid – something more, still would have made her hesitant especially knowing he was an agent. If there was one true lesson her disastrous relationship with her SD-6 partner years prior had taught her was that dating other agents, especially partners did not work. This was why she tried to maintain a professional distance from all her colleges at SD-6 even before she found out the truth. It was simply better for her that way.

Still, with all her logic and brain power telling her to stop, she couldn’t deny the fact that Michael Vaughn had her laughing. Not just chuckling, either, full on hysterical laughing with tears running down her cheeks. This would have been a significant accomplishment in any normal social situation, but sitting in a chilly, damp cell in the pitch black while handcuffed? That had to be some sort of miracle. She was actually having a good time. This boggled her mind. How could she have been having a good time while being held captive? Sure, the brief break in the torture helped but, either way, she was just enjoying being around him and that’s what really scared her.

As Sydney was mulling over these thoughts in her mind one afternoon, she was torn from them by their cell door crashing open and four large men stepping inside. The entire week Sydney and Michael had been conversing not one of them had been dragged away to be beaten or interrogated, but it seemed all that was about to change. Two of the men shoved a bag over Sydney’s head, blindfolding her and dragging her off while the other two men did the same to Vaughn. There was so much scuffling and turning around and upside down that Sydney wasn’t quite sure where she was going or what end was up. Finally, she was set down rather harshly in a chair and strapped to it while her blindfold remained atop her head.

She tried to listen as hard as she could to decipher the sounds she was hearing. It sounded almost as though someone was being handcuffed to something, maybe, she wasn’t sure. There were lots of high pitched sounds coming from electronic machines though, that much she knew. As she was listening to the sounds a suave voice filtered through the room; she recognized it from somewhere, yet couldn’t place it.

“Miss Bristow I hear you’ve been making friends with your cellmate. Perhaps that will come to our advantage today… hmm? Tell me, Miss Bristow, where is The Shield located?” the male voice asked.

“You already have it,” Sydney snapped.

“No, no you see I have the plans for it. There was a prototype constructed and I want to know where it is. Where is it?”

“Go to hell,” Sydney responded. She, of course, had absolutely no idea where the prototype was located, but she certainly wasn’t going to let that on, especially if it was her leverage.

“Pity…,” the man sighed. Before he had even let out his whole sigh, though, the room was filed with an electric noise followed closely by a bloodcurdling sickening scream from Vaughn.

“What are you doing to him!?” Sydney demanded, but from the sounds she was hearing and the smell of metal she knew it could only be one thing: electroshock.

The electric noise stopped just as suddenly as it had started, but Vaughn could still be heard moaning. “Why don’t you see for yourself,” the cool male voice said. He stood behind Sydney and pulled off her blindfold. Out of the corner of her eye she could see a tan, muscular arm with a large tattoo high on the shoulder. That was all of him she could see, but she knew it was Vaughn.

Just as she was trying to get a view of the man behind her, the electric noise started again and Sydney could see Vaughn’s arm convulsing violently. Tears burned in her eyes at the sound of him screaming in such agonizing pain. She had only been a victim of one short electroshock, but that was enough for her to know she never wanted to experience it again. “No stop,” she said, her voice weakened by tears.

The electroshock stopped at the sound of her voice. “So tell me Sydney… where is the Shield?” he asked. Sydney bit her lip, trying to formulate a lie on the fly but before she could answer Vaughn’s electroshock started once more.

“NO STOP!! STOP! Please!” she begged. “It’s in Los Angeles… a residential location… basement,” she managed.

“Good, very good,” the cool voice said as Vaughn’s electroshock ceased. Then, he crammed the hood back down over Sydney’s head before asking, “Address?”

Sydney gave the address with a slight sob before she was roughly untied from her chair and carried back to her cell. Once there, she waited for an agonizing hour, or so it seemed, before Vaughn was dumped back into their cell, his body twitching with occasional tremors.

“Oh my god Vaughn, I’m sorry,” Sydney sniffed as she crouched down beside him.

“’snot…fault…,” he managed, though his jaw was trembling so badly it was difficult for him to speak.

“Come here, come on,” she said as she lifted his body off the ground and pulled it towards her, which was very difficult since he wasn’t helping at all and her hands were still handcuffed together. His body was still shaking occasionally so Sydney looped her handcuffed hands over his head so that she was hugging him from behind. She pulled his body close to hers and tried to brush the sweat from his face and neck using her shirt.

“Syd…,” he managed to croak as he brought a limp hand up to cover hers.

“Shh, just try to relax,” she said in a soothing voice. She nuzzled her face into his hair and kissed the crown of his head while saying, “Just relax….just relax... you’re going to be okay…”

she should givr likr her fathers address so he can save her

my poor lil vaughn
its good syds there for COMFORT
hehe should get .....intrestin

“Shh, just try to relax,” she said in a soothing voice. She nuzzled her face into his hair and kissed the crown of his head while saying, “Just relax….just relax... you’re going to be okay…”
:cry: awww thats so sad :cry:

by the way..

& while im a fan of reading.. just for the record, ur fics are much better than any book ive ever read

I think all the fluffiness in your other fics made you want to write something really angsty with a lot of bad stuff happening. And you're dumping all these accumulations on Vaughn in this fic.
I'm not complaining, I like angst. :lol:

awwww the end was so cute.

where did she sent them in LA? to sloane's house? or sd-6?? LOL LOL.

and who doesn't like reading books, honestly? books are fantastic!!!

Back