Sci-Fi How Would Aliens And Humans Mate??? Any Ideas?

Unicron

Cadet
Whenever I talk with friends about SCI FI, the number one thing that comes up, especially with the women, is the possibility if mating with an alien. My question is: WHY dont mainstream films explore this and only hint at it? Is there something inherently threatening about it? Any thoughts?

-I know that some sites, especially ALIEN-SEX.ORG explore this, with detailed files and pictures on each race of alien and how they go about it but why not movies???????? I mean, who hasn't wondered about the races seen in shows like FARSCAPE, STAR TREK, STAR WARS, etc.??? I just dont get it. Is this some sort of morality thing, some vestige of the abrahamic religions view of morality? I justh=cant seem to get my head around this.... Any ideas?

Sex has come up in a number of works over the years and, if I recall correctly, on Star Trek it was even dealt with in various forms (such as TNG with an alternate reality Worf being married with kids to Deanna Troi) when it came time for offspring.

I don't think the issue is being avoided but rather it isn't a high priority topic for most TV shows & movies.

Hmm, I remember, in Star Wars The Clone Wars, an episode, when Captain Rex found a ex-clone trooper, who have made family together with Twi'lek, and they had childrens. Can't say which season and episode it is, just remember, that such series still exist.

And, I agree with Kevin here. I seen few documental films, where a strange, yet, possible, theory, that...
Gray alien + Ape = Current Human. This could rise some questions, and thoughts, but still, such things, thankfully, aren't much problem for our community.

IF the aliens are biologically similar to human then chances are the mating would be similar to human mating. Where it may get interesting is if say we are dealing with an advanced AI {what we call artificial intelligence} type species that is more machine like than humanoids - then the mating might be an entirely different game - same could be said if the species were more in the form of energy type entities that do not exist in a biological material form. The AIs might mate by accessing each others memory banks {sounds exciting doesn't it?} and the energy type entities might sort of just unify and create an instant new entity - probably too exciting for humans - mind blowing to say the least! Now whether humans could mate with AIs or energy beings is a matter of speculation - might be a theme for a sci-fi short story or novel?

Now whether humans could mate with AIs or energy beings is a matter of speculation - might be a theme for a sci-fi short story or novel?
1977's Demon Seed, based on a Deen Koontz novel, had an AI forcibly impregnate a woman after trapping her in her own home.

It is a very dark movie with some disturbing scenes, which is to be expected for a movie based on a work known for his horror & not techno stories. The subject matter maybe too much for some but along the way it takes a look at what happens when man develops an AI that has no interest in being a simple tool to be used.

Susan Harris is alone in the house when, suddenly, doors lock, windows slam shut and the phone stops working. Susan is trapped by an intruder - but this is no ordinary thug. Instead, the intruder is a computer named Proteus, an artificial brain that has learned to reason. And to terrorize. In "one of her finest, most vulnerable performances" (Danny Peary, Guide for the Film Fanatic), Julie Christie plays Susan in this taut techno-thriller based on the Dean Koontz novel. Packed with suspense, surprise and special effects, Demon Seed follows Susan's desperate attempts to outmaneuver and outthink her captor. Then Susan learns what Proteus wants: its own child, conceived in her womb and destined for domination.

In Star Trek especially they're all humanoids... 2 arms, 2 legs, 2 eyes, 5 fingers, 1 nose, etc... It stands to reason they all have similar sex organs.

Worf has talked about human women being too fragile to mate with a Klingon but that was likely meant that Klingon foreplay is rough, not that the actual sex act is all that different. We know Klingons and Humans can produce children.

I think in the real world however if we are talking about Grey aliens or whatever other species may be abducting us- I think there is virtually zero chance of being about to procreate via sex- even if they have similar organs. Virtually no species on this planet can procreate with another species... Lions and tigers, horses and donkeys being the popular exceptions. Its unfortunate to think but I'm sure somewhere in the word people have raped or been raped by monkeys and apes and we know of no children born of such encounters. Thankfully.

Consider this: Have you ever thought about how mating via sexual reproduction with two sexes started? If you follow concepts like evolution then the development of biological life from single cell to multiple cells it is simple and logical - BUT who created and/or thought of sex? - Sexual reproduction to create new species through genealogy sounds like a concept well thought out - It would not have happened by accident in the evolutionary paradigm. What I'm saying is we are in fact being bred by aliens {an unknown species or mind}. We are part of an experimental breeding program which uses sex and genealogy to create new and advancing life forms. I know this may sound more like speculative philosophy than sci-fi but IMO good sci-fi should use speculative science and philosophy to develop stories.

Consider this: Have you ever thought about how mating via sexual reproduction with two sexes started? If you follow concepts like evolution then the development of biological life from single cell to multiple cells it is simple and logical - BUT who created and/or thought of sex? - Sexual reproduction to create new species through genealogy sounds like a concept well thought out - It would not have happened by accident in the evolutionary paradigm. What I'm saying is we are in fact being bred by aliens {an unknown species or mind}. We are part of an experimental breeding program which uses sex and genealogy to create new and advancing life forms. I know this may sound more like speculative philosophy than sci-fi but IMO good sci-fi should use speculative science and philosophy to develop stories.

Congratulations, you just disproved Evolution.

there have been a few movies/shows that had the idea of sex between races done Star Trek, the clone wars with the ex-clone trooper married, star quest and the list goes on.

Congratulations, you just disproved Evolution.
I don't think Evolution was ever 'proven' in the first place - It just describes something that appears to be happening - And except for 'survival of the fittest' does not describe why or where it is going. Now if we were part of some kind of genetic experiment by aliens that would have more reason to it than random chance evolution without rhyme or reason.

'We have plans for you humanoids and they will become apparent as you evolve.'
-AlienView

From a scientific standpoint there are a lot of barriers to alien/human reproduction. Certainly it should be feasibly possible to engage in sexually gratifying behaviour with another species, male orang-utans often attempt to rape human females, and certainly males tend to be able to poke their pokey bits in any suitably shaped hole, but unless the DNA of the two species is almost identical, as in tigers and lions, or horses and donkeys.

As a point of interest, scientists recently discovered a new type of sex organ. It involves the females penetrating the males to collect the DNA as opposed to the males inserting it into the female. It's possible the 'Alien Probing' urban legend isn't entirely without merit.

URG, pet peeve:

I don't think Evolution was ever 'proven' in the first place - It just describes something that appears to be happening - And except for 'survival of the fittest' does not describe why or where it is going. Now if we were part of some kind of genetic experiment by aliens that would have more reason to it than random chance evolution without rhyme or reason.

'We have plans for you humanoids and they will become apparent as you evolve.'
-AlienView

1: Evolution has been proven. It is repeatedly provable. It is a fact.
2: There is no 'Why' or 'Where it is going' to evolution. It is just a natural process.
2a: Related, evolution isn't random at all. Traits that survive long enough to breed are passed down, those that don't become extinct. This doesn't mean that there's a reason to it.

I agree Evolution has been proven there is no doubt as far as sci-fi there needs to be a true scientific backing to movies/shows like the Star Trek movie where the producer wanted to show the way space really is with no sound although an entire movie or show like that wouldn't work it did give the audience an idea of how cold and lifeless space is.

As for evolution evolving that is also very true with each new generation we can see this be it human or animal. It has also been proven that DNA genes that aren't used are dorment but they can also be reactivated which has been done in chickens scientist have reactivated the gene that made a tail instead of feathers be it was a short one but a tail none the less.

I'm not saying Evolution isn't happening - we see it all the time. But it is a theory that lacks a full explanation,
and/or direction - to evolve implies that life is evolving in a direction - that direction has never been given to give evolution a goal or direction. Who sets goals for evolution, just random chance and survival of the fittest?
I keep imagining if there are advanced alien races out there, they have overcome random chance and survival of the fittest and have taken control of their evolving direction. Can you see a sci-fi movie or series called Masters of Evolution?

Looks like Douglas Adams, of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy fame, was thinking about the subject as well.

A biography of Adams is being worked on that will also include unpublished works that he was working on but never either finished or released. After his death in 2001 he left many of his writings to St. John's College which is where the unpublished works were found. The works were not announced before because he was a well known fan of technology and, after his death, his digital works were reviewed but not his collection of typewritten works, handwritten journals, and various other writings which were assumed to be have been in the digital collection. :writing:

Among the unpublished works is a draft of Life, The Universe and Everything that includes a section on "Inter-Species Sex".

The extracts that will be published in the biography are described as often very rough ideas but, still, it looks like there is a chance to see what the man who wrote the guide to the galaxy has to say about the subject.

Of course if your a believer in alien abductions, the mating is going on right now. As the mythology goes {real to those people who have had the experienced it} they abduct people {usually in their sleep} bring them aboard the ship {alien craft} and use artificial insemination to produce alien/human hybrids. And if you really believe it that is how ancient astronauts did it with Neanderthal Man and turned them into current model humans {fact is they have discovered that modern man has some Neanderthal genes}. Ready to see the new version of the humanoid?

Back