Hunter

Title: Hunter
Author: me
Rating: PG-13?
Ship: S/V, W/N, J/I and Tom and Will will be in here too.
Summary: post 5.1 we all know Vaughn’s not dead this is my take on it.

Chapter One

She was staring out the window for about 15 minutes now. Wiess was suppose to be here 5 minutes ago. “Well I guess it’s not that bad.” Sydney said to herself as she turned on her heal and went to check on her son in the nursery. She always wanted this normalness and now that she had it she couldn’t help but feel bored every time he went down for a nap. What was she suppose to do, knit?

She smiled as she gazed at her son, Michael Hunter, sleeping peacefully. He was literally the last thing she expected to come out of her well life. She was completely and utterly shocked when the doctor announced that she was having a boy. It wasn’t that she didn’t want to have a little boy running eating everything he could find and playing with bugs and such. It was that she had planned on Isabelle, Vaughn on some level planned on having Isabelle. But like anything else in Sydney’s life it never came a planned. So when she left this weekend to visit Vaughn’s mother in France, Eric and Nadia would be painting the nursery from a powder pink to a powder blue.

A knock came at the door and she checked to make sure the baby monitor was on before answering it. She smiled as she was greeted by her best friend and sister. It had been almost six months since they had seen her and her son last.

“Hey!” Nadia exclaimed as she passed Eric and hugged her sister.

“Hey, I’m so happy to see you.” Sydney said as she hugged her then moved to Eric.

“So where is the little bugger?” Eric asked as he looked around the room searching for his nephew slash godson.

“He’s sleeping.” Sydney said as she gently closed the door behind them and led them into the house.

“Wow, everything is the same.” Nadia said as she looked around doing a full 360. “except my room is now a nursery.”

“Well I wasn’t going to put him in the attic.” Sydney said as she gave an honest smile towards her sister.

“It’s not like he wouldn’t fit.” Eric said jokingly as he examined the pictures on the mantel. Stopping at the one of Michael in his high chair scrunching his nose at the sight of the camera his mother was holding at him. “Well he has your nose.” Eric said mocking the picture and scrunching his nose.

“Thank god.” Nadia said as she made herself comfortable on the couch as Eric sat down next to her and Sydney to her left in the recliner. She smiled ear to ear when she heard the little cry coming from the baby monitor. “Can I get him please?”

“Sure go ahead.” Sydney said sweetly as she watched Nadia walk down the hall to the nursery where her son was waiting.

“So how are you really?” Eric asked as he brushed lint off his jacket then made eye contact with her.

“I could only be at my best when Vaughn was around, but now I have next closest thing to Vaughn.” Sydney said as she gave a sad smile.

“Syd, you’ve had the closest thing to Vaughn for a long while, you have his heart.” Eric said as he returned her smile and gave and even brighter one at the sight of Michael in Nadia’s arms coming down the hall. “Let me have him.” Eric said as he took the little boy in his arms.

The piercing green eyed, blonde haired seven month old examined Eric face closely. He ran his little finger down his cheek and felt the stubble and scrunched his nose exactly like he did in the picture. He gave Eric a disapproving look at he held his arms out to his mother.

“Someone’s playing favorites.” Eric said as he gently handed Michael to his mother. Still relatively close to Sydney he ran his hand over his blonde hair and smiled at Sydney. “He looks exactly like him.”

“Hm…more and more everyday.” Sydney said as she ran her finger along Michael’s cheek and brought him into the kitchen to get a bottle. “You wanna feed him.?”

“O my gosh yes.” Nadia said as she took Michael in her arms and cradled him as she feed him and gazed into his eyes as he did to her. Breaking eye contact she looked at Sydney. “It’s like having a staring contest with Vaughn.”

Sydney laughed and turned her back to Nadia and looked at Eric. “looks like you have a problem.” Eric shoot her an evil look as she walked past him to put the cap on the bottle in the dishwasher.

“Syd, what do you call him? Michael, Mike, Mikey?” Nadia asked as she finished feeding him and laid him gently in his bouncer and watched as he swatted at the eeuore hanging and giggled.

“Hunter.” Sydney said as she watched her son’s attention switch to her from eeuore and smiled at the confused looks on Eric and Nadia’s faces. “I never liked to name Michael so I call him by his middle name.”

“How many times to you call Vaughn Michael?” Eric asked tredding thin water with the question as he pulled a box out of his suitcase which they had brought in while Nadia feed Hunter.

“Six?” Sydney said as she pondered it. “I don’t know.”

“Well, I’ve got a present for Hunter.” Eric said as he gave Sydney the box.

Sydney took the box and opened it removing the wrapping paper and setting to the side as she opened the top and removed the tissue paper. She gasped at what she saw and covered her mouth. It was a pale blue blanket with a teddy bear playing hockey and ‘Daddy’s little hockey player’ written underneath. She took it out of the box and smiled at its size Hunter could use it until he was about six. Then something in the corner caught her eye. ‘Michael Hunter’ was written in the lower left hand corner.

“Eric it’s wonderful.” Sydney said as she hugged him and cried into his shoulder.

“Vaughn wanted his child to have he told me so about I dunno two years ago.” Eric said as he continued to hug her but kept his eyes on Hunter playing happily.

~Flashback~

“So…” Eric said as he blocked another one of Vaughn’s shoots.

“So what?” he asked as he shoot again.

“One thing a material possession you want your kid to have.” Eric said as he blocked his next shoot.

“Where did you come up with this?” Vaughn asked shooting again and missing the net completely.

“My mother has been badgering me for grandchildren again and she asked me so I’m asking you.” Eric explained taking a drink of the water behind him.

“I dunno.” He said as he skated around the puck for a little bit thinking. “A blanket.” He said shooting the puck and watching it whiz right by Eric.

“A blanket? Wow I’ve got like ten of those that’s not special.” Eric said as Vaughn lined up for another shoot.

“Well you didn’t let me finish.” Vaughn said shooting the puck hitting Eric square in the leg.

“Well then please go on.” Eric said in a sarcastic voice.

“Well of course blue or pink considering whether it’s a boy or a girl. Then’d you have a teddy bear in the center playing hockey of course.” Vaughn said as he shot the puck catching Eric off guard. “Have Daddy’s little hockey player written underneath with of course the baby’s name in the corner.”

“Do you stay up at night and think of this?” Eric asked as he gaped at Vaughn. “Cute idea of course, but your girlfriend should be the one coming up with answers like that.”

“Yeah? Well at least I have a girlfriend to have kids with.” Vaughn said as he skated around the goal taunting Eric.

“You’re funny…not.” Eric said as Vaughn resumed his position by the puck. “So you have been thinking about this?”

“When you date a girl as beautiful as Sydney, it’s kinda hard not to.” Vaughn said shooting the puck and scoring.

~End Flashback~

Chapter Two

Sydney looked over and watched her son stare out the window of the plane in awe. He was in his car seat with his blanket wrapped around him, completely content. He must’ve felt her gaze on him so he turned and gave her a smile that melted her heart. The same smile his father used to give to her. Turning his attention back to the window he giggled as they flew through clouds. She smiled and kissed his fine blonde hair.

~Flashback~

“Do you really hate the window seat that much?” Vaughn asked as he took the seat next to the window. Sydney close behind him taking the middle seat.

“Yes, why is that so hard for you to believe?” she smiled through her embarrassment. He looked at her and laughed.

“I didn’t think the great Sydney Bristow was afraid of anything.” He said softly as he kissed her. “And you never have to be embarrassed around me, I love you no matter what.” He whispered in her ear as he pulled away from her.

“Well that is sweet and I love you too but I hate heights. She said as she bumped his arm off the armrest. He turned from looking at the window and smiled at her giving her a 'whatever' look.

~End Flashback~

“He’s adorable.” Someone cooed at Hunter bringing her out of her daze.

“Thank you.” Sydney said with a kind smile.

“Is he adopted?” she asked politely catching Sydney off guard.

“No, he just looks a lot like his father.” Sydney told her and waited for the next crazy question out of her mouth.

“Well your husband must be very handsome.” She said with an honest smile. Sydney was like a deer in the headlights she didn’t know what to say it had caught her off guard. When she looked back the woman was gone.

‘That’s the second person who asked me if he was adopted.’ Sydney thought to herself as she once again gazed at Hunter. “Hunter.” She said as she watched him turn his head and look at her with his shinning green eyes. “Why does everyone think you’re adopted?” she asked him knowing he would listen but never give an answer. “Hm..?” she continued as she tickled his stomach and laughed at his little giggles.

“Please prepare for landing.” A voice came of the speaker. Sydney pulled away from Hunter and made sure he was secured in his seat before fastening her seatbelt.

~A few hours later~

“Let me help you with those dear.” Mrs. Vaughn said as she took a duffle bag off Sydney’s shoulder and led her to where the car was waiting.

“Thank you.” Sydney said as she put Hunter’s car seat in the car and strapped it in before strapping him in. Closing the door she put the rest of her luggage in the trunk and took a seat on the passenger’s side of the car. “So how have you been?”

“I’m getting by, how about you?” she asked as she pulled out of the airport.

“He helps me a lot, but he reminds me so much of what I lost also.” Sydney said as she looked back at Hunter who was asleep. For some reason a car ride always did that to him.

“What do you call him? Michael or Hunter?” she asked as she kept her eyes on the road.

“Hunter, no offence but I never really liked the name Michael.” Sydney said as she looked out the window.

“Neither do I, I assume you know about what Michael’s real name is?” she asked and looked over to see Sydney nod. “Well I picked out the name André and Bill fought me on it, so we made a deal if we ever had another boy his name would be Michael…well after 18 months I lost and André became Michael. André didn’t really suit him anyway.”

“No, well I didn’t call him Michael either.” Sydney said with a laugh. “I dunno why I named him that I guess I knew that Vaughn would’ve wanted it.”

“Yeah.” She said as the drove the rest of the way in silence.

~Vaughn Household (late at night)~

Vaughn had been staring at the same computer; same page for about a month now and still couldn’t figure it out. His mother was also a smart woman and couldn’t even imagine guessing what it meant. Rolling his eyes he stood up from the chair and laid down on the bed and stared at the picture of Sydney and (Michael) Hunter. He should have stayed and been with her as long as he could instead of agreeing to Marshal’s stupid plan. He wanted to be able to cuddle his son, to rock him to sleep; he wanted to be able to call Sydney his wife.

He heard his mother’s voice in the hallway talking about a dress or something and he rolled his eyes again this was going to be a very hard week. He was supposed to stay in the same house as Sydney and his son and not let them know he was still alive.

Sydney stopped to look at the pictures of Vaughn sprawled across the mantel with one of Hunter in the middle. “You can barely tell them apart.” Sydney said as she set hunter down on a blanket on the floor he had awoken after a loud clap of thunder as soon as the car had stopped.

“Yeah, many people think I make it up that I have a grandson.” She said as she handed Sydney a cup of tea.

“You have three grand-daughters right?” Sydney asked curiously she knew Vaughn had a brother and a sister and they had kids but she could never remember their names.

“Yup. And another one on the way.” She smiled brightly as any grandmother would do. “Michael was always the rebel in some ways if Luc and Eve wanted blue Michael wanted red. But I’m glad how it came out this time someone to carry on the Vaughn name.”

“Yeah, I would’ve been happy either way though.” Sydney said as she took her bags in her arms. “Where can I put my stuff?”

“The east wing second room on your right.” She said as she took Hunter in her arms.

“Okay, I’ll be back in like 10 minutes.” Sydney said. “I’m gonna un pack and everything while he’s content.”

“Ok darling take your time.” She said “You should take a shower while you have to time too.”

“Do you mind?” Sydney asked

“Not at all.” She said as she went in to the kitchen to get Hunter a bottle.

“Okay.” She said as she headed towards the staircases that lead to the east wing.

Mrs. Vaughn took the bottle and brought a sleepy eyed Hunter back to the sitting area and fed him his bottle. She smiled as she heard the door to where Michael was staying creak open.

“I hate lying to her, Michael.” She said not even turning to look at him. She knew he had heard the whole conversation and that he wasn’t even interested in talking to her.

“Join the club.” Vaughn said as he starting walking into the kitchen but tripped on something. Stopping he unraveled what was around his feet. Holding the blanket up in front of him he gave a week smile. Setting the blanket down on the table he headed towards the kitchen.

“You’re not even going to say hi?” she asked as she kept her glare on him setting the finished bottle down. “Not even to your own son?”

Vaughn’s head turned and looked at her from his spot in the kitchen, he didn’t even look at his mother because he knew she was disappointed in him, he didn’t even realize she was holding his son. Vaughn set the glass down and walked over to her. Hunter had almost fallen asleep his eyes were fighting to stay open.

“Hi.” Vaughn said as he kissed his fine blonde hair and took him from his mother gently. He ran his finger along his cheek making his eyes open again and connect with Vaughn’s. “I’m your daddy.” He said as he kissed his nose and just held him close as rocked him to sleep.

I love that!!! am i first if so ROCK ON!!! VAughn is ALIVE!!! yeAH!! HE MET HIS SON TOO!!! NOW HE NEEDS TO TELL SYD HE IS ALIVE!!!!!! PM ME WHEN YOU UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

I love this story!! I hope it turns out to be true on the show!!! Vaughn has to be alive!!! You have to have faith!! Please pm when you update!! Thanks!!!

Chapter Three

She shivered as she stepped out of the shower. It was like he was here. She could feel his presence all around her, but she knew it couldn’t be possible. She figured it was because this is where he lived, where he turned into the man she loved.

Slipping on an old tee-shirt and a pair of worn-out pajama bottoms she headed back to the great room. Stopping along her way to look at all the pictures that were hung all through out the hallway of the family. She stood at the top of the stairs and turned around and looked at the table with a picture on it and plants around that. Taking the picture in her hands she gave it a curious look. ‘Why is there a picture of Vaughn and I here?’ she asked herself as she set it down and walked down the stairs towards the great room.

After Vaughn reluctantly laid Hunter in his bouncer, that his mother set up while he was holding him, he headed back to his room in the west wing. He hated where he was at, he hated Sydney thought he was dead among other people, he hated that today was the first time he held his son and he was seven months old. Having an urge to throw something he picked up some stupid vase and threw it at his pillow. He knew if it the wall everyone would be in here faster then he could blink. Picking up the phone from his desk he called Marshal.

~L.A.~

“Hey hunny.” Marshal said as he picked up his phone and tried to hide from Jack’s intimidating glare.

“Marshal, I can’t do this anymore.” Vaughn said into the phone. “I can’t be away from them any longer.”

“The guests are here? They came early.” Marshal said as he typed something in the computer and let Jack read it as he scooted away on his rolling chair.

“I have to tell her, I can’t be in the same house with them and not let them know I’m alive, I can’t be around her without-.” Vaughn was cut off by Marshal.

“Ok, Jack left.” Marshal said as he wheeled back over to the computer and took a file out from under the key board. “So I got a new lead, I think you should investigate and it’ll get you away from Sydney so you don’t screw everything up and if you do that you will actually die.”

Vaughn rolled his eyes it was like talking to his mother but Marshal had a different voice. He could leave and go on this stupid trip that probably wouldn’t get him anywhere or it might solve this whole stupid issue and he could go home to Sydney and his son.
“Vaughn?” Marshal asked trying to get an answer out of him, then darting his eyes around to make sure no one heard.

“I held him today you know.” Vaughn said avoiding the question.

“Hunter?” Marshal asked lost in the chaos of the office building and Vaughn’s bluntness.

“No, Michael.” Vaughn said in all seriousness.

Marshal itched behind his ear in confusion. “Who’s Michael?”

“My son.” Vaughn said very close to losing his patience.

“Hunter.”

“Michael.”

“No, Hunter is his middle name. That’s what everyone calls him.” Marshal said finally understanding what Vaughn was talking about. “About the mission.”

“Why?” Vaughn asked curiously.

“Why, what?” Marshal asked confused again.

“Why do they call him Hunter?” Vaughn asked as if Marshal was stone stupid.

“I dunno, it was hard to call him Michael?” Marshal said more in the question form. “About the mission!”

“Yeah, I’ll go.” Vaughn said as he waited for Marshal to fill him in on the details.

~Great Room~

“Hey.” Sydney said as she sat down next to Mrs. Vaughn who was watching Hunter sleep. Sydney found herself doing that a lot; he was so peaceful and perfect.

“I used to do the same thing when Michael was little.” She said as she sipped her tea. “He was just always so content and happy.”

“Even when he got older.” Sydney added in randomly.

“Amazing how fast they grow up.” She said as she took another sip. “Well I should be getting to bed.”

“Me too.” Sydney said as she stood up and gently picked Hunter up and cradled him in her arms. “Good night.” She said and got the same in return as she walked back to her bedroom.

~Later at Night~

“Here goes nothing.” Vaughn said as he opened the door to the guest room where Sydney and Hunter were staying. He quietly stood next to her bed and watched her sleep before he turned and focused his attention on the sleeping baby. He bent down over the crib and placed a kiss on his forehead. “I love you.” He said as he pulled away and walked back to where Sydney was sleeping.

“Vaughn.”

FIRST!!!!
omg that was sooooooooo good
i can't believe jack doesn't know
i'm surprised
man why can't he just tell her!!!
great chap
update soon

AHHH!! It better be Sydney!!!! How could you leave us like that?? Poor Vaughn...I feel bad for him...they're in the same house together yet she can't even know he's alive. Well I think she does now... I can't wait for the next chapter!!! :P please make it soon...like tomorrow maybe?? think about it...

lee

Chapter Four
Vaughn POV
“Vaughn.” I heard her mumble as she rolled over to where I should have be laying. I watched as she subconsciously felt around the bed for me. I would give anything to just lay down behind her and wrap my arms securely around her and make sure she knew how much I love her.

I turned and watched my son for another minute or five, I didn’t really care about missing some stupid plane there will be other ones, but Hunter will never be this age again and I hate that I’m missing it. I meant down and kissed his chubby cheek, my stuble must’ve woken him up. I watched as he looked around the confused, he recognized the dark and that he shouldn’t be up, but what hurt the most was that he didn’t recognize me. I traced my finger along his cheek before pulling the blanket back around him and leaving the room.

Heading towards the stairs I stopped to look at the picture that my mother had place on the table. It was probably my favorite picture of the two of us. Grasping it in my hand as I let myself remember a better time.

~Flashback~

Weiss is not my favorite person right now. I had planned a romantic weekend for Syd and I, the most important part being Syd and I; but of course Weiss came up with this whole idea that he and Nadia needed to show Syd and I how to have a ‘good time’. I wanted to slap him right on the spot. I settled for a glare that he received and just gave me a smirk back.

So now I’m sitting here squashed in a backseat of some jeep with Weiss practically on my lap. I looked over at Syd, she had he head rested against the window and was sleeping as peacefully as she could.

“Hey buddy we’re here.” Weiss said to me with that smart ass smirk of his.

“Finally.” I mumble under my breath as I look over to see Nadia shaking Sydney awake. I stepped out of the car and stretched my legs then helped Sydney out while I made Weiss get the luggage. Which of course didn’t last long when he dumped it all on me, so he could check in.

Of course we were all staying in the same room on top of that Nadia and Weiss had created a rule where no sex was allowed in the room while the other couple was in there. So after we got settled in Sydney was already asleep taking up the whole bed. I walked over and kissed her forehead. “Give me some room Syd.” I knew she was awake by the way her breathing changed.

“Why?” she mumbled with her eyes still closed.

“Because I would like to sleep tonight too.” I said kindly as I waited for her to roll over which she did. I climbed in behind and cringed as she put her freezing cold feet on my legs to warm them up. She liked to do that because it made her warmer and it sent a shiver down my spine. “cute.” I said as I kissed the back of her neck before rolling over and wrapping my arms around her and falling asleep.

“Get up.” I heard Weiss say as he shacks my shoulder. I unraveled myself from Syd and looked over at him.

“Do you not understand the point of a vacation?” I said with sarcasm laced through my voice.

“I do.” He said back to me bluntly.

“Obviously not.” I said and threw the comforter off the bed waking Syd up as I did so.

“Hey.” She said as she sat up.

“Mommy says we have to get up.” I said with a smile as I kissed her nose. “Why are we getting up again?”

“We’re going sailing.” Nadia said from the bathroom entrance. I rolled my eyes and fell back on the bed.

So now I’m sitting on a boat with some guy behind me rambling about the significance of a booie. Sydney was sitting up towards the front of the boat, while Nadia and Weiss made out. I smirked and got the blanket I was sitting on and wrapped it around my back. I walked up to Syd and sat behind her wrapping some of the blanket around her.

“Better?” I ask as she leans back into my chest.

“Much.” She said as she looked up at me and smiled before kissing me teasingly. I just gazed into her eyes while she did the same to me.

“Hey.” Weiss said as we both looked at him unaware of the camera in his hand. “That’s gonna be a good one.”

“I want a copy.” Syd joked.

~End Flashback~

I set the picture down and headed down the stairs. I saw my mother’s figure and rolled my eyes. She always knew when something was wrong.

“When will you be back?” she asked as I threw my bag over my shoulder.

“I don’t know.” I said honestly “Probably after they leave.”

“Michael.” She said in a hushed voice.

“I’m sorry.” I said

“I never thought you’d be the one missing this.” She said as she sat on the couch and I followed and sat near her.

“Missing what?” I asked confused.

“Hunter, you’re life.” She said blandly. “I always thought if that ever happened it would be your brother.”

“I don’t want to be missing this, I want to be able to hold them, I want to be able to call Syd my wife.” I said as I fiddled with the strap.

“I guess you should be going.” She said

“Yeah.” I said and got up then leaned over and gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Bye.”

~Next Morning~
Syd POV

I woke up and rolled over from the left side of the bed, Vaughn’s side. I always had a habit of ending up on his side of the bed.

aww this is so sad. I hope Vaughn gets to tell Syd soon
I'm wondering what this plan is that Marshall and him are up to..and who else is in on it
and what is this about vaughn having a brother?? is this new info?
Great job and can i please get a pm when you update, thanks

Back