Hurricane Isabel

As most of you prolly already know, Hurricane Isabel is coming right into the East Coast today and I'm prepared for it here in North Carolina. We will get some good steady rain and about 30-50mph winds. And if we lose power, that means I won't be able to get online, so you'll know where I'll be. I'm hoping that it won't be too bad, but I'll tell you, I'm excited about it. I will take some pictures and document it all for you all, but don't worry, I won't go stand outside to get a good picture hehe. Maybe stand by the window for a sec and take one. But I'll be sure to show them all to you once I get them off my camera.

Isabel's Stats:

250 Miles SE of Cape Hatteras, NC
105 MPH Winds (Category: 2)
Moving NNW 13 MPH
Pressure: 28.20in/995mb

I hope it was alright to create this topic though.

Here's some cool sites:

HurricaneTrack.com- Hurricane News, Information and Live Field Coverage of Landfalls

And a webcam at Wrightsville Beach:

http://www.wrightsville.com/bchcam.htm

Hurricanes are fun. Tornados are cool in pictures... but gosh, it's some freaky weather.

Then again, I used to live close to the coast on the east coast... but all the way up in CT, so we always got the tail ends of hurricanes and they weren't that strong. I might be a little more freaked out if I was down in NC like Brian.

SiriCerasi said:
oh yeah i remember you guys live near each other, if you see her tell her i said the same :smiley:
I talked to her yesterday and she said she was doing fine and was getting things outside tied down or barracaded somewhere. Just like I did the past few days.

SiriCerasi said:
oh yeah do you hafta board up the windows and doors and stuff like that? and live in teh basemetn?
Well, they boarded up houses on the coast and the immediate hit area, but I don't think anybody has boarded up their windows around here. And where I live and I think it's this way for everyone, unless you have a lotta money and can afford to have a basement constructed, we don't have basements here. The reason being is that the ground is made up of clay. So, what we'll end up doing is going into an interior room, like a closet and bathroom.

I'm in Pennsylvania right now, and all kinds of people on campus here are freaking out. It's like, CALM DOWN PEOPLE!! We aren't supposed to get much of anything... yeah... winds to 60 mph and there is a flood warning (even though the same people keep saying that the chance of rain is less than 50%. lol... It'll be find... we'll see what happens, though... everyone's hoping that the college will call off classes due to the "hurricane" that's coming through.

BTW... I hope everything goes well for those of you who are in the middle of it... you will be in my thoughts and prayers!! :smiley:

hurricanes are so great... i mean without the damage and all but also SCHOOL GETS CANCELLED!

but :angry: not ours... cause my town is just a buncha stupid turds who want us to go to school. :superangry:

heheh i remember hurricane floyd... "oh look there's our neighbors garbage can flowing down the street" and "ooooooooooooh a treee fell down" :lol:

MAN,it was coming straight for Puerto Rico and my whole school and friends are use to hurracains like Isabel so no one freaks out,but now that its going north,well my school would have closed if it came cause its right next to the beach.But nothing is going to happend so school is still on,This BITES!!!! :angry: Anyway ive been through worse hurracains and i advice everyone to calm down,i know that it sounds imposible but thats all u have to do.I know i surf in hurracains and storms so i know how bad.Godd luck everyone,and stay safe!!! :smiley:

Back