Hurricane Isabel

I heard all about it becuae my teacher reads the newspaper to us everymorning they were telling us all about how a bunch of people had to leave north carolina and how the winds were really really strong I was a little freakeed out becuase I know people who live there but its all gonna be just fine!

hurricane isabel's coming tonight..here anyway

ahh stormy clouds are everywhere :( *sighs* it's kind of spooky...well at least she died down a bit...now it's only gonna be winds and rain

ILoVeVaUgHnxo said:
I heard all about it becuae my teacher reads the newspaper to us everymorning they were telling us all about how a bunch of people had to leave north carolina and how the winds were really really strong I was a little freakeed out becuase I know people who live there but its all gonna be just fine!
lol yea

i live in NC and dun see what all the fuss is about :confused: ^_^

nance said:
hurricanes are so great... i mean without the damage and all but also SCHOOL GETS CANCELLED!

but :angry: not ours... cause my town is just a buncha stupid turds who want us to go to school. :superangry:

heheh i remember hurricane floyd... "oh look there's our neighbors garbage can flowing down the street" and "ooooooooooooh a treee fell down" :lol:
lol lucky ppl that get hurricanes!

everyone in nJ is all freakd out.. but i think that itll pass though i dont want it too.. i want no school 2morrow!!! just like floyd!

HA HA though u guys don't know true there's no school but if there is one its going to be bad and that's really sad for the people who have to deal with it....

Ooh Isabel was a lotta fun. ^_^ It was really windy and rainy and it rained and was windy thruout the whole day. Surprisingly, all the trees around me are all still standing. Those are some pretty resilient trees with the way they were getting tossed around. One tree did fall though, but it was up the street. The power did flicker a few times, but managed to stay on.

I even went outside when she was here. ^_^ What I thought was really cool besides the wind and the rain, was the clouds you could see that were going by pretty quickly. You can hear the wind coming in my trees before you actually felt it. I equate it to the sound of the ocean crashing on the shore. That's what it sounded like.

But I know things east of me aren't too good, but I know they'll pick up the pieces and continue on. Things here were safe and good. Some of our major school districts are closed for today.

I'm sad to see her go though, you know? I know that sounds a lil weird, but it was fun.

And yes, I did get some pictures and you can check them all out here:

http://home.earthlink.net/~kittflames24/HurricaneIsabel

Glad to hear you were safe, Brian. How far inland are you?

I like storms... hurricanes, thunderstorms (as long as there's no tornado warning attached)... there's something about the electricity in the air...

Existentialist said:
Glad to hear you were safe, Brian. How far inland are you?

I like storms... hurricanes, thunderstorms (as long as there's no tornado warning attached)... there's something about the electricity in the air...
Hurricanes are such pretty storms to follow. I am to the west of the Raleigh area, right almost in the middle of the state. Isabel was a huge storm.

Whoa... yeah, big storm indeed.

Hurricanes are great to follow. All swirly and stuff... :lol: I remember loving being in the eye of the storm. There's just something about being in the center of a huge storm...

Existentialist said:
Whoa... yeah, big storm indeed.

Hurricanes are great to follow. All swirly and stuff... :lol: I remember loving being in the eye of the storm. There's just something about being in the center of a huge storm...
I even tracked her on my own Hurricane Tracking map. First time I've ever done that. :smiley: If you look at my pics, you'll see evidence of that.

Now what's next is to take all our containers full of our stuff back into our garage since we brought them inside the house to make room for our cars.

Yeah, that's a pain in the neck about hurricanes... moving everything around so that nothing blows away.

And yes, I saw your pics of your hurricane tracking map. That's very cool indeed.

Back