Hurricane Juan

Kara

eternally nostalgic
Ok so I didn't miss Alias last night (thank goodness!) but the Hurricane came and I dont think anybody thought it would hit that hard... I have a ton of pics of my town and all the damage but my mom has to upload them since I'm clueless... anyways, trees fell down and everything, and this morning my sister and I walked around the neighbourhood to check things out and one woman's front steps flew off her house and smashed into her car, and all over TV were videos of houses in Halifax with the roofs coming right off them, the lights still on on the top and everything. I was soo scared last night because my yard is full of huge trees and they were right outside my window, and one of them did fall over but it went the opposite way. Another one fell towards my house but it just missed it. It's the hugest mess I've ever seen and I'm sposed to be outside cleaning but I wanted to come online since we only just got our power back... all the schools in the province were cancelled today as well as in PEI and places still don't have power. My brother and I went out driving earlier to go to Tim Hortons because my mom wanted a coffee and the people were lined up to the highway! It was insane, most people had no power and everyone was rushing to Tim Hortons. The winds were up to around 170km/hour, and it poured all last night and today. It's really sunny now though. Anyways, I'll post some pics later of my yard and everything, I'm just glad I have power again!!

OMG we had soo much rain it was lke a Flood here in Massachusetts peoples basments were flooded I went swimming in mine lol but it rained for 24 hours straight

Ok I'm just trying to find somewhere to put all the pics because I have 32 but they are really big, so I'll have them up later. :D

:eek: i just read that one person died. :( :rip:

One Confirmed Dead as Hurricane Hits Nova Scotia
Mon September 29, 2003 08:52 AM ET
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia (Reuters) - Hurricane Juan was downgraded to a tropical storm early on Monday but not before at least one person died and more than 100,000 people lost power when it hit the Canadian province of Nova Scotia, city officials said. Juan weakened after slamming Nova Scotia during the night with winds of up to 90 miles per hour.

Yea two people did actually... and ambulance driver outside the QEII was killed when he was hit by a tree and a man in Enfield was killed while in his car and a tree fell on him. :(

I'm glad everything's alright where you are. I just went thru Isabel a few weeks ago, but no damage around my area. Somehow all my trees were still standing.

Ok here are the first few pics, more later. Some are blurry because I took them from the car. :lol:

030915007.jpg

03091008.jpg

03091013.jpg

030915.jpg

030915001.jpg

030915002.jpg

030915004.jpg

030915006.jpg

Flames24 said:
It's amazing what a hurricane's winds can do.
Yea, it's insane. But even before it hit Halifax it was downgraded to a 'tropical storm' instead of a hurricane, but the damages caused were classified as a category 3 hurricane damage... my damages were nothing compared to some.

Kara said:
Ok so I didn't miss Alias last night (thank goodness!) but the Hurricane came and I dont think anybody thought it would hit that hard... I have a ton of pics of my town and all the damage but my mom has to upload them since I'm clueless... anyways, trees fell down and everything, and this morning my sister and I walked around the neighbourhood to check things out and one woman's front steps flew off her house and smashed into her car, and all over TV were videos of houses in Halifax with the roofs coming right off them, the lights still on on the top and everything. I was soo scared last night because my yard is full of huge trees and they were right outside my window, and one of them did fall over but it went the opposite way. Another one fell towards my house but it just missed it. It's the hugest mess I've ever seen and I'm sposed to be outside cleaning but I wanted to come online since we only just got our power back... all the schools in the province were cancelled today as well as in PEI and places still don't have power. My brother and I went out driving earlier to go to Tim Hortons because my mom wanted a coffee and the people were lined up to the highway! It was insane, most people had no power and everyone was rushing to Tim Hortons. The winds were up to around 170km/hour, and it poured all last night and today. It's really sunny now though. Anyways, I'll post some pics later of my yard and everything, I'm just glad I have power again!!
R u from nova scotia? man i feel bad for you guys, sorry about that, our thoughts are with you guys.

Back