Hybrid Class Names

We have been told what some of the hybrid class names will be, but there are 72, and I just wonder what they will be called.

The ones we know are:

Warrior + Cleric = Paladin
Ranger + Wizard = Druid
Ranger + Rogue = Sniper/Hunter
Wizard + Warrior = WarMage
Cleric + Healer = Pure Healer
Warrior + Gearknight = Pure Fighter
Wizard + Necromancer = Pure Wizard

But what would a:

Wizard + Rogue = ?
Rogue + Necromancer = ?
Necromancer + Cleric = ?

just to name a few.

What do you think? Can we come up with names for all 72? I am too lazy to write them all, but if you think of some, please contribute.

Originally posted by Makkah@May 17 2006, 02:45 PM
Necro/Healer was Mortician via one screenshot.

I'd think some combo of Bard/Necro is Dirge.
That is so cool, a dirge means "a song or hymn of mourning composed or performed as a memorial to a dead person"

Hrmm, good questions with a ton of options.

I think:
Warrior + Rouge might = Swashbuckler or Mercenary
Rogue + Warrior = Pirate (many screenshots with pirates in the game)
Warrior + Ranger = Cavalier
Warrior + Necro will prolly = Deathknight
Warrior + Healer = Knight or Holy Knight ...could possibly be Templar (this is a tricky one)

Ranger + Cleric = Diviner
Ranger + Healer might = Shaman
Rogue + Wizard = Illusionist
Rogue + Necro = Assassin
Rogue + Cleric = Inquisitor (means: One who inquires or makes an inquisition, especially a questioner who is excessively rigorous or harsh.) This sounds like what a rogue would do if he was part of a clerical order.
Cleric + Necromancer = Spiritualist (which means: someone who serves as an intermediary between the living and the dead) or possibly Exorcist

Now for reverse engineering:
Monk = either Ranger + Healer or Rogue + Healer...could also be Warrior + Healer
Troubador = Bard + Healer or Bard + Rogue

Wait, does anyone know if a reversal in primary and secondary classes will result in a new class name, or will it just affect your skill/spell pool? For example, will Wizard + Ranger = Druid and Ranger + Wizard = Druid as well?

If your class title changes by switching primary and secondary archtypes there would be a possibility of 72 class titles. That's a lot, so I'm not exactly sure how they are doing this.

Now, assuming that the order when determining your "pure" classes will result in the same title (warrior + gearknight and gearknight + warrior will both = pure fighter) then the total number of titles would be 68. This is also assuming there are only 4 "pure" classes: Fighter, Healer, Wizard, and Rogue.

Either way, that's still a lot of class titles if, in fact, reversing your primary and secondary result in a totally differnt class title.

Wizard + Healer = Enchanter
Necro + Warrior = Warlock
Bard + Warrior = Dervish (sp?)
Healer + Wizard = Mystic
Cleric + Necro = Spiritualist
Cleric + Geark = Knight
Geark + Warrior = Defender/Protector/Pure Gearknight
Warrior + Healer = Monk
Necro + Cleric = Summoner
Healer + Cleric = Priest
Healer + Necro = Shadowpriest
Wizard + Bard = Shaman
Warrior + Wizard = Battlemage (!= WarMage)
Rogue + Bard = Thief
Healer + Ranger = Animist
Wizard + Rogue = Illusionist

Just some I came up with.

Necromancer+Gearknight = Voodoun (Come voodoo lego people!)

Necromancer+Warrior = Dreadknight

Necromancer+Bard = Lawyer (making a living off a dead language)

The Hero's Council named them all :smiley: It was fun, and we came out with some awsome class names. I can't reveal them though, sorry!

I read an article from E3 that stated there are 72 professions.

That would imply that the 9 classes can be combined both ways - e.g., Healer/Warrior and Warrior/Healer - with different names. As one class is your primary and the other is a secondary, the two different combos would yield different skill/ability trees.

So yeah. 72 professions.

Yea, I'd assume there are 72 separate combo names (if not more! Wouldn't it be cool to choose from a couple in each combo?) In Gemstone IV, one of Simu's text-RPG, each profession has a number of titles that can be obtained depending what level you are. Here's an example of all the ones available to a bard:

You have access to the following titles from the PROFESSION group:

Songsmith *
Busker *
Thespian *
Poet *
Skald *
Piper *
Storyteller *
Harper *
Gleeman *
Battlechanter *
Jongleur *
Spellsinger *
Rhymester *
Jester *
Loresinger *
Muse *
Balladeer *
Bladesinger *
Composer *
Master Poet *
Minstrel *
Songmaster *
Troubadour *
Master Storyteller *
Loremaster *
Bard Laureate *
Bard *

Very cool.

Very interesting.....it would be awesome if you could get new profession titles from, say, going specific ways in the ability trees.....

We also know that Cleric/Necromancer = Occultist and Necromancer/Cleric = Diabolisist. I'm too lazy to find the article that was in but it came out a week or two ago.

This also answers Rics question from earlier. Switching the same two classes between primary and secondary does equal a new profession. That's also how they're able to come up with 72 different professions.

Man, just typing 72 different professions makes me smile. :D

Originally posted by Korama@May 19 2006, 10:40 AM
We also know that Cleric/Necromancer = Occultist and Necromancer/Cleric = Diabolisist. I'm too lazy to find the article that was in but it came out a week or two ago.

This also answers Rics question from earlier. Switching the same two classes between primary and secondary does equal a new profession. That's also how they're able to come up with 72 different professions.

Man, just typing 72 different professions makes me smile. :D
aye, this is the first game where I actually want to try more than one class.

Actually, there are probably thousands of different classes. Just some of them have the same name. Hero's Journey is just so customizable that even if you have the same primary and secondary as someone else you'll still have 2 completely different classes due to the build or path you guys took.

Back