Politics Hyppcrites

i dont know what every one else belives bet i think its hypocritical. but then wouldnt that make everyone a hypocrite?

i have friends that say they are christians. we all go to concerts and worship like there is no tomorrow. they go to youth group every week and help at their church every sunday but once they get to school its like we entered another world. They cuss like crazy and tell kinda dirty jokes which somethimes just arent funny. i dont know. i wanna hear other peoples opinion on this.

well, at my school i go to a private Lutheran School and there isn't a whole lot of that. Now, I'm not saying that there isn't any, but it's not as bad as i've seen it in the public schools in my area. I'm not saying that i don't swear cause i do. But i try not to we're not perfect. As for dirty jokes well, maybe your friends need to look at who else they hang out with and see if it's only a problem around certain people at school. I would say its more sin that hypocritical. Maybe you should say something becuase they might not see their jokes as being dirty.

hope this helps. :D

thanks it does and whats fun is tonight they are at a christian cd release party show and tomorrow they have youth group so i really will see how different they are in the different elements. i hope they know what they do is not really that funny.

i dont know what every one else belives bet i think its hypocritical. but then wouldnt that make everyone a hypocrite?

i have friends that say they are christians. we all go to concerts and worship like there is no tomorrow. they go to youth group every week and help at their church every sunday but once they get to school its like we entered another world. They cuss like crazy and tell kinda dirty jokes which somethimes just arent funny. i dont know. i wanna hear other peoples opinion on this.
If there is one line from the Bible that I would put above all else it would be this: For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead (James 2:26). That is why I have problems with people just claiming to be Christians and not acting like it.

i like the verse the alliance said and it is soo true. maybe my "christian" friends are just working on their faith cause i mean have seen i change in like some of em. k really i wrote this topic about two of my guy friends...."Robert" and "Martin". K Robert when i first met him he was a really crazy dude. always telling like dirty jokes and cussin but ever since he became a christian like he hardly cusses....unless he is mad and i hardly hear a dirty joke and during worship he seems to be really into it. and my other friend martin well he has changed much. i mean i believe he really loves God and all that but he doesnt show it at school...at least not when i see him.

But is there anywhere in the Bible that say: "Thou shalt not joke about Stevie Wonder's blindness, Pamela Anderson's bucket fanny and a kid with cancer."?

totally true but i mean being christian involves following the word of god and doing godly things. i dont believe cursing and dirty jokes fall under that category.

I am gay. I was born and raised Jewish, but today I do not identify with any religion and I do not believe in any sort of god. I respect very much those who do, but not those who are just pretending. From what I understand (and please correct me if I am wrong), Christians are instructed to follow the teachings of Jesus, correct? I always thought that Jesus was all-loving, all-forgiving, and all-caring, and he did not hate anyone or speak badly against anyone who did not harm anyone else. I assumed the same went for god. However, I see many Christians at anti-gay rallies with signs such as "GOD HATES FAGS." Since when did god hate? That's a pretty strong word. Now keep in mind, I am not saying all Christians are like this, I would never generalize like that. I'm just trying to explain my frustrations with those who do act like that. Those people, in my opinion, and to quote one of my favorite comedians "have no right to call themselves Christians, because they have no Christianity to them. They have no compassion, they have no kindess. I want Jesus to come back and say 'That's not what I meant'." Now, she may be choosing certain words to be humorous as is her job, but the core message she is trying to get out is true, I believe. I can't bring myself to believe I am evil, as I've never comitte d a crime, never done anything that certain Christians assume all gay people do (molest children, have spontaneous sex in public, etc.) because they are generalizing. I don't generalize about people like you, so please don't generalize about people like me.

1.) You are correct in telling me I probably shouldn't have used the words "people like you." Let me rephrase:

I do not generalize about Christians, so please don't generalize about gay people.

2.) What do you mean by "our language." Since when do one group of people own a language? That seems like a strange comment to me. It concerns me that that's how you chose to respond to my post, when I would've appreciated an actual response to a question I will now pose more clearly: Are people who call themselves Christians but then spread hate (i.e. carrying signs that say "God Hates Fags", etc.) hypocritical? If not, isn't that saying that Christianity is a hateful religion? I DON'T THINK IT IS, that's why I think people who spread such hate can't possibly be genuinely Christian.

ETA: I just noticed your signature. Forgive me, but I see that as extremely obnoxious considering this is somone who actually died. Do you really believe that, assuming God exists, he would condone the battery of someone who had done no harm to anyone else? How can violence for the sake of violence be funny or a good thing? I can't argue with that logic, simply because it is illogical. Therefore, I don't see myself getting through to some people here in the future. I probably won't post here anymore.

By "Our language" I mean English. As in I'm English, I speak English, I spell English.

I'm not a Christian by the way. I don't agree with any religion. The world would be a far greater place if there was no religion.

And my signature means nothing, it's just a football chant.

Your signature does mean something, whether you think it does or not. It's not "just a football chant" and its really ignorant to think that. I doubt the family of that young man who died would find it funny. How can you be so blind?

I apologize if I was overly hostile, just trying to express my belief: That one should read into something a bit more closely before labelling it so simply.

Your signature does mean something, whether you think it does or not. It's not "just a football chant" and its really ignorant to think that. I doubt the family of that young man who died would find it funny. How can you be so blind?

The "young man" decided to kill himself. Perhaps he should've had more thought for his family...

I'm trying to understand where you're coming from. Are you saying that him killing himself justifies badjering him after the fact? He didn't harm anyone else and he was under enormous pressure from people who went after him simply because he was gay--the same kind of people that thought he deserved to die. In my opinion, that's just not right. I don't think it's right to judge him, especially knowing nothing else about him or his family.

Back