I am a dweeb??

Nnem

Cadet
So, just the other night I was invited to this party. People were talking about how much beer and weed was going to be there and they were all excited. Just a few hours before, a couple of people called me and asked if I wanted to go. I told all of them sorry, but I was already busy doing a bunch of stuff for the night.

Then I logged onto my MUD and created a Bard.

Honestly, I party is a party no matter how many drugs or drinks will be there. It's entirely up to you to acknowledge, or ignore them. If you had friends going, ya should have gone. If not, you most likely didn't miss anything special.

Nnem said:
So, just the other night I was invited to this party. People were talking about how much beer and weed was going to be there and they were all excited. Just a few hours before, a couple of people called me and asked if I wanted to go. I told all of them sorry, but I was already busy doing a bunch of stuff for the night.

'Dweeb' and 'nerd' are other words for mature, intelligent people. Because being dumb and high/drunk all the time is what's 'cool' nowadays. Personally, I doin't find any of those things very fun. I guess I'm a dweeb, and that's okay by me. =)

More power to you, imo.

If that makes you a dweeb, then I am too. I'd have made the same choice and yet I don't find myself overly nerdy (I am certainly part-nerd, but not too too much). I just don't like that kind of party atmosphere.

Nnem, it sounds like you did what you wanted to do. I wouldn't call it nerdy or dweeby or anything remotely like that. Now, if you made a regular habit of this, you could be called anti-social... I think that might be fair... but still not nerdy or dweeby. So, to answer your question, no you aren't a dweeb.

I like to party but I don't like to get drunk or high. I cook. LoL
Tho' parties have progressed from High School, to College, to the work place.
It never hurts to be social and make good contacts tho'. Never know when someone you loaned your cell phone to make a call to their ride turns out to be a lawyer with connections. -wink wink-
That's one social perk that MMOs just don't seem to grant.

The parties that I have always been invited to are small ones. A group of friends all getting together and doing those types of things. I do still go out with some friends alot. Just not to these particular outings =x

Something about it just never appealed to me. I dont think lesser of the people that do it, its just their thing, I guess. I have never tried either and dont plan on doing so, its just not attractive to me. They say you should try everything at least once, but meh =/

Nnem said:
They say you should try everything at least once, but meh =/
People who say that are, generally, rather insecure types who need to see other people do what they do in order to feel better because there's safety in numbers. The expression is such a crock.

Nnem said:
Something about it just never appealed to me. I dont think lesser of the people that do it, its just their thing, I guess. I have never tried either and dont plan on doing so, its just not attractive to me. They say you should try everything at least once, but meh =/

That is exactly my take on the issue. I was invited to numerous drinking parties at college and declined every time. I even had a few consistantly open invitations that I never took people up on. Didn't mean I was anti-social; didn't detract from my opinion of those people or their opinion of me. I just liked having Xbox lan parties in the lounge or hanging out with small groups of friends. Now-a-days I do mostly the same thing, but without the greatly missed lan parties.

Some people would call me a boring person- never done drugs, don't drink more than 1 (or occasionally 2) of anything and don't like loud crowded locations. Personally that sort of criticism doesn't phase me in the least.

blur said:
People who say that are, generally, rather insecure types who need to see other people do what they do in order to feel better because there's safety in numbers. The expression is such a crock.

I beg to differ. While I personally have a few exceptions to that expression, I generally use it as a guideline to 1) keep an open mind about things in general, and 2) overcome certain fears (such as heights). For example, when it comes to doing things, I would use "try everything once" if approached for a skydiving outing, or trying a new and bizarre food, like chocolate-covered ants.

I wouldn't use it to apply to doing any form of drugs, but that's a case of personal morals intervening. See my point?

Riceman said:
I wouldn't use it to apply to doing any form of drugs, but that's a case of personal morals intervening. See my point?
Yes, but in a thread where we are talking precisely about parties, booze and drugs, rather than having a fear of heights, etc, can you see my point?

when forcefully confined in a closet space for eternity, those rusty coathangers start to become mighty sexy lookin.

Daax said:
when forcefully confined in a closet space for eternity, those rusty coathangers start to become mighty sexy lookin.

That scares me... just enough, that it does actually scare me, a little. :-s

Nnem, I totally understand that concept. Honestly, I didn't drink until after my first trip to Australia *looks in blur's direction* and even then it's in small groups of five or so people at MY apartment so I don't have to worry about going any where and I am totally in charge of everything going on (not that I am bossy, but it makes me feel better to have a bit of control where alcohol might be going on). I still cannot understand the whole phenomenon of drinking for the sake of drinking or getting high for the sake of doing stupid stuff. I just don't get it, for the longest time it prevented me from making friends in college because I had a hard time accepting people who did do that stuff but over time I just say to my friends "if you want to do drugs, just don't get me involved, I would rather you didn't do it, but it's your choice and I'll still respect you as my friend". Anyway, when it comes to drinking, I *only* do it with close friends/family, that is it, no exception. And when parties go down at my place, they are pretty controlled, non-rowdy, mostly people sitting around in the living room chilling like we would if we were sobre, that's just how it should be. Unlike my rowdy neighbours who drink all the time and annoy the rest of us nearby regularily.. I think my friends and I are light drinkers who treat alcohol like any other drink and nothing particularily special.

And you're not a dweeb, Nnem, I think you're pretty damn cool to be honest. You're a really smart person with great morals. And bards rock anyway :smiley: (hehe no pun intended :P)

And I hearby propose a vote to revoke Daax's speaking privileges after that scarring comment!

Leo said:
Nnem, I totally understand that concept. Honestly, I didn't drink until after my first trip to Australia *looks in blur's direction* and even then it's in small groups of five or so people at MY apartment so I don't have to worry about going any where and I am totally in charge of everything going on (not that I am bossy, but it makes me feel better to have a bit of control where alcohol might be going on). I still cannot understand the whole phenomenon of drinking for the sake of drinking or getting high for the sake of doing stupid stuff. I just don't get it, for the longest time it prevented me from making friends in college because I had a hard time accepting people who did do that stuff but over time I just say to my friends "if you want to do drugs, just don't get me involved, I would rather you didn't do it, but it's your choice and I'll still respect you as my friend". Anyway, when it comes to drinking, I *only* do it with close friends/family, that is it, no exception. And when parties go down at my place, they are pretty controlled, non-rowdy, mostly people sitting around in the living room chilling like we would if we were sobre, that's just how it should be. Unlike my rowdy neighbours who drink all the time and annoy the rest of us nearby regularily.. I think my friends and I are light drinkers who treat alcohol like any other drink and nothing particularily special.

And you're not a dweeb, Nnem, I think you're pretty damn cool to be honest. You're a really smart person with great morals. And bards rock anyway :smiley: (hehe no pun intended :P)

And I hearby propose a vote to revoke Daax's speaking privileges after that scarring comment!

That is something I always saw myself doing. Drinking with a small group of friends, not partying, but like you said, haning out and having a few drinks. I think my problem is that I tend to be a little pushed away from people who drink.Not to say they are bad, but when the first chance I have to hang out with someone is going out to drink, I tend to kinda think that they are someone I wont be around much... Thus none of my close friends do drink :P

"And bards rock anyway :smiley: "

I like that part :smiley:

Back