I am Gleamor from Dragon Realms!

Gleamor

Cadet
I wanted to say hello to all my gaming peers from Dragon Realms that may be around. I played in Dragon Realms as Gleamor for many years as a Rogue/Thief.

I left Dragon Realms to try out the new MMORPG's and have played in many of the closed beta games such as Lineage2 and WOW since. None of them have held up to the fun I had in Dragon Realms and I was so happy to discover that Simutronics was developing their very own MMORPG.

I am very sure that this will be the very best MMORPG around. I have nothing but the utmost confidence that Simutronics staff will not only develope a great world, but also maintain it for years to come and if anyone can break this stagnant mold that has become the MMORPG, it will be Simutronics!

Anyways, hello and I look forward to meeting you all in game one day!

Gleamor

P.S. I was married to Sasper, in game, for a very long time. I was also great friends with Narfious. After I left the MuDD to play MMORPG's we slowly lost contact. Does anyone out there have any information about her?

Howdy Gleamor, and welcome to the coolest crew this side of.. a place not so cool!

Get involved in the convos, lot going on here now, Dev interaction too. It sure is the HJ place to be!

I am so completely hanging out for HJ, in much the same way as you I think. The current MMOs just don't get 'it' and don't have 'it' in my opinion.

No pressure on the Simugods though.. haha

Hey Gleamor welcome to Hero's Hall! Hope you enjoy your visit here. We have a lot of ex-DR players so hopefully you'll be able to find someone to catch up old times with.

Awesome, I am glad there are people here that will know what I mean when I compare Dragon Realm to the seriously lacking content that other MMORPG's have, lol.

SO many of my MMORPG friends are like "whats Dragons Realm?" then I sporadically start talking about the amazing stuff you can do there and how the content is relevant to the game play and how stuff changes when the GM's get involved in the game and this and that.

I truely miss that game and gave serious thought to going back several times. Had Simu not deleted my character so quickly I would have, I think.

I am really wanting this game to come out. I have no doubt that it will be an awesome game when it is released.

Originally posted by Gleamor@May 7 2006, 03:27 AM
Awesome, I am glad there are people here that will know what I mean when I compare Dragon Realm to the seriously lacking content that other MMORPG's have, lol.

SO many of my MMORPG friends are like "whats Dragons Realm?" then I sporadically start talking about the amazing stuff you can do there and how the content is relevant to the game play and how stuff changes when the GM's get involved in the game and this and that.

I truely miss that game and gave serious thought to going back several times. Had Simu not deleted my character so quickly I would have, I think.

I am really wanting this game to come out. I have no doubt that it will be an awesome game when it is released.
They deleted your character?

That's odd, I thought they are held onto....

People come back to DR all the time, I see people who haven't played in years. (Myself, I took a two year break)

I didn't play DR for about 1.5 years and tried to log in with no result. I then tried to link my e-mail with the account and it wasn't found. I even called Simutronics about the issue and they found me not on file.

I can only say that I have always regretting letting this account lapse. I made the assumption that MMORPG's would be "so much better" but I quickly found I was wrong. I thought it was just "this" MMORPG and not the whole genre, so I bounced around and was eventually always disappointed.

As great a game as WoW was to play through Closed beta, I found that when open beta started the game was starting to deteriorate. It seemed the more content they added, the worst direction the game took. The designers seemed set on separating players from each other based on zoned instancing, either PvP our Encounter based. They seemed content on allowing an Ebay economy and the ever so popular grind grind grind technique.

I am anxious to see this mold broken with a refreshed and daring approach that will consider that many of us here play these games in order to somewhat inhibit our characters with a sense of purpose. In DR, for example, there was no separation between the PvP'ers and the non-PvP'ers. They were all needed to make the world go around. The exclusion of the "care-bears" in the last few years has left the PvP devoid of purpose and without reason. I am a severe PvP player, I love PvP more than most and never play on a non-PvP server, but I feel that "care-bears" offer much to the game that has been taken for granted. Give these people a purpose and bring them back. Incorporate more than just PvP in a game, give us a reason to survive OTHER than just to kill and be killed.

In Dragon Realms I can still remember getting unique items that only I had, I remember the days of decision making on how to decorate my home. I remember the GM attacks outside the city gates. I remember the encounters with Shard thieves when I ventured into their "turf" (Shard was not my turf, I was a ferry thief). I remember going to help friends in need and I never said "oh sorry in an instance for the rest of the week". I remember the exciting boat rides where much could be accomplished in-game in the 30 minutes besides using the bathroom out-of-game. I remember the weddings, the social events, the fights and the encounters with more frequency that I will ever remember the last 3.5 years.

Anywho, I have stammered on to far, I miss my little fella but it is too hard to leave the graphics once you have had them. I guess I will have to whine until a MMORPG is made to satisfy my heart the way that Dragon Realms did......

Go Hero's Journey!!! You’re my only hope!!!

Back