I AM SCIENCE FICTION

AlienView

StarGate Explorer
“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.” ― Max Planck, The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics [Max Planck was a very famous Nobel Prize winning physicist [Quantum Theory] of the 20th Century]

I am Science Fiction: I am not limited by any science of any time or of any place.

I am Science Fiction: I am not limited by time - Time is an illusion

I am Science Fiction: The universe, existence itself, is a toy I play with for our amusement.

I am Science Fiction: My Universe is multidimensional - No single paradigm of reality ever applies.

I am Science Fiction: I do not believe in or accept any diety - And still feel obligated to explore the quantum potential of an imaginary God.

I am Science Fiction: I create time and space by seeing it - As I see it so it becomes.

I am Science Fiction: I give you worlds beyond your wildest imagination - I stimulate your imagination and make it real.

I am Science Fiction: I create the future - And you 'make it so'

I am Science Fiction: I am from the future - A future that does not fear meeting beings that are not afraid of the future.

We are Science Fiction - Are you with us Human - Are you ready to "boldly go where no man has gone before".

“The only way of discovering the limits of the possible is to venture a little way past them into the impossible.”
-Arthur C. Clarke

- AlienView

UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION: I AM SCIENCE FICTION

Welcome back!
Interesting....

“We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now, that they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the future.” ― Max Planck
Love that quote.

I am not limited by time - Time is an illusion
I only slightly disagree.
Time is a perception of existence based on memory and anticipation.
Our brains allow us to access memory actively. The past is our ability to remember specific 'now' moments as they happened.
We exist in a constant state of present. In the 'Now' moment.
Our memory gives the ever-changing static now moments fluidity we perceive as the passage of time.
We use that memory to try to anticipate future now moments. Our anticipation enhances the fluidity of time.
Now is a static state. Time is the perception of change in that static state. Kinda like a high speed camera takes snapshots at a high rate of speed and plays back as motion. Only our perception of reality exceeds a billion frames per second. As the static moments pass by, it is our memory that gives it motion.
I know time exists because I perceive it. It may not be what most people think it is but it exists for all people.

My Universe is multidimensional - No single paradigm of reality ever applies.
Reality always applies, especially in multi-dimensions. Multi-dimensional realities is a paradigm of reality.

I do not believe in or accept any diety
What if the acceptance is in the Universe itself as being sentient. That everything that is thought, imagined, dreamed or done is in reality the Universe doing it because everything exists within the Universe? When I contemplate my own existence, isn't the Universe contemplating its existence?

I create time and space by seeing it - As I see it so it becomes.
The whole concept of Chaos is based on interactions of matter and energy over the Universe as an entirety.
I can't see many things that affect me, this planet, our star system or the galaxy but I see the results of those interaction which can be measured and quantified as reality.

I give you worlds beyond your wildest imagination
Worlds Beyond the Imagination are beyond the capacity to appreciate, fathom or imagine. That statement is a contradiction.
Perhaps you meant, I open new worlds for your imagination to consider?

How about saying:

I am Science Fiction: I inspire you to ponder "What If?".

Science Fiction is fiction based on science.
It is a Fantasy that uses Reality as a core component.
A creative endeavor to expand on science thru imagination.
A vehicle for exploring scientific What If scenarios.
Without the reality baseline, it is pure fantasy.
Its the baseline science that makes it science fiction.

Nanotechnology is a reality based science.
Nanotechnology is constructing objects by rearranging atoms.
It has the potential to blur the lines between fantasy and reality.
With nanotechnology and the correct artificial intelligence, what is now thought to be pure fantasy can become reality. It opens many avenues of Science Fiction never previously considered.
Science fiction technomages might have nanotechnology ability.
To the uneducated, advanced technology would appear to be magic.
Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Tom? - The same Tom noteworthy for posting on this forum and giving us movies and TV shows we may
have missed?

Yes, it is you - As we remember the time debate we had in the 'so called' past.

Again, my 'opinion':

"ONLY THE FUTURE EXISTS
UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION: ONLY THE FUTURE EXISTS

Also discussed briefly was the illusion/delusion you call 'reality'.
- One does not have to be a 'Sciencefictionalist' or practitioner of Zen Buddhism
to accept the illusory nature of reality - an elaborate fantasy bordering upon
a hoax.

Stephen Hawking near the end of his life stated his belief in the multiverse.
I agree - Therefor your view might be right in one univrese - and mine in another.
Again, it could be argued with maybe 10 billion conscious {more or less} Human minds
existing in The known world - Each exists in its own universe with only symbols {language and math} supplying any unity to the many worlds.

And finally, if you are implying the Universe may possess an inherent intelligence
- "maybe' even a type of consciousness - I agree, it is possible.

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
Max Planck

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom
Tom wrote:
"We exist in a constant state of present. In the 'Now' moment. "

Let me clarify my 'opinion' on this - The only time 'now' ever existed was at the moment of the
singularity we call the 'Big Bang' - After that now becomes a non-existent state as an ever expanding
universe does not allow for a 'now'.

- We exist in A continuous state of 'Future Time' - Again now only existed once at the moment of the
initial singularity.

Welcome to the Future - And{"THE FUTURE IS NOW !!!"

" "Science is no more than an investigation of a miracle we can never explain, and art is an interpretation of that miracle." (The Martian Chronicles)
- Ray Bradbury

"If you think this Universe is bad, you should see some of the others."
- Philip K. Dick

Last edited:
moment of the
singularity we call the 'Big Bang'
The "Big Bang" never happened.
It was a "Spontaneous Eruption" of movement in a static state "Universe" of absolute zero matter.

Time is relative to the observer.
Speed is relative to the observer.
Size is relative to the observer.
Sanity is relative to the observer.
Reality is relative to the observer.
Relativity is relative to the observer.
Imagination is selective to the observer.
Validity is selective to the observer.
Truth is selective to the observer.
Understanding is selective to the observer.
Agreement is selective to the observer.

There are not 11 dimensions, there are billions of dimensions.
Like a billion BBs in a jar, some touch directly, most touch indirectly but all touch in one way or another.
At the places they touch it forms a fractal pattern. Reality exists along that fracting pattern. Changing the observer, changes the fractal pattern of reality.
Each BB is a 1 dimension point. Each point has a spherical star pattern of possible connections which represents probability. What happens in one reality, may not have happened in another and vice-versa.
The Universe is the 'jar' and it is filled with quantum particle 'BBs'.

Schrodinger's Cat simplifies quantum understanding. It is the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics applied to everyday objects.
It states that the cat is both dead and alive until it is observed.
However, it ignores the possibility that the cat never existed, always existed, may not even be a cat.
A state known as a quantum superposition, as a result of being linked to a random subatomic event that may or may not occur. The conditions depend on the cat, the radioactive element and the reaction to the contents. The quantum state within the box prior to observation is a fractal of possible and impossible states all at the same time. Every condition possible has connected possible conditions, billions of possible conditions.
When observed, all the possible conditions collapse into the reality observed.
But, every observation also has billions of possible conditions.
Observation dictates which condition manifests.
Observed from the front, the back, the side. Observed at noon, midnight or any other moment. Observed at 23 degree angle, 74 degree angle or any other angle. Observed while holding coffee, while wearing mittens and so on for a billion other variances.
Additionally, there are variations of conditions that includes absences. There is no box, there is no cat, there is no observer. Those variations are also dimensional fractation. Then you have all the various combinations of possibilities to apply.

Knowledge and understanding is gained by observing and not observing everything that is and everything that isn't. Being able to contemplate all the possible paths as well as being able to fathom the impossible paths. The state of 'nothingness' is still a state.

432 Hz. Is said to be the natural frequency of the Universe.
It is not the only frequency in the Universe, it is the baseline.
Absolute Zero is 0 Hz., no movement...energy has stopped.
0 Hz is the pristine state of the Universe.
One question I would like answered is If the natural frequency of the Universe is curerently 432 Hz, is it speeding up or slowing down. Ten Billion years ago, was the frequency 500 Hz or 400 Hz?

OR - Put simply:

"Many world's interpretation"

"The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction and denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternate histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). In layman's terms, the hypothesis states there is a very large—perhaps infinite[2]—number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes. The theory is also referred to as MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, multiverse theory or just many-worlds. ..........."
Quote Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretationv

Tom wrote:

"One question I would like answered is If the natural frequency of the Universe is curerently 432 Hz, is it speeding up or slowing down. Ten Billion years ago, was the frequency 500 Hz or 400 Hz? "

Again speeding up in one world, slowing down in another, and static in a third - With all other possibilities
also true sometimes and false other times - And true and false the rest of the time.

As far as ten billion years ago? - Didn't exist in my world which began when I became aware of it
and ends when I leave it - All the rest is pure fantasy.

Maybe the purpose of Sci-Fi iin the future will be to give meaning to science which turns out
to be nothing more than fantasy in final analysis ?!?!

"“Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ...Science fiction is central to everything we've ever done, and people who make fun of science fiction writers don't know what they're talking about.”
― Ray Bradbury

“Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction -- its essence -- has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.”
― Isaac Asimov

"Many world's interpretation"

"The many-worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that asserts the objective reality of the universal wavefunction and denies the actuality of wavefunction collapse. Many-worlds implies that all possible alternate histories and futures are real, each representing an actual "world" (or "universe"). In layman's terms, the hypothesis states there is a very large—perhaps infinite[2]—number of universes, and everything that could possibly have happened in our past, but did not, has occurred in the past of some other universe or universes. The theory is also referred to as MWI, the relative state formulation, the Everett interpretation, the theory of the universal wavefunction, many-universes interpretation, multiverse theory or just many-worlds. ..........."
Quote Source:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretationv

Thanx, yes, that is it.
Didn't exist in my world which began when I became aware of it
and ends when I leave it
Yup, when I die the flying monkeys will be released.

Science fiction and science have basically the same root = What if?

Welcome to the Future - And{"THE FUTURE IS NOW !!!"
Just to clarify, I didn't write that, Alien View did in response to me
Tom wrote:
My own opinion is that there is no future and no past, only "Now" exists.
We contemplate the past and future but we only experience the present.
What constitutes the present is based on what we perceive.
Its not a precise perception because we are not equipped with abilities to perceive anything until our senses capture the stimuli and our brains process it.
We see in color because light hits and has part of its spectrum reflected, our eyes pick up that spectrum and send information to our brains and our brains process that to give us meaning.
Its the same with all our senses, except our imagination.

Imagination is faster than reality because we create the conditions in the brain without outside stimuli.
It does however, require memory for the concepts that are imagined to make sense.
You could never dream about a space ship if you never were exposed to anything like that. You might, but you wouldn't know what it is. It would make no sense.

We make sense of what we experience by assigning associations to them. When we experience something that we have no associations for, it becomes a mystery. We either dismiss it or try to figure out its meaning.
If we witness a UFO it is a flying object that we can't identify...Unidentified.
If we have a memory of that object we assign that memory to the object and that assignment holds until it is proven wrong.
Lets say, you have never seen a jet before. You look up and say look, its a UFO. Your dad tells you no, its a jet aircraft. The next time you see something like that...jet aircraft you will point and say look, its a jet air craft.
Dad then corrects you and says no, its an airplane.

Imagination allows you to substitute that jet aircraft to be a flying building or anything else you desire.
You know what a building looks like.
You know what a flying jet aircraft looks like.
You use your memory of those things to construct your own imaginary scenario.
Without the memory, you might imagine a flying building but you wouldn't know what it was.

Science fiction allows other people to share their imagination by using words or images to generate memory recall in different scenarios. That looks like a gun, that looks like a tiger, that looks like a spaceship.
The creator's imaginary construct establishes a specific memory of something that has never existed in your experience. Now, you know what a Death Star is so when you see something that looks like a Death Star you assign it the qualities of the Death Stars you have seen or read about.

Tom wrote:

Of course many believe that - And of course I keep disputing it on the grounds that time can not be frozen
- Exactly when or where is now in a dynamic universe?

Yes, you can say its a 'constant state' - Again what is a constant state?

The Human mind might want to believe there is a certain constancy to its existence
- And that it is existing here and now - Again I maintain this is an illusion.

We exist only because of quantum potentials of the future
- Without future possibilites everything ends - Ends as though it never existed.

The future rules all - No future then no present or past either.

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”
Søren Kierkegaard

“The future is there... looking back at us. Trying to make sense of the fiction we will have become.”
William Gibson, Pattern Recognition

time can not be frozen
You don't seems to grasp the concept I am trying to explain.
many believe that
Many believe that time flows, that time exists. There isn't many that can grasp the concept I'm trying to explain.

Let me try again:
Reality is static state. Like a picture.
Energy is fast and forms the basis for everything in the Universe.
Energy causes a change in state.
We perceive that constant change of state as passing time.
The passage of time (rate of changing state) is relative to the observer.
To our eyes, the stars in the night sky don't seem to move, yet we can track their movement by stopping them at intervals with a series of photographs.
To our eyes, a mosquito's wings appear to be blurry because they are moving very fast, yet we can see their state by photographing them.

Reality changes state faster than we can detect.
"Now" is a series of static states of reality that changes at a rate of change faster than we can consciously detect.
Our memory causes 'Now' to be flowing. That flowing of 'Now' is what we call the passage of time.
At our current detection ability we have a shutter speed of perhaps 250,000 frames per second.
State changes do not happen at the same speed for everything. Some state changes are slow, others lightning fast.
What would we see if we could take a snapshot at a billion frames per second, a Trillion FPS, a Quadrillion FPS? Our technology can do that (currently a Trillion FPS) but our eyes and brain can't.

One common expression of this concept in science fiction is the acceleration change.
Captain Kirk gets zapped with a device and everything on the Enterprise appears to be moving in extreme slow motion except for the people that zapped him. An away crew goes to a planet surface that is in a distortion field and hours turn into years and back to hours when they return to the ship.

In the next video it shows a bullet passing thru an apple and it is a photograph. The moment of 'Now' is captured. That split second of time exists in a series of 'Now' moments that change from present to past as time moves. There is no Future because 'Future' is an extrapolation of "Now" based on memory of the "Past".

Time moves in one direction only. "Present to Past". "Future" is only an expectation. We can function in this series of 'Now' moments because we have learned, from experience, that certain states will change infrequently but in a certain way. That wisdom of how time works and our perception of 'Now' and our ability to have memory of the 'Past' gives time its expected flow.
Sometimes, our expectation of the 'Future' changes and we get startled, Boo!
If you hold a pen out in front of you and let go, you expect it to fall and eventually hit the ground. As the pen falls, it passes thru a series of state changes relative to its starting point. Every segment of change is happening in a series of snapshots we call 'Now'. All along the path to the floor is like Now, Now, Now ,Now Now, and so on from the point in time when it starts to fall until it hits the floor. We see it as one motion.
We use experience and memory to forecast when and if it hits the floor.
Somebody with really quick reflexes and the ability to calculate the future efficiently might pluck that pen out of its fall and catch it. The forecasted future you saw in the motion of the pen falling is prevented by the unexpected catch.

Thus, Future does not exist. Only Now exists and it exists in a rapid state of change. The Past is memory of Now that no longer exists.

Last edited:
Thus, Future does not exist. Only Now exists and it exists in a rapid state of change. The Past is memory of Now that no longer exists.

Interesting - And I herd it before, though your explanation is better than most.

But of course I still disagree - The now state as you describe it is perceptual not factual
- Of course proving the factual nature of any reality or its perception is still relative.

See what your saying is similar too another question I once brought up on a Philosophy forum
- 'Where' did the universe {accept the Big Bang, just for the sake os argument} occur
- Of course physicists/philosophers will tell you it was everywhere
- But we now know, and many physicists accept, the concept of the multiverse
- If the multiverse is a fact - then where and when 'this' universe began and where it is now
is a new question with new potential answers {that is an idea for a new sci-fi book}

Similarly your often accepted concept of endless now, even if it stood up now {pun intended] in this
universe, would not hold up in the multiverse - Flux and change may appear as happening now
- But 'now' is the illusion - Now never exists!

Unless you accept:

"THE FUTURE IS NOW !!!"

I get what you're sayin.
I don't disagree for the sake of argument.
I disagree because it doesn't make sense to me.

I don't believe the Universe was created in a big bang.
My understanding of the data I have read over the years and my own reasoning ability says the Universe (as we experience it) started as a spontaneous vibration in the Planck Constant. This version of the Universe is the current cycle. The previous Universe ended up slowing to absolute zero (all movement stopped). When the last super-massive black holes finally evaporated all that was left were a bunch of super-super heavy fragments of very dense matter to which no energy was being released. Thus "Frozen".

Some unknown force initiated an energy release, perhaps it was a final compaction of matter and the Universe initiated a wave of vibration that gained momentum and spread. Call it a different dimension, the Hand of God or fairy dust. The cause is not what is important. What's important is that energy was once again set in motion.
Motion means heat. It doesn't matter where the heat initiated, It quantumly spread throughout the frozen matter. The Universe erupted in energy. There are tell-tales like the CBR that has been mapped.

The CMBR (Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation, also known as CMB) shows spots of light and heavy radiation in the early state of the Universe. Essentially, splotches of high and low energy.

1524677512802.png

You can see it now in your television when you tune it to a channel without a feed. That snowy picture and on a radio dial without a station, that hiss noise. The fact that it still exists indicates that we are currently still in the change of state.

You're probably saying how is this pertinent to the "many worlds" dimensions or time?
Time, the way I understand it, requires movement...energy. (energy is movement).
The way I see dimensions requires energy. Dimensions also require some form of time because as hard as I try, I can't fathom any dimension in a static Universe. A static (frozen) Universe would not exist because it would be impossible to perceive, measure or interact. Basically, a "pristine state".

That being said, when this Universe initiated movement that movement initiated a fragmentation of dimensional states. Like a fractal being generated. There is a difference between spacial dimensions and probability dimensions. Chaos may not exist. The order is just beyond our species comprehension. We don't know all there is to know about anything. We can't 'see' the patterns or the order in the Universe. What we 'see' are fragments of patterns.

Every dimension requires energy. Energy is movement. Movement means a change of 'state'. The state changes are what we call time. The Universe is moving, in the process of movement, it is not frozen (Absolute Zero). Our understanding of atomic properties like the spin of a boson or electron indicates that movement is common in this Universe at a fundamental base level of scale. The fact that an Up Quark has a spin is proof of time. At the scale of an Up Quark (Spin Rate = 1/2) indicates that during observation it spins from relative moment to moment at a precise rate. This indicates that from one static moment of 'now', it changes state to the next static moment of 'now'. No matter the starting position there is a period when it is there, starts to change, is changing and is now at a new state.

1524679222745.png

Of all the Fundamental Particles in the Standard Model only the Higgs Boson has no spin.
However, we only recently confirmed the existence of the Higgs Boson so it could be that we just don't have all the information.
The Higgs Boson might also be a fundamental structure of energy. Or, a maxillary result of energy.
With no spin, the boson exists outside of time.
The Higgs boson is thought to be the 'force' that keeps mass below the speed of light. That it is the force that gives matter substance (I watch a video on it years ago, before it was detected). Perhaps it is, perhaps it isn't.
All the other bosons, The Gauge Bosons have spin. All the particles in this standard model have mass except the photon and the gluon. But, science has found that photons can be a particle or a waveform. There are experiments to prove it.
Perhaps gluons also behave in a similar fashion.

Why is this pertinent?
Because if we can detect movement at the limit of our understanding of the particles of mass that make up the Universe it shows that time exists at all levels of relativity. While I may not know all the possible dimensions or combinations of dimensions it assures me that all possible dimensions experience time.
This tells me that time is fundamental to the Universe.
It also tells me there can be no dimensions where there is no time, time running backwards or time all at once.
It also tells me that no matter the dimension, time occurs in an order of Present to Past and Future does not exist.
Energy exists, energy is movement, movement is change of state, change of state is directional.
Even if a state change reverses, it is still changing state from current present to a new present.
The only way to stop time is to cause the entire Universe to freeze at absolute zero. To do that, anything that interacts with the Universe must also be absolute zero, including all dimensions.

Last edited:
It is far from my field but have either you guys come across the 'Arrow of Time' concept (sometimes called "Time's Arrow")? The Wikipedia article is pretty interesting reading and both of you guys are touching upon the various arguments spread out among the various types of arrow. In short, though, the concept was that natural progression moves in only one direction of time, forward.

A recent experiment (latter half of 2017) however showed that, at least at a quantum particle level, that the arrow could be reversed. ‘Arrow of time’ reversed in quantum experiment

The new result, however, “shows that the arrow of time is not an absolute concept, but a relative concept,” says study coauthor Eric Lutz, a theoretical physicist at the University of Erlangen-Nürnberg in Germany. Different systems can have arrows of time that point in different directions, Lutz says. While the arrow was apparently reversed for the two quantum particles the researchers studied, for example, the arrow pointed in its typical direction in the rest of the laboratory.

Our understanding of the universe is still in it's infancy stage.

Interesting observation. What I'm reading in the linked article is that the observation was dealing with heat transference,
Led by physicist Roberto Serra of the Federal University of ABC in Santo André, Brazil, the experimenters manipulated molecules of chloroform, which are made of carbon, hydrogen and chlorine atoms. The scientists prepared the molecules so that the temperature — judged by the probability of an atom’s nucleus being found in a higher energy state — was greater for the hydrogen nucleus than for the carbon. When the two nuclei’s energy states were uncorrelated, the heat flowed as normal, from hot hydrogen to cold carbon. But when the two nuclei had strong enough quantum correlations, heat flowed backward, making the hot nucleus hotter and the cold nucleus colder.
Heat is not time. Heat causes time but only from the perspective that it is moving (changing State). The way I understand it, time is not the amount of state change but is the actual change of state from one present state to a different present state. Even if the hot particle was super hot and the cold particle was just above absolute zero, time is happening for both particles already. Because both particles are moving (changing State)
moves in only one direction of time, forward
It does but the state does not move into the future. It moves into the past.

Think of it as a series of photographs.
You have a current "Now' state.
Energy (movement) causes a new State of Now.
The old state (the first one) is in the past now.
That old state has been replaced by the state resulting from the change.
Since the next state of now has not happened, it does not exist.

The directionality of time's arrow is from present to past. It can only be from present to past.

This is why in time travel there is what is known as paradox and why alternate timelines allow for time travel.
If I send a particle to a time state that has already happened, it creates a new state at the destination moment of now. It changes everything from that moment. The past states from that moment are different than the original past, a new past is created. Our minds ability to deduce how the past is recorded allows us to fathom 'Future' states. Future is a concept of using the past to try to predict the next change of state. For relative observation it is usually fairly accurate but the more precise the prediction the less accurate. The more distant the prediction the less accurate. This is because the Universe exists as a whole, and chaos (which we don't fully grasp) interacts in the state change.

To precisely forecast a state change, we would need to not only know (and understand) the exact state of the entire Universe at that given moment, We would need to know (and understand) all previous states of the entire Universe's past.
When you drop a pen in front of you, you can predict that it will hit the floor. Most of the time you are going to be right. BUT, sometimes it doesn't hit the floor. There are millions if not billions of reasons why it might not hit the floor. It is our memory of a pen hitting the floor that causes us to expect it to. To the point of when it does not happen like we expect, we are often startled or perplexed at why it didn't result as expected. Our ability to predict the future was changed.
Now, when we do experience the pen hitting the floor, nothing changes the fact that in the past, the pen hit the floor. You can delude yourself into believing that it didn't but the state has already happened. To reverse time's arrow, would mean that the pen has to unhit the floor. However, to change that past, every state change that occurred at that moment of now has to also be undone.
So, you're not just causing the pen to unhit the floor.
You are causing the sound to unhappen, the molecules that produce the sound have to unvibrate, the heat generated bu the movement has to be unmade, the heat transfer to other atoms has to be undone, the defection of atomic forces have to be unrepelled and so on. The entire spectrum of "Butterfly Effect" that ripples out from the event to the entire Universe must be first stopped then undone.

But, here's the kicker...
The change of state that results in the undoing occurs as time.
This means that even tho you backed up the motion to a previous state that action is resulting in state changes.
You can flip thru a series of photographs to witness time.
You can flip backward thru the same photographs to witness time in reverse.
But, everytime a photo is changed, time passes.
Relative to the observer, time seems to be reversed but relative to the state of the Universe time progresses.

Interesting observation. What I'm reading in the linked article is that the observation was dealing with heat transference,...............

But, here's the kicker...
The change of state that results in the undoing occurs as time.
This means that even tho you backed up the motion to a previous state that action is resulting in state changes.
You can flip thru a series of photographs to witness time.
You can flip backward thru the same photographs to witness time in reverse.
But, everytime a photo is changed, time passes.
Relative to the observer, time seems to be reversed but relative to the state of the Universe time progresses.

STOP! - Everything you write Tom makes sense whether I agree with it or not - But let's not get off the
topic, the prime thesis: "I AM SCIENCE FICTION" {or We are Science Fiction} - This is not a science
forum and I am not a scientist.

Yes, we want to play off of known science to give better credence to our science fiction
- However let us not compete with science - We {at least I am} a 'Sciencefictionalist"
- Our World is not ruled by science - It is ruled by our minds, our reality, our world,
and our world vision.

Sometime in the distant future the elders will gather together to wrtie a new history of the universe
- And it will be seen that it was not science that opened the gates of the future
- It was the 'Sciencefctionalists' of yesterday that brought us to tomorrow............

Ultimately science does not rule our World - 'We' rule science - And We rule the universe!

And if we are not happy with one World - We create another

No time, no space, and no dimensions limit us - Infinity is our ocean - And it is never big enough

Our very existence creates an unlimited paradigm of limitlessness -

We do not understand limits - To us limits do not exist!

"We have no right to assume that any physical laws exist, or if they have existed up to now,
they will continue to exist in a similar manner in the futrure."
- Max Planck, The Universe in the Light of Modern Physics

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Way of the FUTURE
UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION: SCIENCEFICTIONALISM the Way of the FUTURE

Last edited:
Ultimately science does not rule our World - 'We' rule science - And We rule the universe!
Nature rules the world, we are part of nature.
Reality rules the Universe, we are part of reality.
Even our imagination is part of reality.
Since we are part of the Universe and we can imagine science fiction the Universe imagines science fiction.
In the scale of cosmological decades it is thought that over the entire span of the Universe's existence everything that can be imagined will or already has occurred in reality.

Infinity is our ocean - And it is never big enough
Infinity both cannot and must exist.

To us limits do not exist!
Limits always exist by relativity however relativity may not have limits.

play off of known science to give better credence to our science fiction
Science fiction requires science or it is fantasy.
However, our trend of science is entering a new stage.
The stage in which fantasy does have basis in science.

In creating science fiction and pushing the limits, we must understand that common knowledge is more scientifically minded than ever before.

Nothing ruins a science fiction concept more than having the science component based on inaccurate science that people know.
For instance, in the past, people were described, depicted as being able to go outside a space craft and walk around on the craft without a suit. If you created a science fiction work that implied that were science, most people alive today would scoff and scream pure fantasy. Yet in the 1930s, people didn't commonly understand space and it was accepted.

It is the duty of science fiction creators to research the science they base their works on so it causes awe and wonder and inspires imagination. Its the "what if" factor that is based on known science and expands the imaginations.

People are getting smarter. People are inquisitive. People will take your science fiction concepts and tear them apart, say why not and try to make it reality. They will use those concepts to push the boundaries of science, they will innovate, invent and theorize to make the fiction a reality. When those realities are achieved, they will look to new science fiction based on that new science to push it even further.
Imagination drives invention and innovation.

Science fiction can't be acknowledged without accurate science. New science requires imagination to become. Much of the imagination that drives science comes from science fiction. Fiction based on science.

SCIENCEFICTIONALISM
I don't need a term to explain science fiction. The term already exists, Imagination.
What you are doing honors science fiction.
There are a lot of people that really do think science fiction is represented by the syfy channel.
There are a lot of people that don't really understand what science fiction means.
I can't count how many times, in mixed company, I have heard people say "I don't care for science fiction all it is are bad, cheesy movies and shows." People that have never read any science fiction and don't understand the concepts involved.

I have participated in movie groups where enlightenment occurs when you explain the science behind the science fiction. The avid science fiction fan can recognise the science in the science fiction. The "What If" scenario has more meaning. Accuracy in the baseline science validates the science fiction.

Consider this:
"Human beings breathe air"
Yes, its true that we breathe air. We don't breathe water or dirt and we do breathe.
It is a general statement that is true in a sense.

Consider this:
"Human beings breathe Nitrogen plus Oxygen and other trace gasses"
We are nitrogen breathers. We need oxygen to survive but we mostly breathe nitrogen.
This is a more precise statement that defines us better.

Most children learn about the composition of our atmosphere in grade school.
We know we breathe nitrogen yet commonly we are described as oxygen breathers which is generally true but not accurate as a descriptor. As the population becomes more and more aware of the science, accuracy becomes more important to the science fiction concept.

If you are describing an alien that breathes carbon monoxide but requires methane to survive, their breather should be described as carbon monoxide with methane in it. It gives the science fiction a capacity of validity because it indicates a representation of an atmosphere we understand.

We know that Vulcan blood is copper based instead of iron as in Humans, making it appear green instead of red. This is shown when bruised or bleeding as well as in Bones' insults to Spock.
Like Vulcans, Romulans have pointed ears, upswept eyebrows, and copper-based blood (Hemocyanin) that is green when oxygenated in the arteries and copper or rust-colored when deoxygenated in the veins.
Its the attention to the science that gives science fiction validity.
Most people would never catch the significance but the science fiction fan looks for those scientific distinctions.

Back