I AM SCIENCE FICTION

A few interesting quotes on Science Fiction:

"“Science fiction is the most important literature in the history of the world, because it's the history of ideas, the history of our civilization birthing itself. ...Science fiction is central to everything we've ever done, and people who make fun of science fiction writers don't know what they're talking about.”
― Ray Bradbury

"“Man is an artifact designed for space travel. He is not designed to remain in his present biologic state any more than a tadpole is designed to remain a tadpole.”
― William S. Burroughs

“Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction -- its essence -- has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all.”
― Isaac Asimov

“One of the things I've always liked about science fiction is the way it makes you think about things, and look at things from angles you'd never have thought about before.”
― Jo Walton, Among Others

“It's better to die in pursuit of your dreams than to live a life without hope.”
― Terry Brooks, Star Wars - Episode I: The Phantom Menace

“General fiction is pretty much about ways that people get into problems and screw their lives up. Science fiction is about everything else.”
― Marvin Minsky

“Science fiction is held in low regard as a branch of literature, and perhaps it deserves this critical contempt. But if we view it as a kind of sociology of the future, rather than as literature, science fiction has immense value as a mind-stretching force for the creation of the habit of anticipation. Our children should be studying Arthur C. Clarke, William Tenn, Robert Heinlein, Ray Bradbury and Robert Sheckley, not because these writers can tell them about rocket ships and time machines but, more important, because they can lead young minds through an imaginative exploration of the jungle of political, social, psychological, and ethical issues that will confront these children as adults.”
― Alvin Toffler, Future Shock

“I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.
—John Cavil, Cylon Model Number One, “No Exit” ― Patrick Di Justo, The Science of Battlestar Galactica

“I don't think humanity just replays history, but we are the same people our ancestors were, and our descendants are going to face a lot of the same situations we do. It's instructive to imagine how they would react, with different technologies on different worlds. That's why I write science fiction -- even though the term 'science fiction' excites disdain in certain persons.”
― Kage Baker

"“There are always possibilities.”
― Jack B. Sowards, Star Trek II: The Wrath Of Khan: Photostory

Universal Space Alien Peoples Association
UNIVERSAL SPACE ALIEN PEOPLES ASSOCIATION

Back in the day, I had a Avionics college professor from Germany, talk about Star Trek style sci-fi coming to pass. This was back in 1988, so we didn't have flip phones or hand held devices, an the internet was still a military product for communication. The gent was deep, he talked about beaming up being possible, he talked about warp drive, he talked about phasers and anything sci-fi in general. After the avionics lessons he talked sci-fi for the rest of the period. I got an "A" in his class because he was extremely intelligent, non judge mental, and interesting to listen to. You could even hear a pin drop during this intelligent professors speaches, I miss that guy!:cheers::popcorn:

“Today we live in a society in which spurious realities are manufactured by the media, by governments, by big corporations, by religious groups, political groups... So I ask, in my writing, What is real? Because unceasingly we are bombarded with pseudo-realities manufactured by very sophisticated people using very sophisticated electronic mechanisms. I do not distrust their motives; I distrust their power. They have a lot of it. And it is an astonishing power: that of creating whole universes, universes of the mind. I ought to know. I do the same thing.”
Philip K. Dick

Hmmm, I believe in the Good Book, to me and many others its old, proven and trusted. Today things are warped and contorted to serve the wealthy and to confuse the dim witted. Nuff said. As Skynard sang "Be a simple Kind of man. and if you cant see it my way, Tough cookies, I just don't give a horses patootie, cause I know where im a headed. Sci-fi dude has spoken.....
386319926-88e19a0ab231cc0e77759a3a3a74c5e7.jpg
Amen!2b1623dbb38f0088294adeb3400207e2.jpg

But I AM SCIENCE FICTION.......

Not good, not bad - Not ruled by devils or angels - but listening to all, calculating, redefining, reanimating

Dimensionally and physically unlimited - Outside of time and space - He who creates time and space

The definer of the unlimited - First among equals - And Last among unequals.

"I AM SCIENCE FICTION"

-AlienView

But I AM SCIENCE FICTION.......

Not good, not bad - Not ruled by devils or angels - but listening to all, calculating, redefining, reanimating

Dimensionally and physically unlimited - Outside of time and space - He who creates time and space

The definer of the unlimited - First among equals - And Last among unequals.

"I AM SCIENCE FICTION"

-AlienView
You truly are sci fi

You truly are sci fi

Yeah, I guess you could consider Dr. Who the big boss in TV sci-fi - Longest running sci-fi series in TV history, endlessly creative with never a dull moment - The almost immortal time traveler who knows no limits.

Be sure to see the time tunnel in this video - those of you who have done some time traveling will
see a familiar image of how it looks:

Doctor Who Themes (All of Them)

I AM SCIENCE FICTION - I SHOW YOU A FUTURE TO CONQUER AND TAME - TO RULE OVER

TO DESTROY THE DEMONS OF THE PAST THAT ARE HOLDING YOU BACK

I GIVE YOU THE OPPORTUNITY TO BECOME A SUPER-HERO.

TAKE THE FUTURE - LIVE IT - LOVE IT - CONQUER IT AND BECOME ONE WITH IT

I AM SCIENCE FICTION! - I AM THE FUTURE OF MAN - I AM THE FUTURE OF THE UNIVERSE

Back