I Can't Imagine

Title: I Can't Imagine
Author: Kate
Disclaimer: I do not own these characters. They all belong on ABC and JJ

this is my first fan fic...EVER!!!!!! please read and reply. I will try to update as soon as possible. I start school next Monday so that might slow me down. I would love some help with this so if you would like to help please PM. I only really need one person. But I really need some help with this.

completeme2.gif

I Can’t Imagine

Chapter 1
“I love you Syd, that’s why I need to tell you something, just so there are no secrets between us”
“Ok. Whatever it is I can handle it. Just don’t tell me you’re a bad guy.”
“. . . . . . .”
“You’re not a bad guy are you?”
“Well that depends on who you ask.”
“Vaughn!?”

Sydney was almost dreading about what he was going to say next.

“It was a long time ago. It was before we met. Actually the reason we met. It was no accident that I was the one you came to when you walked in the CIA with your story about SD-6"

Sydney did not understand what Vaughn was telling her. What did he do that might cause the love of her life to be a bad guy?

“Wait I don’t understand. Vaughn, what are you telling me?”

The next and last thing he said, she wished he never said.

“Well for starters my name isn’t Michael Vaughn.”

She did not know what to say or how to react. She didn’t have time to. Before she was able to even soak in what her fiancé just told her, the crashed.

Well Sydney is lying in her hospital bed, thinking about what happened. She just regained conscious about five minuets. But she did not open her eyes yet. She could feel a presence in the room. She laid there listening to what this person was saying.

“Please Lord. Don’t let her leave me again. I don’t want to live life without her again. The last time I nearly died without her. I love her too much. I just wont her to know that. I want to tell her I love her. I want to see those gorgeous brown eyes of hers again. I can’t imagine my life without her.”

Sydney didn’t have to think twice about who was there in the room with her. It was none other than her fiancé. But the problem was, she no idea who he was. She turned her head to look at the man she loved so much. He had his eyes closed and his head was hanging down, so he had no idea that she was awake.

“God, don’t let me miss a chance to tell her how much I love her.”

Sydney didn't know what to think. He loves me. He really loves me. I never realized till now how much he loves me. No telling how long he has sat next to me waiting for me to wake up.

“Lord, I don’t think she knows how much I love her. She probably hates me, but I still love her. I just want to tell her that.”

“You just did.” Vaughn slowly picked his head up and looked at the woman he loves so much.

“Sydney! You’re awake! How much did you hear?”

“Enough.” “Syd I’m so sorry for what happened. It was all my fault. I should have protected you better than I did.”

Vaughn was crying. “My guardian angel.” Tears were streaming down both of their faces.

“About what I was saying before we crashed…”

“Shh…” Syd put a finger to his mouth before he could go on. “Tell me later. Wait until I’m better.”

“Are you sure?”

“Positive.”

Vaughn smiled. Then Syd thought of something.

“Are we ever going to get to Santa Barbara?” She laughed.

“I don’t know. Maybe we could go in a couple of weeks.” Vaughn replied with a smile on his face.

“I’d like that”

Thank you all so much for reading. I didn't think any one would read it. I'm glad you like it. I will try to get an update by tomorrow. If I don't I'm sorry.

PM List
Spy girl21
vaughnshoney
vaughnsgurl4lf
secretfriend220
luckylass
Syd Vaughn
Nicky Bristow
Syd26
hawkeye
shotput25ash

EDIT: Also I already have someone helping me. Thanks for all of you willing to help. BUT I will take any sugestions. I love sugestions! Thanks!

I just saw the PM list so I should tell you that my username is Syd_ Vaughn (underline space V) so I get a PM when the next chapter comes
As I said before I can't wait for more :D

Sorry Syd_ Vaughn didn't see that. I know I said I'll try to update by tomorrow, but.... change of plans. I'm leaving to go camping in the morning, and I probably won't be back until Friday, maybe. I will try to write 2 new chapters for you all. Maybe 3. I start school Monday :angry: . lol oh well. Maybe I will be bored out of my mind enough to write some more. lol. sorry for the lateness. :hide:

This is really great. It is so nice to know that Vaughn really loves Syd, and that she believes him. Pm me when you update?

Thank!

I'm back. Yay! and I have already written the next 3 chapters! But i'm not going to post them all right now. Thank you all for reading this. I'll post the next chapter soon.

Chapter 2

7 days earlier

“Hey Dixon! How are you feeling?”

“Fine. You?”

“Good.”

“Syd, I’ve been wondering for a while now, was it your mother that I saw before I was shot?”

“Yes it was.”

“Why was she shackled?”

“She was being held prisoner by Elena.”

“Oh. Did you find her?”

“Yes. She helped us stop Elena and her endgame.”

“Is she in custody?”

“No, she got away.”

“How?”

“When we were trying to help Nadia with her bullet wound, she escaped. She did leave a letter, saying how proud she was of me.”

Sydney started to tear up a little, not just because her mother leaving, but she lied to Dixon. She vouldn’t tell him that her father let her go, or that would get him in trouble to.

“God I miss her.”

“You do?”

“Of coarse. She is my mother, no matter what she has done.”

“Ya. You’re right. You said that Nadia had a bullet wound. What happened? Is she alright?”

“Elena infected her with some type of tap water that the rest of Savogda was infected with. She had no idea how to control herself. So she attacked me. I was able to knock her out for a couple of minuets. While I was trying to disable the mular devise, she came up behind me and started chocking me. I wasn’t able to get her off of me. I thought I was a goner. But then I heard a gunshot. When I was able to breath, I saw who shot Nadia… It was Sloane. He shot her to save the mission. Right now her vitals are stable, but we haven’t found a cure for the infection. And Sloane is in custody.”

“Nadia will make it.”

”I know. She’s strong. (pause) I truly believe he was doing the right thing.”

Sydney was on the verge of crying. She lowered her head and saw the ring on her hand. She began to smile.

“It was so nice to see Nadia meet our mom. Nadia didn’t even have to tell her who she was. Mom knew exactly who she was. I wanted to cry they were so happy. “Sydney was smiling. Dixon noticed.

“Syd?”

”Hmm?”

”You’re glowing.”

“No I’m not.”

Dixon gave her that look the says ‘You’re fibbing.’

“Do you remember the last time you told me that?”

Dixon nodded. “Ya and you never admitted it either. For some reason you never told me why you were so happy that day.”

“Ya. Well, the reason I was glowing that day was because Danny proposed earlier that day. There was no way that smile could be wiped off my face. But as you know, it was, when Danny dies.” Sydney started to tear up again. “I never thought I could love again. I gave up on having a relationship. At least until I was out of this would we live in. But then I met Vaughn. When I first met him, I was just told a few hours ago that what I didn’t for a living was a lie. So at that point I didn’t trust anyone. The first couple of times we met, I was a real ass toward him. Then I got to know him better. And her got to know me. The first couple of months I know him, I thought he was married. When I found out he wasn’t, I was halfway relived. About a month after that, they broke up. A couple of weeks after that we found out that my mother killed his father. I wanted out of this like after I found out my mother was a criminal. That day SD-6 was under attack by Cole. I was going in there to quit. But I decided no to. Actually it was Vaughn who made me change my mind. Another part of me that wanted to quit that day was because I thought I might have a chance to have a relationship with Vaughn. Well I decided to wait until I was able to be seen in public with him, which meant we had to take down SD-6 first.”

Sydney paused to let what she just said soak in.

“Do you remember the mission to Nice? When we had to get the gyroscope?”

Dixon hesitated “Yes. I remember your alias too. Purple, spiked hair, punked out.” Dixon laughed.

So did Sydney. “Well after you and I split up, I met with Vaughn so the CIA could duplicate the gyroscope. While we were waiting for the duplicate to be ready, Vaughn asked me to dinner. Now that I think about it, I think Weiss pressured him to ask me.” Dixon laughed.

“So I agreed.”

“I thought you said you were going to wait until SD-6 was taken down?”

“Well, you see, my first thought was ‘What if Security Section found us and killed us?’ But Vaughn assured me it would be fine. We were wrong.”

Dixon looked shocked. He was getting worried.

“Ariana Kane’s agents spotted us and fired at us. So after we got away, we agreed that it would be best not to go out in public until The Alliance was destroyed.” Sydney stopped.

“So what happened with you two next?”

“The night The Alliance was destroyed, after I saved my father, I saw you. And you told me ‘Don’t talk to me again.’ I was about to break down after that. I thought I lost you as a friend.”

“Syd, I’m so sorry I said those things to you.”

“It’s ok”

“Wait a minute. After I said that to you, the officer took me to another part of that room. While he was talking to someone else, I saw, what looked like, two people kissing in the middle of the aftermath of what was left of SD-6…Was that you and Vaughn?”

Sydney was a little embarrassed. “Well, unless there were two other CIA agents madly in love with each other that night, then yes, that was us.”

“I had no idea that was you, even afterwards. When I saw that happening, I thought ‘They were madly in love.’ After that, I started thinking about Diane and me, after I told her the truth.” Dixon started crying. “Now that I know who those two people are and I look back on that night, my intensions could never be more right. You and Vaughn are destined to be together.”

Sydney was so happy of what her just said. “I know Vaughn loved you. After you died, I watched him suffer. One day he was in the office and he collapsed, and started crying right in the middle of the rotunda. When you came back, and even thought her was married, I could tell he still loved you.”

Sydney blushed.

“Anyway, why are you glowing?”

“I’m not going to tell you.”

“Syd, please. You owe me.”

“How do I owe you?”

“Well you lied to me all those times at SD-6.”

“There is a difference between lying and not telling.”

“SYDNEY ANNE BRISTOW!”

“Ok, fine.”

Sydney paused. She could not believe she was saying this. After six long years she was finnaly saying it.

“Vaughn proposed. We’re getting married!”

“Oh my God, Syd, congratulations!” Dixon embraced her in a huge hug.

“Thank you.”
“Let me see that ring.”

Sydney extended her left hand that her engagement ring was on.

“Danm. You are one lucky girl to have a man like Vaughn.”

“I’m so grateful.”

“I kind of feel sorry for Vaughn.”

“And why is that?”

“For having to ask ‘The Jack Bristow’ if he can marry his only daughter.” They laughed.

“Funny thing about that. My father didn’t torture Michael as bad as he did Danny. And the other this is I’m not his only child. Nadia is my full sister."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Hope you liked it! I'm off to send PMs! R/R please!

wow. haha. i love the whole glowing part! :smiley: thanks for the PM.

oooh. nadia is her full sister? i thought sloane made sure nadia was his child? but ... awesome!! ;D

Back