I Can't Imagine

Yay!! Nadia woke up, that's great!! I can't wait for Sydney and Michael to go to Santa Barbara.

Awesome chapter. can't wait for more.
°°NiCkY°°

I don't know when I'll write their trip to Santa Barbra. Might be the next chapter. Or maybe to 30th. Mwahahahaha :devil: Ok, I'm not THAT mean.

I know my writing is kind of sucky, so if you have any suggestions please PM me. All suggestions are accepted also :D

Hey guys! I can't believe I'm saying this....

BUT I'M UPDATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I won't have it up till I come home from school. Its 11:50 here, and I'm having to get offline. I'm almost done with this chapter. I'm going to go ahead and say this now, but if you haven't read "Close Quarters" and you are planning to read it, SPOILERS ARE AHEAD for those who are going to read, and have not finished reading the book. I love it! And I just wanted to write about that mission.

Next update should be tomorrow!

Until tomorrow!

~*Katy*~ <o>

Hey guys! I'm going to try to update this and send out PMs before I leave for school.

As I said before, if you are reading or plan to read "Close Quarters: A Michael Vaughn Novel" there are SPOILERS ahead. But that should be it. Ever since I read that book, I just wanted to write about the fact that they saw each other, before October 1st.

I'm going to try a POV, so be nice. It got a little repeadative with the " '...' Said Vaughn, and '...' Said Syd. So I decided to take a turn in my writing. COMMENTS ARE WELCOMED!!!!!! I don't mind quotes either. I acctually enjoy those also.

Enjoy :P

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 7

Syd’s POV

Have you ever felt so happy, and glad that everything in your life is going right and happy that you have that feeling? But you are so scared at the same time that you are going to lose it? That’s how I feel, every day of my life. I love Vaughn. But because of our jobs, and our lives are going right now, I know something is going to go wrong sooner or later. I don’t know what my life would be without Vaughn. I feel bad saying this, but maybe Weiss is right. Maybe Danny had to die. Because Danny died, I met Vaughn, and I learned the truth about the people I was working for.

On the way home from the hospital we were in total silence. We silently listen to the radio. Half way home, my favorite song came on.

I still hear your voice, when you sleep next to me.
I still feel your touch in my dreams.
Forgive me my weakness, but I don't know why.
Without you it's hard to survive.

“Oh I love this song!” Vaughn just looks over at me, and smiles. “I didn’t know like songs like this.” “Of coarse I do! It reminds me of us. This song describes me. What it feels like every time we touch, or kiss.” “It’s always been like that. Since October 1, 2001, every time you touched me I could feel that little spark between us. And when you hug me, like when I first found out about my mother, it was like fireworks going off in me.”

Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling.
And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side.
Cause everytime we touch, I feel this static.
And everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky.
Can't you hear my heart beat so.
I can't let you go.
Want you in my life.

“It’s always been like that. Since October 1, 2001, every time you touched me I could feel that little spark between us. And when you hug me, like when I first found out about my mother, it was like fireworks going off in me.”

Your arms are my castle, your heart is my sky.
They wipe away tears that I cry.
The good and the bad times, we've been through them all.
You make me rise when I fall.

“Me too Sydney, me too.”

Cause everytime we touch, I get this feeling.
And everytime we kiss I swear I could fly.
Can't you feel my heart beat fast, I want this to last.
Need you by my side.
Cause everytime we touch, I feel this static.
And everytime we kiss, I reach for the sky.
Can't you hear my heart beat so.
I can't let you go.
Want you in my life.

When the song finished, Vaughn leaned over and in-twined our hands together. “I love you Syd. I can’t wait to start my life with you.” “Neither can I.”

We sat in silence the rest of the ride home, just enjoying each other’s company. Ten minuets later something occurred to me. “Vaughn, are we going to my house or your house? Better yet, am I moving into your house, or are you moving into mine?” “Well, it already feels like we’re living at your place, and plus I don’t really have a place. It’s more of an apartment. I’m renting right now. It didn’t make any sense for me to buy a whole new place, cause I knew in my heart, we would be together soon.” “Ya, your right. You want to move in this weekend?” “Woah, wait a minute! What if I have something planned for us this weekend?” “Do you?” “Well, I was planning on trying to go to Santa Barbara again. Do you think it’s to soon?” “I have a better idea. How bout we get married there? And go to Paris or somewhere for our honeymoon?” “That perfect!” “And we can have the reception at La Superica.” “I couldn’t think of anything better.” “Oh, I think you could. It’s just that I thought of it before you.” “Your right.” “You know I am”

We finally arrived at my, “our” place. It just feels so normal. Saying “our” place. “Go ahead and get started. I’m going to take a shower and change.” “Ok.”

An hour later, I emerged from the bedroom to find a candle-lit dinner for two. I was in aw. “Vaughn, have I ever mentioned how much I love you?” “Yes. But go ahead, tell me again.” I walked over to him and put one arm around his neck, while the other stroked his face. “I love you.” He leaned in and captured my lips with his. Soon, our hands were traveling. The need for oxygen came and we separated. “Vaughn, as much as I would love to continue this, I’m hungry, and I don’t think the food will be as good if it is reheated.” “You’re right.” He said in a very sad tone as he backed away. “Maybe later.” “OK!” I stifle a laugh. He’s like a little kid. You tell the child that if he behaves, we’ll get ice cream later. Then their like putty in your hands.

Twenty minutes later, we were curled up on the couch together. I don’t know why I started this conversation, but I was curious. “Tell me about your early missions with the CIA.” He looked at me like I just went crazy. “What?” “I want to know how “Agent Vaughn” came to be.” “We’ll, for my most interesting assignment, I had to pretty much baby sit the daughter of Italy’s president. It wasn’t fun. See, there was speculation that someone was going to assassinate the president, and the CIA was afraid that they would go after family members. So, I was hired to over her. She was a spoiled brat. She took me everywhere with her. Clubs, dinner, shopping, she even took me to Victoria’s Secret.” “Aw, poor baby.” “We’ll I don’t mind going with you. Anyway, we believed that the people that were going to kill her father was ‘La Rappresaglia’. Well, turned out that my baby sittie was the head of this so called ‘La Rappresaglia’ and was going to kill her own father. To tell you the truth, I was actually falling for her. I was so dumb to. She was half my age, and I knew better. I swore to myself from that day on, that I would never fall for a woman on the job again. Never. But I made an exception, for you.” I was about to cry. He made an exception, for me. Me. How many other girls were apart of his job since then? And I was an exception? This guy really does love me. But he wasn’t done. “The other bad part of that job was that I was to dress up as a homeless man and survey a meet. My outfit STUNK! I had to take three showers just to get the smell out. We believed that the girl’s bodyguard was going to be the one to kill her father. We heard that he was buying weapons from the black market. Turns out that he was buying them to protect the president. Well, whomever the guy was meeting with believed he was “La Rappresaglia” also. The woman he was meeting with started to torture him, but before she had a chance to get any information from him, she spotted me. I ran, and apparently she ran after me.”

Something seemed to familiar with this mission he was telling me. I was on an assignment for SD-6 to find out about a group called “La Rappresaglia”. But I didn’t get any information for them because… “Oh My God!”

“What, what is it?!”

“Back in my early years at SD-6, I was on a mission to find out about “La Rappresaglia”. I was posing as a merchant for the black market to sell someone whom we were led to believe was a member of “La Rappresaglia” I was just about to get the information from him when I spotted a homeless person watching us. So, I chased after him. Was the guy you were watching named Dominic?” “Ya, Oh. My. God.”

“THAT WAS YOU?!?!?!?” We both screamed at the same time.

“So that’s why my heart was doing flip-flops once I was at safe distance. I just saw you. Small world isn’t it?”

“You’re telling me!”

“I’m not lying, after I was at safe distance, I realized that my heart was about to come out of my chest, and not just cause that woman was chasing me. It was because she was the love of my life. That woman was you Sydney. You are my soul mate. We were meant for each other. That just proves it!”

“My heart was doing that to. Wow, I’m still shocked.”

“Me too. Maybe when we go to work tomorrow, we can see about pulling those mission files and see if they were a match.”

“They probably are, but I guess it wouldn’t hurt to double check.” Suddenly something came to me. I started to laugh. “What’s so funny?” “I just remembered about what happened when I came back from that mission. See, Sloane wanted to learn about that group really badly. And when I handed him my report, and he read through it, he started swearing. Not at me though.” I stopped to let out a laugh. “He said and I quote, “If ever find out who that homeless man was who infiltrated our meet, I will kill him with my bare hands!”” Vaughn’s reaction was priceless. “Uh, maybe I shouldn’t go into work tomorrow.” “Vaughn, Sloane isn’t the head of our division anymore, my father is.” “That’s right.” “Even if Sloane still was, I’m sure he would just forget about it. We found out about them later. So its all in the past.” “Good to know.”

I tried to hide back my yawn, but Vaughn saw it. “You ready for bed?” “Ya, I guess I was more tired that I thought I was.” “Well, let’s get to bed.” “Ok.”

Vaughn stood up and reached down and offered his hand to me. I took it without question, and we headed to the bedroom for a peaceful night’s sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hope you liked it! I wrote that last night. Just a little spur-of-the-moment thing. I just finished 2 lessons in math and wanted to do something. So while watching Grey's Anatomy last night, I wrote this. I used Microsoft Word, so there shouldn't be that much spelling errors. If they are they are mine. Grammer errors, I'm not so sure, so those are mine too. :D

The next update should be soon :angelic: granted I feel like writing a chapter, and if I have time.

Well, if I'm going to get those PMs out I need to do that now.

Oh, before I forget, please say something like "Thanks for the Pm" cause I'm not always so sure if they get sent out. And I think I end up sending them 3 or 4 times. Thanks

~*Katy*~ <o>

I just read your entire fic. It is great. :smiley: I am so happy that Nadia is awake and that soon she will be engaged too. Can I please be added to your pm list?
thanks
laquetha

I just read your entire fic. It is great. :smiley: I am so happy that Nadia is awake and that soon she will be engaged too. Can I please be added to your pm list?
thanks
laquetha

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'm still a little hesitant on which direction this story is going to go, and for how many chapters. I don't really think I'm that good of a writer. Hopefully, with summer coming up, I'll have more time to write. I got out of school early today...for rain. Can you believe it? RAIN! :angry: I mean, when its snowing, and there's snow on the ground, we go to school. But if its raining, we get out! Thats just plain STUPID! Oh well. I'm just glad we got out early. :D I'll go and start on the next chapter now. If I'm done by tonight, I'll post it.

If you haven't noticed, I'm trying to catch up with all the MONTHS I've been away with this story.

Well, I'm off to the writing board! :D (ok THAT was lame :confused: ) lol :lol:

~*Katy*~ < o >

Well, I just wrote the next TWO count them TWO! Chapters! :D

I think I'm going to stick with this layout. This POV thing. I just prefer it better.

I have decided to add a new character to my story. They're new, but I didn't make them up. Any guesses?

If you want to go ahead and guess before you read, go ahead and guess and come back and read this chapter. Just leave a comment telling me your guess.

Do you all really like this story the way its going? I'm thinking about writing another story that takes place during season 2. I LOVE those stories. The season 2 stories.

Oh and for those of you wondering if Sydney is pregnant in this story, if I haven't said already, I don't really like the idea of her being pregnant. Sorry. :( It just kind of ruined this season. :mad: So, if I do add the pregnancy, it won't be until the end of the story. Unless I have a change of hear :angelic:

PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! comment! I LOVE :love: comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really sad, cause I haven't gotten a lot of comments. I've always wanted like 20-30 comments between each update. So, tell all of your friends about this if you want to. It would make my day. :D

Well, heres chapter 9 enjoy! :P

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 8

The next morning, we awoke to the sound of an alarm clock going off. “Damn that alarm clock.” I said as I shut the thing off. I laid back down and faced Vaughn. He was smiling at me. “What’s that look for?” “I was just admiring at how grouchy you are in the mornings.” “Ya, your saying that now. Just wait. A year from now, I’ll still be like this, and you won’t like it so much.” “I’m sure I will.” “Whatever.” With that, I got out of bed and hopped in the shower.

Thirty minutes later, I was busy drying my hair when Vaughn came into the room. “Syd, we need to get to APO now. Your father just called and said it was urgent!” “felgercarb! What else could go wrong?” “I don’t know, but it sounded like some major S*** was happening.” “Ok, I’m done lets go.”

As we rode over there, I wondered what could possibly be so urgent to get over there so fast.

As soon as we got here, we headed straight for the conference room. This had better be good. I thought as I sat down next to Vaughn. No sooner than I have sat down, my father came into the room. “Before we get started, I would like to introduce our new agent, Thomas Grace. He has agreed to become a permanent partner to APO.” “Dad, do you really think its wise to have someone new just jump right into what we’ve been working on for nearly a year? No offence.” I said to Tom. “Non taken.” He replied. “Agent Grace has all the qualities for the jobs ahead.” “What exactly is the job?”

“Our current job is Sark. He has been seen in the streets of Algeria. He went to a table and sat for close to an hour before, we suppose, an associate of his showed up. We believe that Sark is still looking for Rambaldi’s Sphere of Life. Now, we don’t know what his agenda is at this point, but we believe, since his former employer has been killed, that he is trying to reconstruct The Covenant.”

“Wait a minute. His employer was killed? I thought Mom was “The Man.” “No, she was not. The information about “The Man” came from a source we all known prisoner of ours.” “Katya.” “Yes. According to Katya, “The Man” is, or was, Elena Derevko.” “Wait a minute. Elena is dead?” came from Weiss. “I thought she got away.” “No she didn’t. When Irina was trying to get the necessary information from Elena, Elena told her to cut one wire. After that, Irina put a bullet through her head, and told Sydney to cut the other wire.”

I was still in disbelieve. “So, after five years of trying to find out just who “The Man” is, we finally find out who they were. And to learn this from Katya from all people? Dad, can we really trust her? Maybe she was just lying to us to get us thrown off the trail?” “I’m sure. I had someone sitting near the meet with Sark. He recorded the conversation and during the meet, Sark said that his employer was dead. Somehow, he found out about Savogda. Soon after we came back, I tasked a team to go back to the Oransky building and collect the Rambaldi artifacts. We have acquired all the Rambaldi artifacts that have been stolen.”

“Great. Now we have the biggest collection of Rambaldi artifacts again.” I said sarcastically. “Sydney now is not the time to be smart. Our job is to take Sark into custody. To do that, we are going to use bait.” It became clear to me. “You want to use the sphere to bring him out from hiding.” “Indeed. Sydney, Vaughn, Weiss and Grace, you will be going on this assignment. Dixon, I want you on comms. I expect a plan by 1500 hours. You’re dismissed.”

I walked back to my desk to start on a plan to capture Sark. I have been working for nearly an hour before I felt someone in my presence. “Hello. Sydney, isn’t it?” “Yes, Tom right?” “Yeah.” “So, what brings you to APO?” “I have been working for the CIA for nearly 10 years. I was about to quit cause of what I had been doing. I was always being sent on recon assignments. Then, I got an offer to join an elite black-ops section. I wanted to have some sort of challenge, so I took it without question.”

“That’s kind of how I joined APO. I had left for about two years, and came back and worked for close to a year, and decided that I had too many personnel connections with where I was currently working, but I didn’t want to move. So, I got the job offer from Chase, and I thought that I needed to serve my country the best I can. But, I was sort of tricked. Turned out that my archenemy actually requested that I join. Along with Vaughn, Dixon, and my father. So much for my plan. Actually, I like working here better. Your not as cramped as you are at the rotunda.” “I know what you mean.”

There was an awkward silence. “So, uh, I was actually wondering if you would like to maybe catch some lunch. I know I’m new here, but that’s the thing, I’m new here, and I hate having to eat alone. It’s like High School all over again.” “Well, you could join Vaughn and I for lunch.” “You and Vaughn? Oh, I was actually hoping just for you and I.” I tried not to laugh. “Tom, your really nice, and sweet. But I’m already spoken for.” I said as I held up my left hand. “OH. Oh. I’m so sorry. Congratulations. Who is the lucky guy? If you don’t mind me asking.” About that time Vaughn came over and gave me a gentle kiss.

“Hey honey. You have any ideas for lunch?” “I was thinking about that nice little café down around the corner. Do you mind if Tom joined us? I figured it could be nice to show him around and for us to get to know our new partner.” “Oh, I didn’t know you two were even dating. I don’t want to be a burden.” “Oh no, I insist you join us. We need to get to know each other sooner or later. And since we are going on a mission together in the next couple of days, I prefer sooner.” “Sure, come on join us. I believe I’m having to drag Weiss along with us anyway.” “Ok.”

About that time Weiss walked up to us. “What about having to drag me along? I can walk perfectly fine Thank. You. Very. Much!” “Oh Eric, we were just joking. We know that you would follow us even if we didn’t ask you.” “You don’t know that.” Vaughn and I gave him a stern look. “Ok, Ok. So maybe I would come. Is it a crime for me to hang out with my two best friends that I’ve known forever?” “Well, you’ve known me for only about six years. You’ve known Vaughn for nearly twenty years.” “Ya, ya. Whatever. Lets just go.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Fifteen minutes later, all four of us were seated with our food and just chatting.

“So Syd, do you mind if I call you Syd or would you prefer me to call you Sydney?” “Syd is fine. Everyone else calls me Syd, even though they’ve all practically known me forever.” “Well, about that, just that little bit you told me back at the office, about how you came to join APO, it sounds like you have a lot of history. Also, you said that your boss was you arch enemy. I thought our boss was your dad? Am I missing something here?”

“Well we might as well tell him everything that’s gone on since I walked into your lives. I started working for the CIA, or what I thought was the CIA, when I was nineteen. Seven years after working for what I thought was a black-ops division of the CIA, my boss, Arvin Sloane, killed my fiancé because I told him about where I really worked. So, then he went after me. My dad came and rescued me. He was the one to tell me the truth. So I went to the real CIA to bring them down. That’s where I met Vaughn and Weiss.”

“Ah, yes. The red, bozo hair. I remember when our Syd walked in. With her swollen jaw, red hair, and pissed off!” Weiss said while laughing. “Ugh, don’t remind me.” “Well, I happened to like the red, bozo hair.” Vaughn said. “Thats when I became Vaughn’s asset, and he, my handler. When, I was six, my mother had died in a car wreck. Truth be told, she didn’t, and her name wasn’t Laura, it was Irina. Irina Derevko.” “Wait a minute! Irina Derevko is YOUR mother!?”

“Yes.” The three of us said in unison.

“Woah. That must have been hard learning. Learning that the woman you idolized killed lots of people in cold blood. Including twelve CIA agents.” “Including my father.” Vaughn said. “Wow.” “Yeah.” “So anyway, with the help of my mother after she turned herself in, we brought down The Alliance.” “Where they FINALLY, and I mean FINALLY, showed their undying love for each other!” Said Weiss. “Shut up Weiss!” Vaughn said. “Yep, right in the middle of SD-6. They sucked each other’s face forever!”

“Anyway, yeah, that was when we started dating. Sloane escaped, so did my mother and Sark. So we were trying to track them down and arrest them. In the end, Sark was the only one we captured. Irina disappeared, and Sloane eventually got pardoned by the state.” Continued Vaughn.

“Thank god I was missing when that happened.” “I’m confused. I thought you said you left?” “Well, actually I was kidnapped by the Covenant for two years. Apparently I did get away eventually, but decided to become a double agent for the CIA instead of coming back. I think that was the biggest mistake of my life. I have no idea why I did that.” “Because you saw me with Lauren the night you contacted Kendall.”

“Who’s Lauren?” “Lauren was a Covenant spy, sent to marry me. Why I was so foolish to move on so soon after Sydney’s death still is a mystery to me. I lost faith. And I will NEVER make that mistake again.” “I was wrong to say that about Vaughn.” “No, it’s the truth. I did, and I’m sorry. I love you.” “I love you too.” He leaned down to me and captured my lips with his.

“Oh, come on! Guys, not in front of the new guy, especially me!” “Sorry Weiss. Won’t happen again.” “Like hell it won’t” Weiss said under his breath. “What was that?” Snapped Vaughn. “Nothing, nothing at all.”

“So, after we learned Lauren was the mole, I went after her, but Katya, Sydney’s aunt, stabbed me. So, Sydney thought Lauren stabbed me, and she went after Lauren. Because of my rouge op, Foster had the hospital guarded. But thanks to my best bud here,” Vaughn said while slapping Weiss’s back. “I escaped and went after Sydney. I got there at the right time. As soon as I got there, I saw Lauren take a gun and was about to shoot Syd. I yelled ‘stop’ and Lauren had her gun to Syd, while I had mine to Lauren. She made me lower my gun, but she was too dumb to turn away, cause the first chance I had, the gun was back in the air, and I ended up killing her. So after that I had to have a month of psyche eval, I was offered to work for APO.”

“While Vaughn was in DC, I went to Wittenberg, and learned that my father killed my mother. Turned out, Elena tricked my dad into thinking my mother had a hit on my life, so he killed her. But, it wasn’t my mom. It was a double of her, by using the Double Helix Program. I learned I had a sister about a year ago, and now here we are.”

“Wow, that’s a lot of history. What’s Dixon and Marshall have to do with all this?” “Well, Dixon was partner at SD-6, and Marshall was in charge of the technical stuff.” “Just a word of caution, Marshall tends to ramble a lot.” Weiss said as he leaned over to Tom. “Oh I know, I ran into him after the meeting this morning.” “Shut up, Marshall’s a sweetie.” “To you.” “Still.”

“Well, I think that’s all you need to know about us for this mission. Should there be anything we need to know about you?” Asked Vaughn. “Oh, nothing much. I’ve been field rated for nearly eight years now. I’ve gone on dozens of missions, reconnaissance, Alias, stealth, enough to know how to deal with the problem at hand.

I checked my watch. “Hey guys, we need to get back before my dad gets mad at us.” With that, we headed back to APO to begin our mission.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hope you all enjoyed it! :rolleyes: I liked this one. I thought it was my best. But I don't think my opinion matters....ITS YOURS!

So , comments are welcomed! VERY LONG COMMENTS are VERY WELCOMED!

I might select a few of you to receive a little preview for the next chapter.

I'll probablly wait until next week, or maybe the weekend to post the next chapter up.

~*Katy*~ < o >

Back