I Dare You

A/N: Well, I've finally decided to post this one. There's only 3 1/2 chapters so far, but I'm still working on it. And since I'm not that far, a beta/muse would be much appreciated to get some ideas flowing. anyway, here's the beginning of the last installment of the series!

IDareYou.jpg

I Dare You
By: Eva Marie Rayne
Rating: PG-13
POV: Sydney/Vaughn
Ship: Syd/Vaughn, Shannon/Weiss
Disclaimer: Don’t own anything about Alias, but Shannon is an original character.
Background: Part 3 of the You series, sequel to “Because Of You”
Summary: We left off with Sydney having a miscarriage, Sark running off in anguish, Shannon is pregnant with Weiss’s child, and Weiss is planning to ask Shannon to marry him. Can we say madness?
Lyric Info: Most songs will be by LeAnn Rimes, but random country songs will be thrown in aswell.

Chapter 1

God only knows how I've needed a friend
Who can see through the boldness and pride
Someone strong enough, I can put my faith in
Someone willing to let me inside
So be a man and be my man

I dare you to need me
Like nobody else
Dare you to feel me
Like you've never felt
Dare you to want to want
To wanna be good to me

Baby, you've got your reasons, dangling from kite strings
But you can open your hands and let them fly
Oh, I know you won't always say and do the right things
Oh, but some things are worth a try
So, if you can, be my man

I dare you to know me
Like I've never known
Dare you to show me
That I can be shown
Dare you to want to want
To wanna be good to me

Tell me, tell me I'm the one who deserves you
Oh, and everytime
Everytime you know that you want to
I dare you

I dare you to hold me
Like you never will again
Kiss me
Leave the world standing still
Dare you to want to want

Oh, I dare you to need me
Like nobody else
Dare you to feel me
Like you've never felt
I dare you to want to want
To wanna be good to me
Oh, I dare you to want to want
To wanna be good to me
--LeAnn Rimes – “I Dare You”--

That night at dinner, Vaughn, Eric, Shannon, and I all went out to Monticello’s for dinner. We ate our meals amidst great conversation and humour. Once we were finished eating, Eric stood to make an announcement to the table.

“Okay, there’s something I need to say.”

“I was about to say the same thing.” Shannon replied.

“What is it sweetheart?” Eric asked as I shot Shannon a look.

“It’s nothing.” She replied quickly, “Go on honey.”

“Well, as you know, Shannon and I have been dating for about 2 months.” He said, “But I can’t let this thing burn a hole in my pocket any longer.” He kneeled on the floor in front of her and the whole restaurant fell silent.

“Shannon Marie Johnson, will you marry me?” he asked. Joyous tears began to fall down Shannon’s face as she nodded.

“Yes! Yes, I’ll marry you!” She replied excitedly.

Eric smiled as he slid the ring on her finger. Everyone else in the restaurant applauded as Shannon jumped up from her seat and kissed her new fiancée. She looked back at me and my look reminded her of her own news.

“Eric, there’s something I have to tell you.” She began, taking both of his hands in hers.

“Please don’t tell me you’re really a man. That would jut confuse me beyond belief.” He joked.

“No. I’m all woman, dear.” She replied with a laugh. She pulled his hand down to her stomach before revealing her secret.

“We’re having a baby.” She said. Eric’s eyes bugged out and I thought we’d have to call med evac to revive him, but he seemed to be okay after a few moments.

“You’re-?” he stammered. Shannon nodded.

“And I’m-?” Again, Shannon nodded.

“How-?”

“If I really have to answer THAT, then we’ve got much bigger problems than this!” she exclaimed.

“Well, I KNOW how it happened, but…I just can’t believe I’m gonna be a father.” He replied, amazed.

“Congratulations.” Vaughn said, giving him a pat on the shoulder.

Eric hugged him and Shannon and I just looked at each other knowingly. Realising what time it was, Vaughn and I left Shannon and Eric to celebrate things in their own way.

Once we made it back to the hotel, we both just sat on the edge of the bed, amazed at what had just happened in such a short period of time.

“So Shannon’s pregnant.” Vaughn said.

“And they’re getting married.” I added.

“You knew about her being pregnant, didn’t you?” he asked.

“Just like you knew Eric was proposing.” I replied.

“It’s just amazing.” He said, “I wish we could have a little one of our own.”

“Baby, it’s gonna happen. We just have to give it time. It’s not like Dr. Rayne said I could never have children.” I replied.

“I know.” He said.

“I have an idea. Why don’t we get to work on that little one?” I asked, arching an eyebrow.

“You know exactly what to say in these situations, don’t you?” he joked. I smiled and pulled him onto the bed, where we made love like it was the first time.

Weiss is getting married and having a baby....That's so great for him

Poor Syd and Vaughn must feel some pain since they lost their child...

I can't wait for the next part

awesome job!
hey if your still looking for a beta i would love to help.
No pressure if you would like someone else to do it though.
Oh and pm me please

I thought I reviewed but I guess I didn't...
Anyway I can't believe that Weiss is gonna be a daddy and is getting married...
Thanks for the pm....
Can't wait for more...

That was great. :D
It is great that Weiss is getting married and is going to be a father.
Thank you for the pm. :P
I can't wait for more.
Keep pming me.
:surf:

Back