I don't know a good name for this story 2

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 8~ Tag Along</span>

Sydney stared at the doorknob, debating whether or not she should open it. Her curiosity got the better of her, and she reached to open the door. Just as she was about to open it, she felt someone grab her shoulder.

“What are you doing? I though I told you to wait for me!”

It was Gareth, and by the looks of it, he wasn’t very happy.

“I’m sorry. I just got really bored, and it was taking you a long time, so I started wandering around” she explained.

“You’re lucky I found you, before it was too late” he said.

“Too late? What’s that supposed to mean?” she asked him.

“Nothing. I have the carving” he replied.

Sydney looked around, but she saw nothing.

“Where? I don’t see it”

“It’s downstairs, where I told you to wait. Come” he said, leading her back to where she was before.

When they got there, she say it. It was a stone slab, with writing on it. It looked like it was around 500 years old. Then again, it probably was. It wasn’t very big. About the size of a book. She couldn’t tell what it said, because it was written the way Rambaldi wrote everything else. She didn’t care though. All she knew was that she needed to find all of the stone messages, and then read them. Collect, and then ask questions later.

Sydney picked it up, and put it in her coat pocket, being careful not to damage the old artifact.

“I have to get going. My friends are probably worried sick about me. I wasn’t supposed to leave the cabin” she said.

“Maybe… I can come with you?” he asked.

“I don’t know if that’s such a good idea. I couldn’t put your life in danger, and-”

“I don’t care! I can take care of myself! I won’t get in the way! I promise! I just really want to go with you!” he exclaimed.

“I don’t know if Veara and Michael will approve of it…”

“Well, if you won’t let me come, then I’ll just follow you anyway! Plus, I have my own business to attend to, and I believe we are both headed in the same direction. Just let me come with you until I reach my stop. Please?” he begged her.

“Well… alright. But of Michael and Veara don’t like you, don’t get upset and throw a fit. They don’t like many people” she finally agreed.

“Oh, thank-you! I won’t let you down! I promise!” he said.

There was a brief moment of silence.

“I think we should be heading back to the cabin now” she said, breaking the silence

He nodded, and followed her.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Michael</span>

“Jesus Sydney! We’ve been looking for at least 3 hours, and there is no sign of you! Where did you wander off to?” he thought.

He came to a bench, and sat down to take a break.

All of a sudden, Veara came running up to him.

“Did you find anything?!?” he asked.

“No. You?”

“No”

Veara sat down next to him, and sighed.

“Perhaps we should go back to the cabin. It’s getting late. We can look for Sydney in the morning”

“Yeah. I agree. I just hope she’s okay…” he replied, getting up off the bench, and heading back to the cabin.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The Cabin</span>

When Veara and Michael reached the cabin, they were surprised to see that someone… or something, was already inside.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 9~ A Problem Sovled</span>

Veara slowly approached the front door, and got ready to leap into action.

“Veara! Let’s be careful…” Vaughn whispered.

Veara and Vaughn then both barged into the house, only to see Sydney, and a man.

“Sydney?!? Where the hell were you?!?” Veara asked.

“Yeah! And who the hell is he?!?” Vaughn asked.

“It’s along story. I was out for a walk, when I bumped into Gareth. He and I have a lot in common, so he invited me to his mansion. He told me that he had a Rambaldi carving, and look” she said, showing Veara and Vaughn the stone.

“Good work” Veara said, grabbing the stone. She patted Sydney on the shoulder, and left the room.

“Sydney, can I talk with you in private?” Vaughn asked.

“Sure” she replied.

“Gareth, excuse us” she said, before walking into the kitchen with Vaughn.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>In the Kitchen </span>

“Sydney, we cant trust him. Heck, we can’t trust anyone right now!” Vaughn said.

“I know you think it’s dangerous, but I assure you, Gareth is on our side. He wouldn’t have helped me if he wasn’t” Sydney replied.

“Maybe he’s trying to convince you that he’s trust worthy, and then, the second you let your guard down, he’ll get you!” Vaughn said, lowering his voice.

“That’s a good theory, except Gareth isn’t bad! And even if he was, I never let my guard down, so I wouldn’t give him a chance to get me!” she replied, lowering her voice as well.

“Even if he isn’t working for “him,” he could still put our lives in danger, or we could put his life in danger” Vaughn said.

“Listen, he’s only tagging along for a little while. He has something of his own to do. Plus, he chose to join us, which means he isn’t afraid of us getting him into danger. He also has some connection to Rambaldi. He hasn’t told me himself, but I know it. I can sense it” she replied.

“Good connection, or bad connection?” he asked.

“I can’t say. It depends on what you mean by good and bad” she answered.

Their conversation was interrupted by Veara.

“Are you guys finished in there?!?” she shouted.

“Yeah!” Vaughn shouted back. They both left the kitchen, to join their friends.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>In the Living Room </span>

“Gareth, where exactly are you going?” Vaughn asked, suspiciously.

“I need to go to Rome. My father said I would find something there that would be of use to me” Gareth replied.

“I see…” Vaughn mumbled.

“We should head to Rome too. I’m sure we can find some answers there” Sydney said to Vaughn.

“You guys! I just got a call from one of my contacts! He said that a Rambaldi carving was sighted in Tasmania, and another somewhere in Jamaica!” Veara shouted.

“That’s great! The only problem is, we still need a plane…” Vaughn mumbled.

“You need a plane? I can have one brought here by 7:00am sharp!” Gareth said.

“Perfect! Then tomorrow morning, we’ll set off!” Veara replied.

“Where to first?” Sydney asked.

“Hmm… how about Tasmania, and then Jamaica, and then we can go to Rome?” Gareth asked.

“Sounds good to me!” she replied.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 10~ Something Isn't Right</span>

“Sydney? Sydney! Get up!”

Sydney opened her eyes, only to see Veara right in her face.

“Sydney, the plane is ready. WE have to leave right now” she said.

Sydney nodded, still half asleep.

“Get changed and meet us outside” Veara said, throwing some clothes at Sydney.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Outside</span>

Sydney walked outside, to see her friends and husband waiting for her.

“Where is the plane?” she asked.

“It’s right outside of my house, ready to leave. All our belongings are already on the plane, so let’s hurry” Gareth answered.

They all agreed, and began to walk to Gareth’s mansion.

“Sydney, you’ve been quiet this morning. Is there anything on your mind?” Veara asked.

“Nope. I’m fine” Sydney replied.

“You’re not fine. I know when you’re lying, and you’re lying” Vaughn interrupted.

Sydney paused. She couldn’t think of anything that was wrong, but something did feel… off. She couldn’t quite put her finger on it.

“I’m okay. I just feel… funny” she replied.

“Really? How so?” Gareth asked.

Sydney couldn’t answer his question, because even she didn’t know the answer.

“Don’t ask so many questions! It’s nothing! Let’s move on!” she said, pushing pass her friends.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Vaughn, Veara and Gareth</span>

“Okay, something is up” Vaughn said to Veara.

“I know. She’s acting… strange. As though something is disturbing her…” Veara replied.

Sydney was, by now, far ahead and unable to hear their conversation.

“I saw we spy on her” Vaughn stated.

“We’re with her every second of the day. What’s there to spy on?” Veara asked.

“Whoa whoa whoa! What are you guys talking about?” Gareth asked, running to catch up with them.

“Sydney is acting odd. Like she’s not herself” Veara answered.

“So? She has all the reason to act odd. After all she’s been through, and all she’s going through, it’s bound to change a person” Gareth said.

“Maybe… you know who…” Vaughn started.

“No. Not yet. He hasn’t yet, but he’s trying” Veara said.

“What?” Gareth asked, totally off track.

“A few years ago, Rambaldi had control of Sydney. She went all psycho, and tried to kill everyone. We banished… him, and Sydney went back to how she was before. Now, he’s trying to get back to Sydney, which is why we are going to the far corners of the earth to search for artifacts. We believe it can cast Rambaldi away forever” Vaughn explained.

“Okay, I believe you, but I didn’t understand a word of what you just said” Gareth mumbled.

“Anyway, you’re her husband. Get… close… to her, and keep a close watch” Veara said, before walking on ahead.

“Close? What’s that supposed to mean?!? I am close! She’s my wife!” Vaughn shouted, before running to catch up with Veara, leaving Gareth behind.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Sydney</span>

Sydney sighed. Now her friends didn’t believe her, her husband probably didn’t trust her, and the worst was yet to come. She could feel it. It wasn’t just Rambaldi, it was something else. She could feel something ahead, that she knew would change her life forever. It wasn’t Rambaldi though, what could it be?

She stared at the ground think of these past few years. They had been peaceful times. Fun times. Loving times. She wouldn’t trade them in for the world. Now, he wanted to come back and screw everything up. She wouldn’t let him. For her husband, who she loved so much. For Veara, her friend who has stuck with her through thick and thin. For Gareth, the kind boy who she just met, yet felt like she knew forever. For her father, who was back home. And most of all, for her baby girl. She didn’t want her daughter growing up, believing her mother was a freak. She wanted her daughter to be normal.

She looked up, noticing the plane. She was at Gareth’s house. She quickly approached the plane, only to see Gareth’s servant.

“Oh, it’s you, Miss Sydney. Gareth said you are welcome on board. Uh, where is Gareth?” he asked.

“He’s coming” Sydney said, boarding the plane.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Vaughn, Veara and Gareth</span>

They all approached the plane.

“Master Gareth, it is good to see you again. Miss Sydney is already on board waiting for you. Please, join her” he said.

Gareth nodded at the man, and the three boarded the plane.

Sydney was already sitting down, staring out the window. Veara nodded at Vaughn, and he took a seat next to Sydney.

“Hey” he said.

“Hi” she replied.

“You don’t have to tell me what’s going on. I respect you and your privacy. Just… don’t go doing anything stupid” Vaughn explained.

Sydney nodded.

Then, the whole plane started to shake, and they were off to Tasmania.

Back