I don't know a good name for this story 2

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 4~ Shot Down</span>

"W..What?!? That's what I was sensed...." thought Sydney.

Vaughn's heart sunk.

"Not again... he'll take Sydney away again..... and make her do bad things....." he thought.

"H-How?" asked Sydney.

"I'm not sure, but he is. There is one thing that can help us find out" replied Veara.

"What?" asked Sydney.

"They say that there are pictures and words carved in some cave in Italy. They say that those carving hold all the answers" replied Veara.

"Why wouldn't he just use paper?" asked Vaughn.

"Paper doesn't last for hundreds of years. The drawings would be smudged up, and impossible to read" replied Veara.

"Where is this cave?" asked Sydney.

"That's the problem. You see, we're not the only one's who know about it. The carvings, they were stolen. Who knows where they could be. There are 11 pieces. Once put together, they tell a story" explained Veara.

"We must have some lead" said Vaughn.

"Nope. Not one" replied Veara.

"What do we do?" asked Sydney.

"We wait until we figure out something, but the problem is we don't have the time. Rambaldi is coming for you Sydney. He needs you to survive. Without you, he's weak. He will hunt you down. If we find all the carvings, maybe they could tell us how to beat him once and for all" explained Veara.

"So... what now?" asked Vaughn.

"Nothing. We have no choice but to wait, and hope he doesn't-"

Veara was inturupted by a loud <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BOOM!</span> sound.

"What the hell was that?!?" asked Sydney.

"The plane has been shot down! Grab hold of something!" shouted Veara.

The plane started to do a nosedive, right into the ground. In a matter of seconds, it would be over.

"Rambaldi!" shouted Sydney.

"No, it's not. He wouldn't have enough power to shoot down a plane!" replied Veara.

Sydney looked around the room, and something caught her eye. A door that said "EMERGANCY PARACHUTES"

"What do they think this is?!?" thought Sydney.

She slowly climbed over to the closet like room, and opened the door. She through a parachute to Vaughn and Veara, and then put one on.
Vaughn pulled out a gun a shot a window. The window shattered, and they started to get sucked in. They let it take them, and they were soon flying in the air.
They all landed safely.

"That was too close" replied Veara.

"It looks like one of us has some enemies" she added.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> SAFEHOUSE</span>

"So, I contacted the agency and told them everything. They said they would search for a lead, and when they got one, they would contact us. There will be another jet ready by tomorrow night" said Vaughn.

"Can the get us another jet any faster?" asked Veara.

"No, why?" asked Vaughn.

"Well, if one of us does have some enemies, and they knew that we were in that jet, I bet they know we're here, or they will soon find out" explained Veara.

"...Your right...unfortunately, that's the fastest they can get a jet here" replied Vaughn.

"Then we'll have to be very cautious" said Veara.

"He's coming.... he's going to find out where we're hiding" said Sydney.

"..... Then we'll just have to beat him again" replied Veara.

"It's not that simple. He's growing stronger by the second. If he finds us, he'll be strong enough to fight" explained Sydney.

"Then we hide" replied Vaughn.

"I only wish it were that simple..." mumbled Sydney.

Ooohh!!
great chapter!!
short,but great!
very good, i wanna see a rambaldi/sydney battle
cant wait for more
thanks for the pm

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> Chapter 5~ A New Friend </span>

It had been a long day. Veara, Sydney and Vaughn were in a C.I.A. safehouse, which was a cabin. They lit a fire and gathered around to talk about what had happened in the past two years. They did have alot to catch up on.

"I'm going to step outside for some air" said Sydney.

"Sure" replied Veara and Vaughn.

Sydney stepped into the back yard. There was a pond, and it was frozen over. There was a garden, which was barried under a foot of snow. It was a nice, quite little cabin. Sydney would have enjoyed it, except she knew he was coming. Vaughn and Veara were so carefree and come, but she knew deep down that they were scared.

"How can they act so calm? Well, it must be easier for them. They have no idea what it's like to be taken control of by some 500 year old man, and have him make you do terrible things. I never want to go back. I can't. I won't. I refuse" thought Sydney.

She stepped off the porch and walked around. There was a fence around the yard.

She walked over to the gate and opened it.

"I should probably tell them where I'm going.... but then again, they'll want to come, and.... I really don't know where I'm going" thought Sydney.

She stepped out the gate and started walking down the sreet. She saw lots of people. Some kids having snowball fights, people just walking around... like her... but not like her. These people looked like they knew where they were going. She didn't.

Sydney was lost in thought. The sounds around her were drowned out. She turned a corner and <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'> WHAM! </span>

She, and a man fell to the ground.

She shook her head.

"Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?!?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah I'm fine" she replied.

"This is all my fault!" he said.

Sydney smiled.

"No, it's mine. I should have been paying attention" replied Sydney.

"Yeah, me too" he replied.

He helped Sydney off the ground.

Sydney got a better view of him.

He was a young man, who looked about 17. He had blond hair, and sparkling blue eyes. He wore a white dress shirt with a blue vest, brown dress pants and some brown dress shoes.

"I'm Gareth" he said.

"I'm Sydney" she replied.

"Your not from around here... are you?" he asked.

"Nope. I'm from the U.S.A." she replied.

"Cool. My father is there now. He has a business meeting" replied Gareth.

"So, what do you do?" she asked.

"Well, I don't really have a job. You see, my father is one of the most wealthiest men in all of France. I don't need a job" explained Gareth.

"Wow! Really?!? Then what are you doing around here?" she asked.

"Well, I have alot on my mind. I went for a run to clear my mind, and I ran into you" he explained.

"I was out from a walk. You see, my husband, my best friend, and I are stuck here. Our plane crashed and we can't get another one till tomorrow night" she explained.

"That's horrible..." he said.

"Yeah.... it sucks" she replied.

"How would you like to some to my house? We can talk more there" asked Gareth.

"Sure" replied Sydney.

"I live pretty far away. If we want to make it before anybody notices I'm missing, we'll have to run. Do you think you can keep up?" he asked.

"Oh? Your pretty cocky about your speed, arn't you? Well, don't worry about me. I'm fast too" replied Sydney.

"Well, okay. I warned you" said Gareth.

He smirked, and then started running.

"Dang! He is fast!" thought Sydney, who was right behind him.

As soon as she picked up some speed, she caught up to him.

"Wow! You are fast if you can keep up with me!" said Gareth.

About 10 minutes later, Gareth and Sydney arrived at Gareth's house... or mansion.

"Here it is" he said.

Sydney was amazed. She had never seen a house that big in her life.

"It's huge!" she shouted.

Gareth laughed.

"I get that alot" he replied.

They walked in.

"Master Gareth! Your home! Where have you been?!? Are you okay?!? Do you need help?!? Are you hurt?!?" asked one of Gareth's servents.

"I'm fine. I went out for a run, and I ran into this women, Sydney. We have alot in common. I invited her over" he explained.

"Oh, okay" replied the servent.

Sydney and Gareth walked up what seemed never-ending stairs.

"Where are we going?" asked Sydney.

"To the library. It's quiet there, and I'm just about the only person who ever goes there. We can talk inside" he replied.

After what seemed forever, they finally made it to the library.

"I spend most of my time here" he explained.

"You see, my mother died when I was three. I have 4 sisters, but they all moved away. Now it's just me and my father, but to him, it's like I'm not even here" he added.

"Wow. My mother died when I was six, and my father never really payed much attention to me. I left to start my own life" explained Sydney.

"See. We do have alot in common. Out mothers both died, our fathers don't really pay much attention to us, we're fast, we both need to get away..." he said.

"Yeah. I know. It's kind of freaky. I've never really met a person that I had alot in common with" replied Sydney.

"Come with me" said Gareth.

Gareth and Sydne walked deep into the library. There was a spot that was dead silent, and pitch black. Gareth lit the fire place.

"This is my favourite place" he said.

Gareth picked up a sword and threw it to Sydney.

"Spar with me" he said.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 6~ One Step Closer</span>

"What?!?" Sydney asked.

"Spar with me" he replied.

"I'm not sparring with you!" Sydney shouted, and threw the sword back at him.

"Come on, Sydney! I want to see your skills of a warrior!" he said, and threw the sword back at her.

"I don't care what you want to see! And I have no skills of a warrior!" Sydney shouted, once again. She threw the sword back at him, and began to exit the room.

"I wouldn't do that" Gareth said.

"Why not?" Sydney asked.

"Because I have something you are looking for. Something you need very much"

This sparked Sydney's interest.

"And what might that be?" she asked, turning around.

"I have one of Rambaldi's carvings"

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The Cabin </span>

"Sydney has been out there for a while..." Veara said.

"I know. I'm going to go check on her" Vaughn said, getting up from his chair and heading towards the backyard.

When he got there, he noticed that she wasn't there.

"Sydney?" he asked.

No answer.

"Sydney?!?"

No answer.

"Sydney?!? Where are you?!?"

Still no answer.

He ran back inside the house to get Veara.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Gareth's Mansion</span>

"Can you give it to me?" Sydney asked.

"Well... I could... but... no!" he laughed.

"Gareth! This isn't funny! I need that carving!" she shouted, lunging at him.

He moved out of the way, and she missed him.

"Well, if you want it so bad... spar with me"

Sydney sighed.

"I don't want to spar! I haven't sparred in forever! I'm rusty!" she replied.

"It'll be good warm up then! I have a feeling you're going to need your sparring skills for later" Gareth said, throwing her the sword.

Sydney looked at it. It was an old blade. Old, but shiny.

"Are you ready?" Gareth asked.

Sydney nodded.

"Good!" he shouted, lunging at her with his sword.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>The Cabin </span>

"What?!? She's gone?!?" Veara asked, jumping up and kocking over the chair.

"Yeah! I can't find her anywhere!" Vaughn replied.

Veara grabbed her coat, and threw Vaughn his.

"Let's split up. You go west. I'll go east" she said, running out the door. He followed behind her.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Chapter 7~ On the Hunt</span>

Sydney didn't know how to react. She hadn't used a sword in a long time. It had been at least a few years. She hoped that her sparring skills hadn't gotten too rusty, but the only way she could find out was to spar with Gareth. She finally snapped back into reality, and noticed that Gareth was coming straight at her with his sword. She hadn't really used a sword in battle before. She was better with guns. However, the times she had used a sword, she had been pretty good with it. She waited until he was closer to her before she made her move. As he was closing in, she lunged at him. This surprised Gareth, and he stopped dead in his tracks.

"What's she trying to do?!?" he wondered.

He countered her attack with his own. They were clashing swords, trying to gain the upper hand. Both knew that the first one to make a mistake would be the loser.

"Hmm... looks like I'm going to have to force him to make his own mistakes..." Sydney thought.

She jumped back, away from him, to catch her breath. This puzzled Gareth, but he still did not hesitate to attack. He ran straight at her, ready to take her down.

"Why is she stopping for a break?!? She's making it all too easy for me..." he thought.

As he came within striking distance, she ducked, and swing-kicked his legs. This cause him to loose his balance, and he was soon on the ground. As he tried to get up, he found it deficult to do so, because Sydney had her sword pointed right between his eyes.

"You loose" she said, before extending a hand to help him up.

He took her hand, and he figured it out as she was bringing him to his feet.

"You tricked me. You pretended to be out of breath, so that I would attack. You knew that would give you the opportunity you needed to finish this sparring match" he said.

"Winning a sparring match isn't all about strength, and being a master with a sword. It's also about strategy. You have to come up with many plans, just incase one backfires. But the hard thing is, you have short time to come up with these plans. On the field, you have to be able to think quickly, while not letting your guard down. I knew that is you saw an oppening, you'd attack. I used that to my advantage" she explained.

He brushed his clothes off.

"I promised I would give you the Rambaldi carving if you sparred with me. You sparred with me, you defeated me, and now, I will give you what I promised" he said.

She nodded.

"Follow me" he said, leading her out of the room, and back into the hallway.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Veara</span>

Veara knew Sydney liked to run. She knew Sydney liked to explore. Usually, those to things got her in trouble. If it had been at any other time, Veara would not be so worried. It was because he was searching for her, because he was close by, that she was scared. She kept thinking that he got her, that it was over. That they had lost her for good. She shook her head.

"What am I thinking?!? Think positive thoughts, Veara! Think positive thoughts..."

Even if Rambaldi hadn't gotten to her yet, he would know that she was gone by now, and he would be on the hunt too. She didn't have much time, and she hadn't found anything that even came close to telling her where Sydney was.

"Man, I hope Michael has found something..."

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Gareth's Mansion</span>

Sydney was huffing and puffing now. She had walked up 6 sets of stairs, gone threw a whole bunch of corridors, and she lost count of how many rooms they passes on the way.

"Why couldn't he put all the important stuff close together?!?" she thought, as she continued to follow him.

After a couple more minutes, he stopped infront of a door.

"Wait here" he said, as he walked into the room, and shut the door behind him.

Sydney leaned against the wall, and waited. She waited 5 minutes, and he still wasn't out yet.

"What the hell is he doing in there?!? It doesn't take that long to grab a stupid artifact, and come out, does it?!? Come on, Gareth. I haven't got all day..."

She waited a few more minutes, and he still wasn't out. She decided to looked around. She turned a corner, and walked down the hall.

"I'll remember where that room is" she said to herself.

She continued walking, until she came to some stairs. She decided to walk up them. When she reached the top, she noticed that this floor was a lot darker then the other floors. She could barely see, and there was only a faint light.

"Why the hell is it so dark up here?!?" she asked herself.

She continued to follow the light, since she couldn't see where she was going. She came to the source of the light; a lamp. There was a lamp on a table in the corner. Right next to the lamp was a door. It said restricted in big, bold letters. She also noticed that there was a red light coming from behind the door.

"Should I open it?" she asked herself.

Back