I Hate the Terrorism ...

:nods: Like the Palestinians, blowing up Israeli's, who are just out for lunch, just because they're ideas are different. I mean, who's crazy idea was that?

And Glimmerofhope (now officially called Hope cuz your name is too long LOL) :nods: The UN Just says "don't do this" but never does anything to enforce it. I thought it was a pointless system BEFORE this whole thing with delaying the war happened.

aliaschick4mv said:
Yeah, I figured. Most Canadians are. And French. And Russians. And Germans.

And everyone else other than the United States... 🤷 Conformity sucks.

And the peace keepers didn't do too well, in my opinion.
Just a little thing to say on this comment here, it's not that most Canadians, Germans, French and whoever else are pacifists... many Americans are too. People have different beliefs. We didn't get to decide whether we went to war or whether we worked as peacekeepers. Our governement did. So, perhaps most of our governement are pacifists. Things like the whole "France and Germany" thing really ticked me off, since it wasn't really the people's decision who went to war. Half the Americans didn't want to go to war, but they didn't decide, did they?

Anyways, back on topic, terrorists suck. :P

Ok Hope it is!!! (that's good cause it's the name of my fave song!)
I think the general idea of having the U.N is good but the system that they operate by is the main problem. France, America, China, Russia and Britain are the five permanant seat holders in the U.N because they were the original countries to form it after WW2 and so they have the power to veto anything that they don't agree with. So that bungles up the whole system and makes it less democratic by having these countries who can say no we don't like that, whether it is for the common good or not. It doesn't make sense to me.

LOL I know that, most Americans it seems are anti-war. I feel so outnumbered :runs into a corner: Those guys scared me a little in the War W/ Iraq thread :shudder:

And what you wrote is on topic, we went to war to stop terrorism

And the UN HAS gone bad. Did you know that Israel isn't allowed on the security counsel? Despite the fact that we saved the US and probably most of the world by getting rid of Saddam's neuclear reacter, and we've had to deal with countless wars with Arab nations that THEY started, with MILLIONS of them, coming at us from all size, us, a country the size of NEW JERSEY! There's something wrong here, and I'm sorry if you don't agree with me.

I never understood the point of it, they never DO anything,and all these countries have their own ideas, what difference does it make if they're all in a building in New York or all over the world?

The U.N has gone bad alerady. I hate war but in some cases I see the necessity of having a strong presence surrounding a certain country, just to make sure that they know that they are being watched.

the UN exists to stop another future possible war. i don't blame them for what they tried to do (stop war in iraq) that's why they exist, it's their job. they just don't want ANOTHER war

aliaschick4mv said:
And the UN HAS gone bad. Did you know that Israel isn't allowed on the security counsel? Despite the fact that we saved the US and probably most of the world by getting rid of Saddam's neuclear reacter, and we've had to deal with countless wars with Arab nations that THEY started, with MILLIONS of them, coming at us from all size, us, a country the size of NEW JERSEY! There's something wrong here, and I'm sorry if you don't agree with me.

I never understood the point of it, they never DO anything,and all these countries have their own ideas, what difference does it make if they're all in a building in New York or all over the world?
I do agree with you. I think that the current and recent goings on are pathetic. You guys do know that the americans supplied Suddam with a large portion of his arsenal when they used Iraq to attack another middle eastern country. They also trained most of the now terrorists to use against Russia when the cold war was in progress.

Back