I love cops.

Royce

Cadet
I "just" got pulled over for doing 65 in a 45 about 15 minutes ago.

I talked to the man like a human being. He asked me a few questions, I made him chuckle once...

and he let me go.

18 years driving and still no speeding tickets. And that's hard to do when you own a Camaro.

Close one though.

Originally posted by HJ-Royce@Apr 21 2006, 08:02 PM
I "just" got pulled over for doing 65 in a 45 about 15 minutes ago.

I talked to the man like a human being. He asked me a few questions, I made him chuckle once...

and he let me go.

18 years driving and still no speeding tickets. And that's hard to do when you own a Camaro.

Close one though.
I'm 18 years old. I've been pulled over 6 times since I was 16. Luckily only 1 ticket. Sad enough, my dad has gotten me out of it just by his name.

3x for speeding. (one was actually racing an undercover cop)
---1 ticket here... 43-25
1x for stero system
2x for tint on my windows.

If only I had Royce's touch with the police!

I've only been let off with a warning once in the eleven times (Yes, I counted!) I have been pulled over. I was 16 and it was the first time I had dealt with the police in such a manner. I was so afraid that I pulled over before she'd even turned her lights on. She checked my insurance information and noticed my car was registered to the police station, so she proceeded to ask me which one of my parents worked there. I explained that my dad, Corporal Reed, worked graveyard at Washington County with her. She chuckled and insisted that I admit to my father that I had been pulled over, because she was going to tell him the distressing news the next time she saw him. Being the good son that I was I called him immediately, he congratulated me on being let off with only a warning and then he took me out for lunch! (He can't stand traffic cops nowadays)

Thankfully, even though I've been pulled over so many times, I have no tickets on my record because I have taken each of them to court and the officers haven't shown up, or they've simply asked me to take various classes from the DMV! In the past few months I finally gave in and purchased a radar detector and it has already paid for itself in the number of tickets it's saved me from. :lol:

Frozz

im one of the unfortunate people in the world that gets caught at just about everything ive ever done.

i wish i could say i loved cops....er maybe not. i respect em, but they seem to like coming after me, which makes me cringe when i hear the word cop.

i will definetly say, if i could do one thing without any repercussions, i would love to get in a high speed chase and see if i could get away.

ive watched too many episodes of cops. i think the funniest/saddest clip i saw on the show was when a 16 year old kid stole a car from drug dealers (with lots of cocaine in the trunk) then got in a high speed chase with the cops. pretty much either way he slices cake, he is SCREWED. lol, what an idiot.

I have had my license since I was 16 and drove lots before that in the fields hehe

So that would be 35 yrs ticket free :smiley: I guess it helps by living in the boonies lol

Originally posted by HJ-Frozz@Apr 21 2006, 01:15 PM
In the past few months I finally gave in and purchased a radar detector and it has already paid for itself in the number of tickets it's saved me from.
Aren't those illegal if caught?

Originally posted by tasoli+Apr 21 2006, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tasoli @ Apr 21 2006, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Frozz@Apr 21 2006, 01:15 PM
In the past few months I finally gave in and purchased a radar detector and it has already paid for itself in the number of tickets it's saved me from.
Aren't those illegal if caught? [/b][/quote]
Only in certain places.

In Ohio they are ok (I'm pretty sure), along with many other states

I'm pretty sure Radar Detectors are illegal in CA, though I don't know where frozz is.

I respect certain types of police officers.

Cops that put away people who are endangering society (murderers, thieves, drug dealers, etc). Those are legitimate ways of using my tax dollars.

Traffic cops I have a serious issue with, because if it was about public safety (serve & protect), they would be positioned at the places that need it. School zones, outside of day care facilities, etc. Instead, it is about revenue generation ... A cop sits around a corner on a road so that he can ticket me, which imposes a fine to pay his salary, to sit around a corner on a road ... so he can ticket me .. which imposes a fine .. see a pattern?

Can you tell I've had a few tickets?

The most frustrating thing is when I was driving home from college in the middle of nowhere West Texas, and a state trooper is camped behind a billboard. There isn't a town for 30 miles in either direction, it is straight and flat.

I've been pulled over and given a warning for doing 72 in a 70. Seriously.

Weaving in and out of traffic, Tailgating, not being in control .. yes, those should be ticketable fines. If I have the capability to maneuver my vehicle safely at 80 miles an hour, I should be allowed to do so.

Not wearing a seat belt .. that is a whole other soapbox.

Anywho, got a little carried away ... time to sit down, have a beer and program some fancy E3 goodness.

Have a great weekend.

Originally posted by tasoli@Apr 21 2006, 04:00 PM
I'm pretty sure Radar Detectors are illegal in CA, though I don't know where frozz is.
If my memory serves me correctly, laser jammers are illegal in California, but radar detectors are legal.

About a month ago I was driving back from San Franscisco and just outside of Redding I was greeted by the CHP. It was at that point I decided to fork out the cash and acquire a radar detector. :P

Frozz

Originally posted by HJ-Cirakin@Apr 21 2006, 04:01 PM
Anywho, got a little carried away ... time to sit down, have a beer and program some fancy E3 goodness.
*Drool*

Ooops sorry, did I get some in your beer there? My bad, heh, just can't wait to see the bootleg videos of e3 :D

Originally posted by HJ-Frozz+Apr 21 2006, 04:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Frozz @ Apr 21 2006, 04:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tasoli@Apr 21 2006, 04:00 PM
If my memory serves me correctly, laser jammers are illegal in California, but radar detectors are legal.

About a month ago I was driving back from San Franscisco and just outside of Redding I was greeted by the CHP. It was at that point I decided to fork out the cash and acquire a radar detector. :P

Frozz [/b][/quote]
"The use of a radar detector in a passenger vehicle is legal in all states with the exception of Virginia, Washington DC. and on military bases.

Radar detectors are illegal in all commercial vehicles weighing over 10,000 pounds

In Canada, the only three provinces that allow their use are Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.

Many overseas countries also ban their use, such as Portugal, Finland and Spain.

In areas that radar detectors are illegal, law enforcement use a device called the Spectre that is able to detect the use of radar detector in your car or truck. For more information on the Spectre, click here.

Laser Jammers and Radar Jammers are illegal in the states of Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC.

If you decide to use a laser jammer in one of the states that they are outlawed, consider getting the Blinder M-20 or M-40 or the Lidakek LE-30. The Blinder and the Lidatek are the only laser jammers made today that give minimal "error codes" to the police laser guns. "

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/choosi...tector-laws.asp

You were right.

Originally posted by HJ-Cirakin@Apr 21 2006, 04:01 PM
I respect certain types of police officers.

Cops that put away people who are endangering society (murderers, thieves, drug dealers, etc). Those are legitimate ways of using my tax dollars.

Traffic cops I have a serious issue with, because if it was about public safety (serve & protect), they would be positioned at the places that need it. School zones, outside of day care facilities, etc. Instead, it is about revenue generation ... A cop sits around a corner on a road so that he can ticket me, which imposes a fine to pay his salary, to sit around a corner on a road ... so he can ticket me .. which imposes a fine .. see a pattern?

Can you tell I've had a few tickets?

The most frustrating thing is when I was driving home from college in the middle of nowhere West Texas, and a state trooper is camped behind a billboard. There isn't a town for 30 miles in either direction, it is straight and flat.

I've been pulled over and given a warning for doing 72 in a 70. Seriously.

Weaving in and out of traffic, Tailgating, not being in control .. yes, those should be ticketable fines. If I have the capability to maneuver my vehicle safely at 80 miles an hour, I should be allowed to do so.

Not wearing a seat belt .. that is a whole other soapbox.

Have a great weekend.
Amen brother! Amen!

It was quite humorous a few weeks ago in court for a photo radar ticket. Before court was in session the officer took myself and two other victims outside and explained, "You three made the effort to fight these tickets, and I don't want to put them on your records; Plus, I give out hundreds of these a day! Just take a seatbelt training class and I'll drop the charges..." At least he was truthful about it.

The truth is that those who are driving at a faster pace than the rest of traffic are generally more aware of their surroundings than those who drive with the rest of the group. In fact, I just read a study today which found that the majority of accidents are caused by those who aren't paying attention (I.E. Putting on make-up, talking on cellphones, shaving, etc) rather than those who are speeding. I do not condone reckless driving by any means, but I just wish that they would enforce the law on those who are breaking The Basic Rule, rather than anyone traveling faster than an outdated number.

My father was explaining to a rookie cop the other day that back when he worked the streets of Oakland, CA, he was instructed by his chief to do the following: "Do not write tickets to upstanding citizens who break the speed limit. Give them warnings or leave them alone. But do this: Find a scumbag and enforce the law. There are plenty of child abusers, drunks, drug addicts and other such filth polluting our streets!"

Sadly, as Cirakin said, it is all about the revenue today. 99% of the citizens who receive tickets today simply send in the money. What if every single person who received a photo radar ticket pleaded not guilty and had to go to court? Oh how that would shake things up! Every time I'm in line at court I urge those around me to plead not guilty and go to traffic court, as it is their right to do so.

Frozz

Originally posted by tasoli+Apr 21 2006, 10:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tasoli @ Apr 21 2006, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-HJ-Frozz@Apr 21 2006, 01:15 PM
Aren't those illegal if caught? [/b][/quote]
They are illegal ONLY in the state of Virginia. You're fine in California. I've had one for about 2 years in all of my vehicles that I've used.

As for the story about driving your dads cop car, if I was caught doing that (even though its undercover) my dad would be fired. :(

Depends on where you live. In SW FL the speed limit is 70 and there are continuing news reports on stupid people going upwards of 138 on the interstate because all you can see is open road. Here the state troopers just got 200 fully marked 'Interceptor' Camaros (roxxin baby) just to keep up with those that just don't care. They also utilize aircraft enforcement to find those flying along and then send the troopers to just those vehicles. For us, troopers also use speed to catch drug/weapons smuggling out of Miami and are always finding stuff.

camaroatdaytonamedia.jpg

Bottom line, a reasonable deputy here is going to allow speeding under 10 mph over unless the news reports they are cracking down for a few days. There are no quotas here and the focus is red light runners (huge problem here) and DUIs. Again, just depends on where you live.

Originally posted by frostydf2@Apr 21 2006, 05:33 PM
As for the story about driving your dads cop car, if I was caught doing that (even though its undercover) my dad would be fired. :(

I wasn't driving a "cop car" :lol: I was driving a civilian vehicle that I owned, but the insurance was registered to the police office. Many police officers do this so criminals can't look them up through the DMV and find out where they live.

Frozz

Originally posted by HJ-Frozz+Apr 22 2006, 06:19 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (HJ-Frozz @ Apr 22 2006, 06:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-frostydf2@Apr 21 2006, 05:33 PM
As for the story about driving your dads cop car, if I was caught doing that (even though its undercover) my dad would be fired.  :(

I wasn't driving a "cop car" :lol: I was driving a civilian vehicle that I owned, but the insurance was registered to the police office. Many police officers do this so criminals can't look them up through the DMV and find out where they live.

Frozz [/b][/quote]
Awh I guess that would be smart. My dad has been threatend a few times by people that they are going to 'kill his children' when he used to be a detective. New Interceptor cop cars huh? Sucks to live in Florida, what's next?! A hurrican?! Just playing ;)

Over here in Idaho cops don't have quotas either. They just get yelled at if they don't give a certain amount of tickets. So I guess it's kinda like a quota, just not official.

Back