Season 4 I Miss Lauren!

Well i really miss Lauren, but i knew i was going to. Me and Kat were like the biggest Lauren Reed/Melissa George fans and we so were hoping she wasn't dead. i hated seeing her dead body like that, it sucked. They can't bring her back now, cos it would be silly, but it would have been cool to have her and sark terrorising everyone, and it would rip Vaughn apart, keeping him and syd even more distanced. would have made for good viewing. Damn season 4 and its new direction. bring back long lasting complications and continuity.

That is one rare point of view, but now that I think about it. The show was more sparky, like ppl had more bickering and more fuel. Season four was good, but I miss the way Lauren made conflict. I miss hating her! :woot:

That is a bit weird..... but seriously there is no one to hate anyone. -_-

🐒 crazy monkies!

Nope--don't miss her.
As much as I disliked her character--the writers didn't do the actress any favors in turning her into a duplicitous evil-doer where there was no previous discernable character build up to that effect. I gather that the writers just didn't quite know what to do with her character when she was "good," (if you want to call her that), but took the easy way out and made her into an almost laughable comic-book villain. (And at the same time, the writers certainly didn't do Vaughn any favors either in the Season Three. He recovered nicely in the Season Four, thanks heavens.) Therefore, there was no glimpse of Lauren in the Finale, but since Vaughn had "died," I guess there was no reason for a Lauren flashback.

Hmm I thin k her character was better when she was evil. Lauren would have been good as jsut a bad guy who didn't have to do the whole 'married to vaughn' thing because that just made the majority of people hate her because a lot of people ship s/v

I think the main reason there were no Lauren flashbacks or references was because Melissa George was unavailable (she was over seas shooting a movie I think).

I kind of have mixed emotions on Lauren being evil. It would've been interesting to see how the story would've played out had they not taken the character in that direction. I suspect it would be something like Addison on Grey's Anatomy. Also, she probably wouldn't have been killed off so quickly.

That being said, I absolutely loved her when she was evil and I loved the Sark/Lauren pairing. They brought out the best in each other and I loved how they didn't make Lauren too heartless (she felt sorry for Dixon when his kids were kidnapped and she couldn't kill her dad). She was such a great character :( :(

Also, I remember reading that JJ had a return planned for Lauren in the fifth season but they couldn't do it because of the show's cancellation.

Back