I need book recommendations

I used to read sooo much when i was little, Animorphs, Goosebumps, babysitters club, Narnia...now it seems i'm too old to read those books, and i've read all of em anyway

Anybody have any good suggestions? (Besides Harry Potter..I love those books!)

oo so you mean you like fantasy books? :woot: ive got lots....

lord of the rings (obviously ;) )
valdemar series - mercedes lackey
dragonriders of pern series - anne mccaffrey

im not sure if thats the type you meant, so ill stop there but if you want more just ask :smiley:

OKay...the LotR (like Siri said)
Phillip Pullman's stuff is really good (his dark materials Trilogy esp.)
The Fellowship of the Ring
The Two Towers
The Return of the King
The Hobit
The Silmarilion
The 11 Histories of Middle Earth...

ummmm...ya...the LotR...everything written by JRR Tolkien...

if you dont want fantasy..i got you covered(im not for fantasy,im more of realistic fiction/ fluff, gotta love that fluff and classics!)
for fluff:
shopaholic series
nanny diaries
eat cake

good books:
secret life of bees
the little friend
Posionwood Bible(or any book by Barbara Kingsolver)
house on Beartown Roac
Jane Erye
Pride and Prejudice(wonderful..we have a little following here at the site!hehe!)
ethan frome
joy luck club(or any book by amy tan)

side note: hp comes out tomorrow!!!(i know you said besides, but im excited!)

Fearless by Francine Pascale.

Here's a short summary fron BN.com:

Fearless introduces us to Gaia Moore, a girl born without the gene for fear. Gaia's mother was murdered, and her father, Tom Moore, a famous covert antiterrorist mastermind, is in hiding. Now 17 years old, Gaia is living in New York City with Tom's CIA friend, George, and his wife, Ella. Gaia is a prime target for terrorists and is in constant danger, but she is trained in all forms of combat so she can defend herself. Like Buffy and Xena, Gaia Moore is a force.

But she is also a high school student, trying to be like everyone else. As her friendships develop, we see that Gaia is in many ways a typical teen -- when she's not busy getting herself into and out of dangerous situations, righting wrongs, avenging hurts, and solving mysteries.

Well, LOTR of course :lol:
Princess Diaries
A Walk to Remember
A Bend in the Road
Where the Red Fern Grows
White Fang
The Hobbit
The Silmarilion
Chicken Soup books

Fearless by Francine Pascal
Josie Litton's books.
Mary Balogh books.
Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar.
Princess Diaries

nance said:
Fearless by Francine Pascale.

Here's a short summary fron BN.com:

Fearless introduces us to Gaia Moore, a girl born without the gene for fear. Gaia's mother was murdered, and her father, Tom Moore, a famous covert antiterrorist mastermind, is in hiding. Now 17 years old, Gaia is living in New York City with Tom's CIA friend, George, and his wife, Ella. Gaia is a prime target for terrorists and is in constant danger, but she is trained in all forms of combat so she can defend herself. Like Buffy and Xena, Gaia Moore is a force.

But she is also a high school student, trying to be like everyone else. As her friendships develop, we see that Gaia is in many ways a typical teen -- when she's not busy getting herself into and out of dangerous situations, righting wrongs, avenging hurts, and solving mysteries.
oh boy...here she goes again :rolleyes: dont worry nance i still love ya, russian princess :king: ^_^ ;)

hmm... agatha christie is awesome. poisonwood bible of course. shopaholic series. a tree grows in brooklyn. jurassic park. etc.

Shopaholic Series.
The Unofficial Guide to the Mysteries of Harry Potter (this book analyzes every chapter of the first 4 books. Also every character and more!)

this book is really sad, but very realistic at the same time. its not very long too. its called "when dad killed mom." o and i forgot to add this, there is some profanity in the book, and other sexual things.

OH! The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan!! They are good! I just started reading the first part of the first book! The first book is The Eye of the World and if you buy the book in parts like one book then another then the first part is called From the Two Rivers and the second part is called To the Blight!

the series by louise rennison (they're very funny)
any of the agatha christie books
the alanna, immortals, and the protector of the small series by tamora pierce
the neverending story

Girl With a Pearl Earring
If you like murder mysteries...Sherlock Holmes series, Agatha Christie (I especially like her books that have Hercule Poirot as the detective)
Watership Down and its sequel, Tales From Watership Down, by Richard Adams
🐸

Back