I'm a little confused with them.
1.) are they married
2.)if yes is the husband over protected of her
3.) do they know any English
4.) why don’t they want to help anyone

Thanks for your help.
Melissa
:rolleyes:

I don't understand the Korean couple either. I don't think anyone does! :lol: In the second epi, the woman would unbutton her sweater a little, and then the husband would yell at her and tell her to button it up again, and then when he was gone, she would unbutton it. Didn't make sense.

Some Asian people in some countries are very reserved.

I've heard that in some Asian countries, it's very rude to look at a stranger in the eyes. You must look down.

And remember when the black guy showed up to talk to them. The guy told his wife to button up her little blose, even though it wasn't any close to showing any type of cleavage, which Sher pointed out.

They're obviously married, but the woman is not connecting too much with her husband, especially after the plane crash.

Of course they don't speak English!

And they don't wanna help anyone because it's a lot harder for them to do that since they don't speak English. Plus, remaining together was important to the husband since no one else there can help them with most problems since they can't understand them!

So far, I've really liked the addition of this couple.

It was nice on Wednesday's episode when he told her that he loves her. It was sort of a way for him to apologize since he was being somewhat rude and too overprotective of her.

She didn't buy it though. He should have apologized completely.

I wouldn't be surprised if she turns on his husband and cheats on him with the black guy! :lol:

I think we're supposed to have questions about them. ^_^

It's suggested that they are married or at least a couple . . . and why were they on that plane? If either of them speak English, they are concealing it for some reason (they sure don't act as though they can understand what is being said, do they?).

The "husband" would seem to be somewhat suppressive (having her prepare food to offer the other castaways, but not allow her to taste it; having her button up; telling her to stay with him; behaving toward her in other controlling ways)--not just overprotective, yet he appears to have at least some affection for her . . . meanwhile, she seems more resentful than anything else. I see her testing her limits, and that will probably continue. ;)

I've really liked Daniel Dae Kim in other things (Angel especially, but also 24, even though he didn't get to do enough), so it was good to see him cast . . . only now I have to read the subtitles to understand what he is saying! :P I'm looking forward to see what they do and what the backstory for this couple is!

I'm pretty sure they are married.

The reason he tells her to button up her shirt is because in some cultures they make women dress a certain way and men own the woman they are married to. As in she is not allowed to show any part of her body off to any other person than himself. (I wonder how he'd feel about what happened with the black man then :thinking: )

They don't speak English. Or they probably woulda used it already. But I do think they understand English because he understood what Emile was saying when he was offering her food because she was pregnant.

And in some cultures touching another woman is wrong which may be why he was pulling away from Emile.

It is obvious that Sun doesn't love him very much, it's more anger towards him and she doesn't believe him. (I only know her name 'cause I paid attention to the subtitles :lol: )

What is their story and what will happen to them will be intresting to find out.

hopefully we'll get to know more about them in the next episode ... ;)

am I the only one here that thinks that Daniel Dae Kim is a gorgeuos man ... :blush:

Alias_Gay said:
am I the only one here that thinks that Daniel Dae Kim is a gorgeuos man ... :blush:
[post="1022771"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
No. (I think it's my fondness for the Mongolian male facial type & similar types.)

ivand67 said:
I wouldn't be surprised if she turns on his husband and cheats on him with the black guy! :lol:
[post="1021864"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That is what I'm thinking too...I like to see it too and the husband walk in on it. Maybe the monster will eat him...you never know???
Melissa
:angelic:

Melissa said:
That is what I'm thinking too...I like to see it too and the husband walk in on it. Maybe the monster will eat him...you never know???
[post="1028052"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
I think a little cross-cultural awakening might be in order . . . ;) but death? So far we've seen nothing of the "husband" except that as a caracature who's controlling of the "wife's" behavior. And while I don't like that, it might well be what he thinks is expected of him and I don't know any of his history or motivations (why were they in Australia? going to the US?). I've seen far more of Sun's motivations and responses. I'd prefer to see who they both are and give them a chance to grow before making any snap judgments. (The men I especially object to are the ones who are brought up in the US and order mail-order brides from repressive societies expecting to buy submissive little servants--then they find that their little wives become Americanized and find out they have rights here!)

I'm not so sure that they can't speak English. I think, just like with everyone else, there's a lot more to them than we are presently seeing.

I think the next episode does focus on their "backstory". It should be interesting.

GarnerForEmmy said:
I'm not so sure that they can't speak English.  I think, just like with everyone else, there's a lot more to them than we are presently seeing. 
[post="1028811"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Or one of them . . . I'm keeping an open mind about just about everyone. Everybody seems to have a very interesting story and I'm beginning to wonder if Mr suit might have even brought the plane down on this island with this collection of passengers with a specific agenda in mind. Could the passenger list have been manipulated? (Locke wasn't meant to be on the flight initially, for example; & Kate being there depended on the timing of her capture) If so, why these people & for what purpose? Certainly the crash itself was a bit strange. It was odd that so many people even survived the crash, for one thing. Heck, why is such a large island uncharted (large as suggested by pre-series publicity) and the people there unlocatable for so long despite the presence of signals? And why am I posting all these speculations in this topic? :lol:

Verdentheart posted:
I'm beginning to wonder if Mr suit might have even brought the plane down on this island with this collection of passengers with a specific agenda in mind.
That is an interesting question. So far only Jack has seen him! AND he didn't say anything to anyone else YET! BTW, when I saw the white shoes, I immediately had a PAT BOONE epiphany. :lol:

Could the passenger list have been manipulated? (Locke wasn't meant to be on the flight initially, for example; & Kate being there depended on the timing of her capture) If so, why these people & for what purpose?
ANother interesting question: If it was manipulated, there was far more than the passenger list...i.e. where they ended up sitting inside the fuselage. Obviously from the shows perspective the middle part--including wings and engines ended up on the island's beach and the first class and cockpit further inland while the tail section broke off into the ocean?
I think then that might be a little far fetched...the manipulation, I mean. (n)

Certainly the crash itself was a bit strange. It was odd that so many people even survived the crash, for one thing.
Soft beach sand. :woot: :woot: :woot:
ANd then we have a lot of people with ㊙️ and we want to know them.

Heck, why is such a large island uncharted (large as suggested by pre-series publicity) and the people there unlocatable for so long despite the presence of signals?
Like Topsy, it just growed out of the ocean after it had been charted. I'm certain JJ has some answers for us down the line and they will be :jawdrop:

And why am I posting all these speculations in this topic? :chatchairs:
Because we love to chat with you, that's why.
:cool:

OMG She knows English...I was so freaken shock to hear her speak English and I think her husband over heard her talking it last night. I was so freaken shock like I said before...never saw that one coming.
Before they got stuck on the island did her husband work in the mob???
Melissa
:smiley:

It seems like she's some sort of Korean mob princess or something and one thing that attracted her to her husband in the first place is that he wasn't acceptable to her father, being a waiter and all--but then he made a deal with Daddy, and that didn't sit well with Princess at all, did it? She wanted to run away from Daddy, and here her honey was getting all cozy with him--so it all started to turn south for them even before the wedding and the poor guy didn't even have a clue. I had to feel for him, what with him selling his soul and all so he could marry & provide for her! Meanwhile, I'm somewhat sympathetic to her as well because all he's sacrificed has obviously changed & hardened him ...

I feel for Mr Kim, because it must be challenging for him to build his character effectively when the vast majority of the audience can't understand what he's saying! :blink:

I still think there is so much we don't know about them ... but once she decided to leave him, she was ready ... but she loved him still and wasn't able to do it ... ;)

Alias_Gay said:
I still think there is so much we don't know about them ... but once she decided to leave him, she was ready ... but she loved him still and wasn't able to do it ... ;)
[post="1092340"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
He reminded her why she fell in love with her because he had the flower for her. He reminded her that what he did, he did for her. ;)

Back