I Remember

YEs!! Syd won't be able to keep him away.
come on vaughn, get a clue, an agent killed in action???
WEll great chaps and thanks for pm
Becky

Hey,
Loved these chapters!! (Y)

Sydney used a key and let herself into Vaughn’s apartment.  It was dark and dusty.  He was hardly ever there since he spent most of the time at her house.  She walked through and looked in his kitchen.  Then she made her way to the family room.  She wanted to touch everything; bathe in whatever of him was left there. 
She walked to his bathroom and looked through his aftershave and his hair gel.  Then she went to his bedroom and to his closet.  She found one of his ties already tied hanging on his closet door.  She slipped it over her head.  She also put on one of his button up dress shirts.  Then she collapsed on his bed and began to cry. 

“Syd?” Eric whispered a minute later. 
“Sorry Eric...” She said as she sat up and wiped tears from her eyes.
“You don’t ever have to apologize” Eric told her.  “I just brought you this box... if you want anything...”
“Thanks Eric.... I just need a minute.”
“Sure I’ll be out here.” He said. 
Sydney took a deep breath and removed Michael’s tie and shirt.  She picked up Eric’s box and set it on the bed.  She walked over to Michael’s dresser and picked up two pictures of them.  She sobbed as she put them in the box.  Then she walked to his bathroom and picked up his after shave and put it in the box as well.  She went to his drawer and picked up his father’s watch and put that in the box with the other items.  Then she stood in his room and placed her hand on her stomach. 
“I’m sorry baby.” She whispered.  “I’m so sorry that you’ll never get a chance to know your father.  He was a wonderful man.  The best man I knew.  You would have loved him.  I loved him more than I could ever say.  I’ll love him forever and miss him for always.”
That was sad..... ugh this angst is killing me!!

She lifted the top of the box.  She sighed heavily.  She lifted out Vaughn’s favorite sweatshirt and the boxers and t-shirt of his that she had slept in.  But after his death she couldn’t bear to look at any of it.  She saw his father’s watch lying there in the bottom of the box.  She placed it on her bedside stand. 
Then she took off her clothes and put on his t-shirt and boxers and crawled into bed. 
“I’m sorry Vaughn” She sighed as she let her self cry well into the night until she drifted off to sleep from exhaustion. 
:cry:

“Well... her fiancé was an agent... he was killed in action.” Eric sighed. 
“Oh that’s terrible.” Vaughn sighed. 
“Yeah well she still isn’t exactly over it.” Nadia sighed.
“Oh ok I get it.” Michael smiled.
PLEASE remember Vaughn!!!!!!11 It's so obvious!!!

When Sydney opened the door Vaughn smiled and said.  “Missing something?”
“MICHELLE!” Sydney gasped as she picked up her daughter.  “I thought you were upstairs...”
“Are you ok?” Vaughn asked as he noticed that Sydney was crying.
“What? Uh yeah I’m fine... thanks for bringing her back.” She said distantly. 
“No problem.” Vaughn smiled then he went to walk away. 
“Vaughn.” She blurted out. 
“Yes?” He turned around looking surprised.
“Oh sorry that’s what I call you... or called you...”
“It’s ok.” He smiled.
“Would you mind... I mean you can totally say no if its going to be completely weird but I mean would you mind if I gave you a hug?” She asked. 
“No it’s ok.” He smiled.  She stepped out her front door and wrapped her arms gently around his shoulders.  She sighed heavily still felling in disbelief that she actually had her arms around him.  His hands came to rest on the small of her back.  She wanted stay that way for forever but she knew if she stayed another second she would break down all together and the last thing she wanted to do was to frighten him to death.
Awwwww they hugged....... I'm in tears... (n)

Let him remember soon!!!
Thanks for the PM :D

Lesley

ok janet i don't know what to say except for two things:

you are SOO evil

and that this fic has made me cry more than i have in ages
even when i watched a walk to remember like 3 times in a week
never have i cried this much

ok shelby! please add me to the addict list, whatever the next number is is fine! oh and please pm me with my number :blush:
sorry but i like don't come on much anymore *glares at school*

ok that review sucked
but like.. there's nothing to say that won't make me cry again

but you don't know how much i love this!

luv juju (n)

Do you realise there have been 4 whole pages of reviews since the last chapter- that you only posted yesterday?

That's crazy, you see how much we love this

Even though it's so sad :cry:

That hug.... and his little girl and Syd with his stuff and the watch and eric and the basket ball and... :cry:

Chapter 8
~Why Syd?~
A few days later Sydney took Michelle over to Nadia’s so she and Michael could play.
“How are you holding up?” Nadia asked.
“Uh you know.... not at all.” Sydney sighed.
“You hugged him.” Nadia said. Sydney looked at her in surprise. “Eric saw.”
“Oh yeah...”
“How’d that go?”
“It was terrible... wonderful but terrible. When I saw him standing there behind Michelle... behind his daughter.... I thought I was going to die. I mean I actually thought my heart would just stop beating. I knew that if I didn’t touch him I would pass out. I mean hugging him hurt like you wouldn’t believe but... I had to. I just had to feel him in my arms again to make sure it was real...”
“Syd why are you doing this?” Nadia asked.
“Doing what?”
“Pushing him away. Syd just tell him...”
“NO!” Sydney screamed. “Nadia I can’t”
“Why not?”
“What would I say? By the way I’m your fiancé and this is your daughter?”
“Yes”
“He’d freak.”
“No Sydney he’d be with you.”
“For the wrong reasons – because he felt like he had to”
“Sydney....” Nadia said.
“NO! He can’t its not fair.” Sydney sighed.
“He can’t or you can’t?” Nadia asked.
“I can’t...” Sydney sighed. “I can’t not be with him Nadia. There is something in me that just craves him. If he’s not around at all then it’s ok but if he’s standing right there.... I just can’t. I learned that. When he was with ... her... I couldn’t deal; I can’t go through that again.”
“But what if you being together brings back his memory? I mean that’s a possibility....” Nadia sighed.
“Yeah but... I just can’t” Sydney sighed.

Chapter 9
~It's What We Do~
For the next month and a half Sydney successfully avoided Vaughn. She didn’t see him once. Every time she suspected that he might be visiting next door she refused to even go near a window or a door. She did however think about him every second of every day.
She had completely confused herself with all her emotions to the point where she had just shut down entirely and compartmentalized them all like she was taught to when she was in the CIA. Her heart ached for Vaughn just like it always had only now it was worse because she was the one keeping herself from him. But she couldn’t bring herself to believe he was there. Even if he knew the truth about them, about Michelle, she thought that maybe he would choose not to be with them and to live another life with someone else. That would kill her even more than not knowing at all. She tried desperately to forget him and pretend that he was still dead. The truth was Vaughn was dead still. Even though the physical person existed that person had no memory of being Vaughn and therefore Vaughn was still gone and there was little hope of him ever returning.

~*~

At Thanksgiving she was to go over to Eric and Nadia’s. When she arrived she found Nadia busy in the kitchen.
“Nadia I need to help you” Sydney said.
“No I’m good.”
“Nadia you’re six months pregnant” Sydney laughed. Nadia just shrugged.
“Is anyone here?” Jack called from the doorway.
“In here Dad” Nadia called.
“Hey Dad” Sydney smiled.
“Hello girls. Is Michael here yet?” Jack asked. Nadia glared at him. Sydney gasped.
“By Michael he damn well better mean your son.” Sydney said to Nadia.
“Uh...” Nadia began. “It was Eric’s idea.”
“ERIC!” Sydney screamed.
“What?!” He asked indignantly.
“YOU INVITED VAUGHN?!”
“Uh...”
“How could you... I have to leave...” Sydney said as she headed for the door.
“Wait, wait, wait” Eric said as he caught her arm. “Look I had to invite him because remember he has no memory and therefore no friends. Syd you are going to have to deal with this.”
“I can’t...”
“You can. Please try.”
“How are you dealing with it Eric?” Sydney screamed.
“What are you talking about?” Eric asked.
“I mean what are you doing? Just acting like nothing ever change.”
“No Syd I’m being his friend which is something you should be doing.” Eric said.
“I can’t do that.” She sighed.
“Why the hell not?” Eric shouted. “Syd by doing this you are only punishing yourself and him. Is that what you want to do? Punish him for coming back?”
“No...” She sighed.
“Then stay for dinner – that’s all I ask.”
“Ok...” Sydney said.

“Hi” Vaughn said as he walked in.
“Hey” Nadia smiled. “Go on and make yourself comfortable. Dinner will be ready soon”
“Thanks. Oh hi Mr. Bristow” Michael smiled as he extended his hand.
“It’s Jack” Jack said as he shook his hand.
Vaughn then went in and found Sydney sitting on the floor with her daughter.
“Hi” He said.
“Hi” She mumbled without looking up.
Michelle got up and walked over to him. “Hi” She smiled.
“Hey Michelle” Michael said as he bent down.
“Come play.” She smiled.
“Okay.” He said. He sat down on the floor next to here where she was playing with Lego’s. Sydney sat back and watched them play. It broke her heart because Vaughn was getting along so well with his daughter. She always knew he would make a spectacular father.
“She’s great” Michael said a little later when he sat up on the couch next to Sydney.
“Thanks...” Sydney said.
“She’s beautiful; she looks just like you.”
“Yeah but she has her father’s eyes.” Sydney smiled.

The rest of the family watched them closely knowing that this little arrangement had disaster potential written all over it.
“Uh ok guys dinner!” Nadia said.

After she had had a glass of wine Sydney was feeling much more sociable. By dessert (and three glasses of wine later) she hardly even remembered that Vaughn hadn’t been around for 4 years.
“... yeah and then Lauren freaked out...” Eric laughed.
“Who’s Lauren?” Vaughn asked.
Everyone looked around the table in silence. No one knew what to say or how to say it.
“She was your wife” Sydney said finally. Everyone avoided eye contact with Sydney and Vaughn.
“Wife? I’m married?”
“No” Eric told him.
“I’m divorced?”
“Uh more like widowed.” Eric said.
“She died?”
“Not exactly.”
“You know you could just tell me and that would be easier...” Vaughn groaned.
“She was murdered by you.” Sydney said harshly.
“WHAT?” Michael gasped.
“Vaughn we’re spies... it’s what we do.” Sydney said.
“I’m sorry do you have a problem with me?” Vaughn asked.
“Me?” Sydney asked.
“Yes you. You’ve been cold to me ever since... well I got here.”
“Whatever.” She sighed.
“OK hold it.” Jack said. “Let us explain... your ex – Lauren. She was a spy a bad one... she was a mole in the US government and she tried to kill Sydney but you killed her to protect Sydney. Lauren was a bad person. That’s all you need to know.”
Everyone was silent again.
“Excuse me.” Sydney said as she ran out of the house.
“Oh... but why would I marry her if...” Vaughn began.
“Don’t even go there – trust me you’re better off no knowing” Eric told him.
“What about Sydney?” Vaughn asked.
“What about her?”
“Well her attitude toward me it’s so... I mean did we...” Vaughn let his voice drift off.
“Again... I’m really just not the right person to explain that to you.” Eric said.
“Oh...”
“Unfortunately only she can do that – and it’s clear she’s not ready.”

~*~

Later Jack brought Michelle back to her house.
“Sorry about that I just....” Sydney sighed.
“It’s ok.” Jack said.
“I just don’t think I can do that again...”

PM List - Let me Know if I forgot someone
[i'm putting it in spoiler tags cuz its excessively long... i saw someone at SD1 do this and its a good idea]
sexcivaughn14
i'm an aliasaholic
Vaughnlover15
PoketRockets11
Ms.MichaelVaughn
krzykty57789
mrs.marshal030791
stealthy
wanttobew/MV
aliasfreak8903
mbellsdiva
texasalias2004
aliasgirl89
sfs&v
Alwazabrat
Xtremelimits08
~VartansGirl~
KAliasGirl
vaughnshoney
Agent Roberts
aliasdancer007
ohiochic2010
Spirit
berry_kyoote_spy88
Alias_rocks_87
smartgirl2004
Sydney A Vaughn
deranged_girl
Nancy O
SydVaughn1001
Sydney Bristow 2300844
sparklingrainbow
Mountaineer4746
KoalaMV
Aliasfan23
freckles3706
maddy28
dsracing99
gartan011
vaughnsgurl4lf
SydneyVaughn47
blue_bird
gucci_94
peanutbutter
frangipani
superspy
freaky
gillybean
ASIOagent
msu_ruby
mountaineer143
broe4ever929
agentmoose
littlemissliketofight
anji_alias
hannahb
mightylittleone
fire*N*ice
maddy28
lizababy
vartan-lova
alias_luver
Bekirock
Truth Takes Time 2.18
ooigooicatarpiller
Jen-Jen
jenji124
IwantRome
julesvartan
SydAPO05
rileylovesalias
jughelynj
Jen-Jen
WindyStar47
SweetiePie
iluvalias0203
Bubbles
Alias Fan Gillian
lauren-is-a-b****

Aww, you can't leave us there!!!

I feel bad for Vaughn. The poor guy has no recollection of what the hell happened to him, but he obviously knows something is up with Syd. But, I feel bad for Syd too cause she has all these feelings for him and he doesn't remember. It's a mess.

I'm patiently waiting the happy ending. :P

Update soon! You're killing me! lol. :lol:

So fantastic! Can't wait till Vaughn finds out the truth, and hopefully soon he'll get his memory back and everything should be good and happy again.
It's also so nice to see Jack actuallu being nice and friendly, and everyone just seems so content with their lives. it's nice to see that occasionally.
Thanks for the PM, it's fantastically fantastic.

Oh man. I feel so bad for Vaughn. He's obviously attracted to Syd feels their connection yet he can't figure her out.

Can't wait for the next update!
Jules

Back