Sci-Fi I, Robot (2004)

SecretAgentMan

Caution: Beware of Male
Title: I, Robot

Tagline: Laws are made to be broken.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Alex Proyas

Cast: Will Smith, Bridget Moynahan, Alan Tudyk, James Cromwell, Bruce Greenwood, Shia LaBeouf, Chi McBride, Jerry Wasserman, Peter Shinkoda, Terry Chen, David Haysom, Scott Heindl, Adrian Ricard, Fiona Hogan, Sharon Wilkins, Craig March, Darren Moore, Emily Tennant, Tiffany Lyndall-Knight, Aaron Douglas, Angela Moore

Release: 2004-07-15

Runtime: 115

Plot: In 2035, where robots are commonplace and abide by the three laws of robotics, a technophobic cop investigates an apparent suicide. Suspecting that a robot may be responsible for the death, his investigation leads him to believe that humanity may be in danger.
I, Robot (2004)

Action/Adventure and Science Fiction/Fantasy

1 hr. 45 min.

Will Smith stars in this action thriller inspired by the classic short story collection by Isaac Asimov and brought to the big screen by director Alex Proyas (Dark City, The Crow). In the year 2035, robots are an everyday household item and everyone trusts them, except one slightly paranoid detective (Smith) investigating what he alone believes is a crime perpetrated by a robot. The case leads him to discover a far more frightening threat to the human race.

Release Date: July 16th, 2004.

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense stylized action, and some brief partial nudity.

Distributor: 20th Century Fox

Starring: Will Smith, Bridget Moynahan, James Cromwell, Bruce Greenwood, Alan Tudyk
Directed by: Alex Proyas
Produced by: Topher Dow, John Davis, Laurence Mark, Will Smith

Trailers

Reviews

I want to see this -- it looks good, in a strange way. My sister works at the movie theater and she says loads of people came out of the theater on opening day *crying.* It reminds me a lot of a mixture between The Matrix and Minority Report. It looks cool, IMO.

our most dead theatre that few ppl go to is where we went since its close to my house...it was PACKED like LOTR! Packed! we had four ppl, we had to split in 2's hehe me and my friend got higher in the middle and center! they got really close to the front :lol: and i sat by a black man that laughed at nothing funny, and my friend (who i purposely gaver her the seat) sat by a really big woman who was sitting on her seat and was leaning on me as i was leaning from the black man...half way through the movie...we hit our heads :lol: hehe e told our other friends and busted up laughing in the car!!!

saw it and it was a good movie ... even though the story-line was a bit far-fetched it was done very well ... the ending was stupid though ...

Quiet Disaster said:
I shed a few tears... seriously.

It was definitely a better 2 hours spent than the 2 hours of Catwoman.
:eek: Really ?
But I don't think I'll go to see I, Robot. I'll go for Catwoman though.

@ Gogo : stupid ending, are you surprised ? :rolleyes:

I thought it was fabulous. It seriously echoed (no pun intended) some scenes in Minority Report, but what the hey. Minority Report will ALWAYS be the best sci-fi movie out there.

Anyway, I thought mostly everything was great! It had a strong screenplay with outstanding special effects! I mean, c'mon, those robots looked REAL. It had an exciting musical underscore, great direction, twists and turns around every corner, fantastic cinematography, and a great supporting cast. One thing that really threw me off was the casting of the female lead :confused: Her name is apparently Bridget Moynahan, and I think she was the largest flaw of the movie. She could hardly act or show emotion, and she just wasn't convincing during a time of terror (not going in to details, you guys see it for yourself). Will Smith had his type-cast self super hero with a sarcastic attitude (could be very funny at times) and really brought a lot to the movie.

I give it 8/10! (y) (y) (y)

Sophie said:
Quiet Disaster said:

surprised with the ending? not really ... what else could Sonny do ... ;)

are you gonna see Catwoman? I heard so many bad things about that movie ... I have no idea if I will see it ... but if I do ... and its bad ... or worse ... I will tell the world about it ...

Alias_Gay said:
Sophie said:
Quiet Disaster said:

surprised with the ending? not really ... what else could Sonny do ... ;)

are you gonna see Catwoman? I heard so many bad things about that movie ... I have no idea if I will see it ... but if I do ... and its bad ... or worse ... I will tell the world about it ...
Catwoman is not out yet here, neither I, robot.
I like Halle Berry, it could be a reason. :rolleyes: I should watch the trailer first.
If you see it, I wanna know what you thought about it. ;)

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database