Horror I sold the film rights to my Fantasy/Horror novel

Hi guys. I was just looking for some cool sci fi forums to check out when I found this one, but I didn't just want to spam my novel(s) success, so I'm leaving the link out and my name, unless I get confirmation from an admin here that it's cool to drop that.

I started out indie but with the recent success I've had, I've been able to make some other connections and I've got an opportunity to write for a television pilot, and I've got work with a Marvel Comics artist on a small project. However, the novel that had its rights sold is free as an ebook on Monday, so if it's cool, or if the admins are fine with it, I'll post the link only then. It's got 56 reviews, but it could use more, and I recently launched a sci fi series, book 2 of which is out now.

I saw someone else posted a similar thread back in October and thought I'd throw it out there. I was also wondering how many other authors we have on this forum, and if there's a thread for you guys. Sorry if there's an obvious thread that I just missed, I'm writing this a bit hurriedly from work :smiley:

Well, I don't know if I have approval from any admin(s) to post it on here, I want to make sure it's not something that's frowned upon in this community. If you guys think it's okay, or if an admin says it's cool, I'll post the links. Just don't want anybody getting upset--you know how some authors spam like crazy on other people's sites. Or I can PM, if that's better?

I'd say post it! I'm new here too, but I think there's a big difference in spamming and sharing and it's usually obvious. And now I'm curious to see it!

Well okey-doke! I'll put it here and feel free to delete it if it's in violation.

I write for two book series, and the one that I managed to sell the film rights to begins with PSYCHO SAVE US, and its sequel, PSYCHO WITHIN US. I worked with a pair of Marvel Comics artist to make the book covers, the most prominent one is Axel Torvenius. I sold the film rights to Sundance award-winning filmmaker John Harkrider.

Psycho Save Us (The Psycho Series Book 1) - Kindle edition by Huskins, Chad, Torvenius, Axel, Fruman, William. Mystery, Thriller & Suspense Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

Or, if you're into audio books, I had a professional do the entire book, at the link below:

Audible.com | Try Audible Free Today

The other series, which is actually starting to sell better than even the Psycho Series and getting great reviews, is my sci-fi series. The first one is called THE PHANTOM IN THE DEEP, and the sequel is THE IMMORTAL GAME. All my books will be free as ebooks Nov. 27 - 28 and then again Dec. 24 - 26.

Amazon.com: The Phantom in the Deep (Rook's Song Book 1) eBook: Huskins, Chad, Fruman, William: Kindle Store

I don't know about the rest of you writers on here, but I've started making rounds on the cons. DragonCon and MonsterCon down here in the southern U.S. That's what really started transforming my books into a business. Anybody else here a writer?

Well, I don't know if I have approval from any admin(s) to post it on here, I want to make sure it's not something that's frowned upon in this community. If you guys think it's okay, or if an admin says it's cool, I'll post the links. Just don't want anybody getting upset--you know how some authors spam like crazy on other people's sites. Or I can PM, if that's better?
Sorry for not responding sooner but as the local admin.... feel free to post! As @Daryn mentioned, the obvious spam posts are pretty easy to spot versus legitimate links.

A rule of thumb for our community is pretty simple... if authors take the time to join our community and takes part in the forums then they certainly have the right to post links to their works. It's a bit of a symbiotic relationship; authors active in the forums help build our community and in return we try to do whatever we can to support the authors.

I don't know about the rest of you writers on here, but I've started making rounds on the cons. DragonCon and MonsterCon down here in the southern U.S. That's what really started transforming my books into a business.
Working the cons is something I haven't see anybody mention before. Is it a situation where you rent space or do you volunteer your time as a panel speaker or some other type of participation?
Anybody else here a writer?
There's actually several! Some are more active than others.

Some people to check out are... @astonwest @Verna @glc3 @julirew @robert eggleton and @RobertLCollins -- There are others so that is the off-the-top-of-my-head spur-of-the-moment free-thinking list.

For you sci fi fans, THE PHANTOM IN THE DEEP and its sequel THE IMMORTAL GAME are both free as ebooks today through Saturday: Amazon.com: The Phantom in the Deep (Rook's Song Book 1) eBook: Huskins, Chad, Fruman, William: Kindle Store

As for your question about working the cons: Yes, at first I was paying for booths. It cost anywhere from $200 - $600, depending on which con and the location of the booth. However, I eventually became a kind of "face" around the cons and I was invited to be on a few panels--Doctor Who, Star Wars, and just generally speaking about the influence sci-fi/fantasy has had on me and/or pop culture. My knowledge of sci-fi and fantasy is extensive enough that I get invited back, sometimes without having to pay. And sometimes they want me to talk about my life as an indie author and how I've grown it as a small business.

It's baby steps, really, and I've only recently started stepping into the broader world of writing. For instance, because I sold the film rights to PSYCHO SAVE US, I was introduced to someone who invited me to write episode 3 of a fantasy/horror series being pitched to Starz. Things like that get invited back to cons, where I talk about my experiences (little as they are) in the film and television world. I usually get a few new readers from each con, and the fan following (such as it is) slowly grows. It's kind of like that, a slow, slow snowball effect.

I think that is awesome!!! I would love to have either of our books picked up for a tv movie or anything else. Congratulations!!!

Verna

Back