I want more time.

See, whenever some glitzy advertisement comes on, with an annoying jingle, or celebrity endorsement, or an obnoxious narrator, or anything else, I immediately start to hate the product, regardless of how good it is, because they're treating me like an idiot by thinking their bright colors and blastwave of sounds will appeal to me.

I will not purchase an item that is not good enough to be sold on its own without advertising. If your product is so bad that you need to appeal to the lowest common denominator, I'll take my business elsewhere. I will pay many times the price of the common brand to purchase a superior unknown brand.

Perfect example? Jones soda. Expensive, but worth it. They advertise, yes, so that turns me off slightly. However, their advertisements are generally tactful, and very well done. And they donate a significant portion of their proceeds to charity.

I don't mind a clever or funny commercial. I'm more likely to remember a clever one than a dull one anyway. But don't treat me like an idiot with felgercarb like the Fanta commercials. Oh hey! Half naked, underweight women with breast implants dressed in bright colors! And they're dancing evocatively while singing a nonsense song about a crappy beverage! I'm sold! And its even worse if they market something to kids. COOCOO FOR COCOA PUFFS!!!! A-HEY HEY!!!!

/rant off

*mutters*

~Dune~

Bright, loud, and cheery things annoy me as well, but... Well, first off, the women in the Fanta commercials aren't underweight, just on the thin side, and none of them are particularly large-breasted, either. Are they fake? I don't know, I haven't seen 'em. What I do know is they don't look ridiculously large or oddly shaped, as fake ones often seem to be. Now, they are rather idiotically dressed, with way too much make-up on, and if you ask me, that annoying jingle is just shy of enough to inspire violent crime, but aside from the stupid grins on their faces, I'd say the women all look pretty normal. *shrug* Really, they aren't even particularly attractive. Are they "half naked"? No. Two of them are even in full-length pants! Are they "dancing evocatively"? I don't consider that dancing, nor do I consider it evocative. *shrug* Anyway, crappy commercials, yes, but the women aren't the full-size Barby dolls you make them out to be. At least, not in my opinion.

Also, drinking Jones soda is like sucking down straight syrup. I appreciate their odd flavors, but I don't personally like soda anyway, so I guess I'm not the best judge.

Anyway, yeah. Loud, annoying, and bright commercials annoy me as well, but unless something is particularly obnoxious, I honestly don't care. That being said, a good commercial can occasionally win me over.

Pepsi?!?

Evil.jpg

I admit, since Jones is made with pure cane sugar, it tends to be sweeter than most, but each flavor of Jones is different. Which did you try?

~Dune~

Yeah, their Cream Soda has a very heavy flavor. My roommate and I joke that it is the Vodka of cream soda, not only because it's so strong, but also because it comes in those alcohol-like bottles and is clear and viscous enough to look like vodka.

The FuFu Berry I didn't like. It is way too sweet and fruity for me. The Green Apple is delectible, with a lovely mix of sour to keep it nice and tangy. I also recently tried the Lemon Drop flavor. I took one sip and was impressed: it has a sour aftertaste like a real lemon drop. I spent the entire afternoon immitating Dumbledore too.

*grins*

~Dune~

Back