I want to be a ---- when I make a character!

What role will you fill?

• I prefer to cripple my oponents.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buffs for ALL!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I'll be trying to get as close as possible to the Storm Disciple I had in Horizons, just switching from martial Arts to a slender twohanded Sword. (...or maybe a Bladestaff, if those are available and not too mainstream.) So I'll need light or no Armor, Meleeskills and Naturemagic, like Restoration, Buffs, Snares and such - and definitely Lightningbolts and Thunder. A total Hybrid.

So I'll likely go for Warrior/Wizard, with a highly limited Selection of Spells. ...I guess that would be pretty pure DPS though, but maybe Rogue or Ranger will be Options too, depending on how restrictive the Classes will be.

I'm probably going to be a rogue but then again I won't be able to start my main character for awhile. At first I think I'm going to just fool around and get a feel for the game.

I'm especially interested in how jobs/equipment types/play styles will work in this game. I don't have much experience in MMOs but I did play a lot of FFXI it was pretty much everyone doing exactly the same thing... or else. Don't try anything new or creative and you should be ok. I really hated that and hope this game doesn't turn out the same way.:-L

I chose a little of this and a little of that, as In GW I have 1 character of each. I probably start with some sort of warrior type or ranger type to get a feel for the game. As Lethe said, I'm interested in how jobs/equipment types/play styles will work in this game.

I will miss Empaths so much when this game comes out, but either way, I'll likely be *some* kind of healer. I always end up being a healer of some type in MMOs, from my druid in EQ1, to my minstrel in LOTRO, and my level 70 inquisitor in EQ2 (*waves at Vahsyl*). Though, since we don't have to be just one thing, I wouldn't mind adding some...well...sturdiness to my healer. ;)

this picture:
hero_engine.jpg

clearly shows some combined classes at the bottom right:

BeachComber
Cur
GreenAdier
Herold
Necromancer
RockCrawler
SandVermin
Shaman
Warrior

Either that or the title of the square "Players by secondary class" is wrong and it's really more of a # of "Creatures" square. I could see that since the #'s of 'secondary classes' greatly outweigh the #s of players by primary class square.

I'm probably going for some form of melee DPS + healing. Because I love both, I just never wind up doing the healing thing because almost every other MMO in existence makes me heal exclusively which doesn't work well if you're a loner who only groups with known parties like me.

I'm definitely rogue with healing as a sub...I like to have the ability to heal, but I am much too easily distracted to be a main healer. I also love sneaking more than fighting.

I always like having the ability to heal myself and others when needed. I usually go for damage dealers, but I'm willing to sacrifice damage for survivability. That's why I tend towards Druids and Shamans in WoW. Because of that I'm almost certain to go for "______ and healer." At this point a ranger/healer and wizard/healer intrigue me the most, but I wouldn't rule out a ranger/wizard combination to get away from healing.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the abilities of the primary/secondary.

My first thought like many here is that one of the two will be healing.

But I wonder if there are so many secondary healers what the advantage to primary healers would be.

Is the secondary class going to be like the shadow knights of EQ? He can cast Necromancers spells, but he gets them so much later that they are of much less use then the primary caster?

Maybe they get the spells at the same time but casting spells/using abilities from the secondary skill set cost twice as much mana/energy/mujo?

Or maybe the secondary set of skills is based on the primary? For example a Necromancer/healer heals others by taking from himself while a ranger/healer might heal by some sort of nature effect..

So many things not known or at least no known to me... If its been said already, please point me the right direction...

Regardless, I’ll be some sort of spell caster / ranged user... I've never been one that enjoys "tank" type roles.

I always like to play as a rogue/ranger or rogue/warrior combo so I'm sure I'll test out those combos first. I was thinking of a Rogue/necro or warrior/necro combo as well....

Not entirely sure what I'll play. Usually it works out where I play the DPS role and my wife plays the healer role in MMORPGs, perhaps we'll switch out the roles for HJ, or... with dual-classing we could both be the DPS and healing. I'm sure a lot of folks will do similar stuff in favor of easy soloing though, so hmm... I dunno. I've always been one to pick the wizardly types, so maybe I'll play a Wizard/Cleric or Necro/Cleric (just for the sake of being holy and unholy at the same time) while my wife plays the something/empath or empath/something. Er... Healer. Empath is DR *smacks forehead*

I like warriors that can dish out damage as well as take it, so I'll go with war as my primary class. As for the secondary, I don't know yet. It's a tossup between gknt, rogue, and necro.

I will probably have multiple character and just play whichever I feel like playing at the time. Most likely Rouge, Ranger, Warrior, maybe a mage of some sort.

Back