I was wondering…

Charlie said:
So do you guys want to try it (locking all threads in Random and moving them to Member Lounge, removing Random and creating ONE random thread, but allowing some threads to be restarted)?
Why don't we keep the Random forum but lock it, so it will be like an archive? That way, if things don't go smoothly, we can always revert to the old/current system.

AliasALIAS said:
Charlie said:
So do you guys want to try it (locking all threads in Random and moving them to Member Lounge, removing Random and creating ONE random thread, but allowing some threads to be restarted)?
Why don't we keep the Random forum but lock it, so it will be like an archive? That way, if things don't go smoothly, we can always revert to the old/current system.
Will do.

AliasALIAS said:
Charlie said:
i like this idea better because i'm actually not too keen on the one random thread idea, but i think it's worth a shot. so, if things don't go as planned, there's something to fall back on.

and k. ackles - it's okay, i didn't get at first either. :P i THINK what charlie's saying is that all the random threads would be closed and there would be ONE random topic started where anyone could talk about anything and say hi/bye/lmao/whatever they want. some of the random topics would be allowed to be restarted and these would be in the member lounge where posts would count (on the strict condition that they stay on topic). i think that's how it goes. not too sure. if i got something wrong somewhere, someone correct me.

Okay...if that's what is going on...I agree with it :D otherwise, I'll have to reconsider...but I'll probably still agree.

If something starts on topic, goes off topic briefly (5 or less posts) and then goes back on topic, is that permitted at all?

K. Ackles said:
If something starts on topic, goes off topic briefly (5 or less posts) and then goes back on topic, is that permitted at all?
It’s discouraged, but OK if the other topic is somehow related to the current topic.

Well that's what I meant...like if in the LotR thread, sum1 asked when Orlando blooms new movie came out, and then was answered and then moved on with LotR. Not like the Hi Bye thing.

AliasALIAS said:
Charlie said:
i think that is a good idea, but i think that you should at least move a couple threads like the vent/rave/cry/whatever thread and a few others back into the member lounge before locking the random lounge to give them one more chance (even though we don't really deserve to have a second chance since we were warned but those were great threads and they have good topics and i think we could stay on topic)

I have to say, that I post where I see something that interests me, Random or not. And I'm not to bothered about post cout, unless I'm close to a promotion, and then I scrounge for something to post.

yes of course you've been there!
I know, I ment like a sub-forumy type thing, for LotR threads.

Just to let evryone know, I am not moving anymore threads to the Random Forum since it seems like it would be a waste. That's just me though, I can't speak for the rest of the staff.

Im all for Charlie's idea...i think it will be good and if we all try and stay on-topic more it will be great...i know we can stay on-topic...everyone can...we just dont want to...but now with a thread thats random and counts posts i think it will help us control ourselves lol

Aliasgirl47 said:
Same here. I think this would be good, just as long as we can still have our clubs and cliques, I'm all for it!
They would not be clubs and cliques. They would be discussion of college, instead of a clique for people in college to talk about anything. There would be one (and only one) random thread for any "talk about anything here" stuff.

Back