Ian McKellen

Does anyone else think Ian McKellen is amazing? He was soooooooo good in LOTR he should have won the oscar for best supporting actor! I have since lost faith in the oscars...

Richard III? no... but I watched X-men last night. He was brilliant again :smiley: hehe I was going crazy, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart! What more could I as for ;)

verdantheart said:
Yes, indeed! Have you seen his Richard III?
;)
a horse a horse my kingdom for a horse? that one?...i gotta see that sometime

a absolutely adore ian mckellan and i think hes brilliant and the academy is annoying, but i love hime anyway...im so glad i discovered him through lotr...he should of played dumbledore(not that i have anything against richard harris, but lhe doesnt have that twinkle in his eye) :smiley:

He would have been a perfect Dumbledore! And all that felgercarb about confusing the two movies... they are so hard to confuse its not even funny.

marshalllovr4eva said:
a horse a horse my kingdom for a horse? that one?...i gotta see that sometime
His Richard III has been updated to the 20th century, actually. Plus, I hear he was brilliant in Gods and Monsters, in which he plays James Whale, the director of Frankenstein. I haven't seen that one yet, though . . . been meaning to forever . . .
;)

He is an amazing actor...and I'm very angry he lost at the Oscars. I especially loved him in LOTR (obviously) but he was incrediblle in the Scarlet Pimpernel. It was one of the first times I saw him acting, and I was blown away.

Ian McKellan is a brilliant actor. He fits into his roles so well and makes his parts so believable! I mean who can go from Magneto to Gandalf? Amazing!

that's where i've heard that name. LotR! i'm listening to the Odyssey (book on tape) and he's reading it. i saw his name on the cover and thought, is this the guy in LotR? and he was.

He is really good at what he does. I am so proud of him.

And it took a lot of guts for him to come out of the closet, and get some of the biggest roles of his life!!! Yay! Ian!!

And he was really good in some movie about Russia (apparently) my friend watched it in history class!

OMG He's fantastic!! He just blows me away in LOTR! He's so good in X-men and X2 also! I love him! Now that Richard Harris died is Ian Mckellen going to play Dumbledore??

No, he won't be Dumbledore, in fact Ian said that he and Richard had a fight prior to his death, something about Richard saying he didn't like Ian's acting. Weird huh?

Back