Dismiss Notice
Alien Soup is a free community for fans of science-fiction, horror, & fantasy! Everybody is welcome here.

Ice

Discussion in 'Open Chat' started by Tom, Dec 7, 2004.

1. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

:cool: I drink tanker loads of Pepsi. I do so from a glass with ice. I came up with a method of making Ice that may intrest someone.

Small throwaway plastic cups {like for water coolers}
    Fill with water and freeze
    Peel off the plastic cup and place the bergs in a bowl on the freezer
    I just grab a chunk and chuck it into a glass and it lasts and lasts.
    Saves me a bundle on bags of ice since my icemaker went kaput.

Pepsi note: Try this-
    Get some of that frozen juice {the kind with the resealable cap}
    drop a spoonfull of it right out of the container frozen into your drink-its great! It's also good on Ice Cream!

2. Kevin

Kevin Code Monkey Staff Abductee

I used to be a big Diet Pepsi fan until they switched our machines at work from an independent vendor to the local Coca-Cola franchise. Now I'm a Diet Dr. Pepper fiend. :P

It took me a few seconds to visualize your ice cube idea. I get it now! [​IMG] It creates a really big ice cube for your glass instead of using several smaller ones. I may have to try that idea once Spring comes around and we start having outside functions again.

3. Tom

Tom An Old Friend

Oh how I miss the SUMMER!

Every summer we load up just about every possible weekend for a romp at Johnson's Shut-Ins State Park near Misery, MO.
    I buy balloons and fill them with water and freeze them solid.
    I fill the Ice Chests with them instead of Ice. If the balloons dont break I just refreeze when we get home. :jiggy:
    More Johnson's Shut-Ins
    More