Well, which is it?

• Internet Explorer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Firefox

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

scope

Cadet
so here's whats up. I have used IE since like ie3 but im starting to get sick of it. so i started using firefox aka mozilla. it seems so far that all of that places i went using ie work except for launch.yahoo.com, i cant watch videos, oh well, its not like i uninstalled ie (mostly because if you do using xp you will crash ur machine) so if i really have to watch music videos i can still do it. I so think that firefox is so much better than ie. whats everyone else think?

Yeah I like firefox, especially for browsing this forum in tabbed mode. I can load up 40 posts and read through them extremely quickly. I also like the find feature, which automatically highlights each instance of the word in green. Download Manager is also nice. POpup bloerk, an obvious must, and I think works much better than IE's does. Lack of activeX support is still a pain, which explains your problem with launch.yahoo.com. And there are certain sites that might be coded specifically to the way IE renders a page so that they don't look quite right (case in point, ABC's Alias website). But for the most part, I do like it, and it's becoming my primary browser.

Of course I'm so used to typing iexplore at the run dialog box that sometimes when my brain thinks browser, my fingers will launch IE without even thinking about it. I'm trying to break that habbit now.

I just downloaded firefox a couple of days ago and it is lots better then IE. The tab option is nice, as is the different engines you can search up in your toolbar. And as xin li said the find feature is cool too.

xinli11 said:
Of course I'm so used to typing iexplore at the run dialog box that sometimes when my brain thinks browser, my fingers will launch IE without even thinking about it.  I'm trying to break that habbit now.
[post="1013362"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

yeah have that problem too

I downloaded firefox yesterday... I like it but there are some things that kinda annoy me... for example the style sheets on my website aren't working... and now I also can't scroll down while writing this reply... :confused:
but I love the download manager... it kinda scared me first but I'll get used to it... :smiley:

Firefox is definitely better than IE. It hasn't crashed on me yet.

On a funnier note, when I installed Firefox and tried to open IE and it crashed on me. :whistle:

FIREFOX KICKS ASS!!!!!!

If you're not using it yet, you're insane...

The preview release of 1.0 does have quite a few bugs, but the official release of 1.0 won't - it's the first official version of Firefox EVER (since all the 0.8 and 0.9 versions never were official), is COMING OUT ON NOVEMBER 9TH!

Make sure to snatch that less than 2 weeks from now and tell your friends to switch it.

What's so great about it is that, with extensions (check out the extensions mirror at http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/), you can make it do all kinds of things - or if you want a really nice, simple browser, just keep it the way it is. It can be for really advanced users or for newbies which is great!

I know, I sound like a geek being excited about a stupid web browser, but honestly, this one is worth being excited about.

And spread the fire at http://www.spreadfirefox.com!

Even though I despise the DLM in Firefox and think the program and its developers blow for not allowing the option of going back to the old separate windows under the Microsoftian pretense of being forward-thinking... it's still 88.232 times better than IE. I use Mozilla, myself. Not 100% Gecko, but still amazing compared to IE's rendering.

It's a damn shame IE is still so prevalent. It holds web technology back by about six years. Think that's an exaggeration? Go read A List Apart and Position Is Everything.

I prefer Firefox way more then IE. My IE always messes up with all those toolbars and pop ups. Here, with Firefox, i barely get pop ups and no toolbars. And my IE lags when i open it.
So Firefox all the way!

Firefox is definitely better than IE. Because IE sucked I used Netscape. I downloaded Firefox a couple days ago and I like it a lot. IE sucks. I think I'm going to use Firefox from now on because there are more things I can do with it. Netscape, u could never see stuff instantly from Creative on it and it didn't always show pics. Now I have to move all my Bookmarks form Netscape to Firefox. oh joy. But I definitely prefer Firefox.

Vesh said:
Even though I despise the DLM in Firefox and think the program and its developers blow for not allowing the option of going back to the old separate windows under the Microsoftian pretense of being forward-thinking... it's still 88.232 times better than IE. I use Mozilla, myself. Not 100% Gecko, but still amazing compared to IE's rendering.

It's a damn shame IE is still so prevalent. It holds web technology back by about six years. Think that's an exaggeration? Go read A List Apart and Position Is Everything.
[post="1046419"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

ITA with you Vesh! That download manager is felgercarb!

I despise firefox. sorry all you tech folks. Half the comps in my house have it, but mine has IE and I'm glad cuz every time I add some kind of effect or script to my site and try to view it on firefox, it screws it up. damn you firefox. :hmm: I don't see a positive difference personally....then again I don't pay that much atten. :P

Brittany said:
I despise firefox.  sorry all you tech folks.  Half the comps in my house have it, but mine has IE and I'm glad cuz every time I add some kind of effect or script to my site and try to view it on firefox, it screws it up.  damn you firefox.  :hmm:  I don't see a positive difference personally....then again I don't pay that much atten.  :P
[post="1226332"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Well, I'm not going to go through all of the advantages of Firefox, but if that is all that bothers you about it, that can be fixed. It rarely happens (at least in my experience) that a page is screwed up in Firefox but if for some reason it is, there is a plug-in for FF that allows you to view what the page looks like in IE.

Not using web standards, Brit? =P

Wow.

No, you're like... fifteen thousand miles away from anything even remotely resembling web standards. It's no wonder at all why it screws up in standards-forward browsers. There's entirely too much IE-proprietary stuff in there.

Bone up on web standards.

I prefer firefox, I like the option it gives when a pop up is detected. however, don't like the fact that when you press the backspace key it doesn't go to the previous page, but I still think it is better than ie.

Back