Season 4 If Lena Olin reconsidered...

If Lena reconsidered, would Irina be back?

• Of course! They'd do anything to have her on the show again.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, she's dead as a doornail - Lena missed her chance.

• It doesn't matter because Lena will never reconsider.

• It doesn't matter because Irina isn't really dead.

• Total voters
They tried to get Ms Olin back and couldn't, so they needed to end the uncertainty. There couldn't be any misidentification: that's why Jack did the deed and Sydney identified the body. They had Sydney and Nadia visit the grave to bring it home: this event happened. She isn't coming back. Jack isn't going to pretend to Sydney that she's dead (I killed your mother--April Fools!). Now the writers know what they're dealing with instead of having to constantly deal with this annoying "maybe but probably not" plothole. If, by some miracle, Ms Olin should suddenly have a change of heart, I would say no, too late, the door has been closed. What would they do? Bring out some ridiculous Rambaldi resurrection elixir? :lol: No thanks.

I wish that they could have worked it out and I wonder what might have been--what broad arc the generally had in mind for season 3 going out of season 2 that blew up in their faces . . . but it's no use. Far better to cut our losses and move on. RIP, Irina!
✌️

verdantheart said:
They tried to get Ms Olin back and couldn't, so they needed to end the uncertainty. There couldn't be any misidentification: that's why Jack did the deed and Sydney identified the body. They had Sydney and Nadia visit the grave to bring it home: this event happened. She isn't coming back. Jack isn't going to pretend to Sydney that she's dead (I killed your mother--April Fools!). Now the writers know what they're dealing with instead of having to constantly deal with this annoying "maybe but probably not" plothole. If, by some miracle, Ms Olin should suddenly have a change of heart, I would say no, too late, the door has been closed. What would they do? Bring out some ridiculous Rambaldi resurrection elixir? :lol:  No thanks.

I wish that they could have worked it out and I wonder what might have been--what broad arc the generally had in mind for season 3 going out of season 2 that blew up in their faces . . . but it's no use. Far better to cut our losses and move on. RIP, Irina!
✌️
[post="1153613"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

do you really think sydney was being truthful when she said she identified her mother's body? i personally thought that was just a cover up for jack's actions... but then again how woudl she know where the grave was.... but its not like jack just killed her yesterday... unless jack had just killed her when sydney found the wittenburg documents...
felgercarb i confused myself :blink:

SkyGirl5 said:
do you really think sydney was being truthful when she said she identified her mother's body? i personally thought that was just a cover up for jack's actions... but then again how woudl she know where the grave was.... but its not like jack just killed her yesterday... unless jack had just killed her when sydney found the wittenburg documents...
[post="1153626"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Oh, then Jack didn't kill Irina and Sydney knows that but hates him for no reason?

I think Syd definitely was covering up Jack's actions and she doesn't want to have to explain to Nadia that her mother was KGB spy, blah blah blah.

And there's no way in the world Syd "identified" the body and had her put in that tomb. Syd just found out that her mother was killed. And there was no scene indicating that Jack told her where her mother was and where to go discover the body.

If Irina is dead, they have certainly left open enough holes, so that they can bring her back. For me, no body=no death.

tippinlover said:
If Irina is dead, they have certainly left open enough holes, so that they can bring her back.  For me, no body=no death.
[post="1153641"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
That means that they could never kill her off to satisfy you because they'd have to get Ms Olin to do so. :lol: -_-

verdantheart said:
Oh, then Jack didn't kill Irina and Sydney knows that but hates him for no reason?
[post="1153634"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

no i didnt say that
i dont know if he killed her - he probably did
but i was just saying the whole speach syd made was a bit suspicious for me...

verdantheart said:
That means that they could never kill her off to satisfy you because they'd have to get Ms Olin to do so.  :lol:  -_-
[post="1153662"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

:devil: Heh. Is that too much to ask? :angelic:

Leslie said:
[post="1153789"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Not too much to ask. Just too much to expect. :P ;)
✌️

I clicked ofcourse, but i saw It doesn't matter because Irina isn't really dead after i hit add relpy. I really think that she is still alive.

Leslie said:
[post="1153789"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

maybe they can get her to do one more episode and let Syd be the one to kill her for good ... ;)

Yep, I still want her to be alive :angelic:

the thing is that the way the story unfolded was bit of strange ... so thats why we as Irina's fan don't want to believe that "particular story" of her being killed by Jack to protect Sydney ... it goes against so much background ... ;)

I think there's also an element of "the boy who cried wolf." SO MANY people on Alias have come back from the dead (sometimes more than once), or were presumed to be dead and turned up alive, that it's natural to be cautious when anyone dies on the show. I don't even think they really expect us to believe in the deaths right at first. How can we? It goes against all our previous experience with the show.

However, in this case I do think the writers will probably work under the assumption that Irina is dead. If by some miracle they did get Lena back, they could always adjust things accordingly.

ofcourse ... they will ... but we do want her to come back ... but if the writers want us to believe that storyline ... they better give us more info on what really happened ... ;)

I personally think that they shouldn't have Irina alive anymore, but stick with this that she's really dead (and Jack killed her). But what I really, really, really, really would want to see and what would be the best if Lena agrees to gueststar: episode where are lots of flashbacks of Irina, including long scene where Jack kills her. Just think about it... It would be so great!!! I would imagine, that it wouldn't be anything easy. Firstly Jack would had to found a way, so that there is just the two of them, no guards or Irina's sisters or anything... Then at some point I would imagine that they both say that they love each others and kiss (maybe even have sex) and then Jack would try to kill her (it wouldn't be easy for him at all)... But Irina as a clever woman would notice it and there would be a big fight... Wich would ofcourse eventually lead Irina dieing. Jack would hold her and stroke her hairs gently, as Irina takes her last breaths and they change their last words. Something like that. ;) I'm sure that, that flashback would be one of the best Alias scenes ever!

If someone has killed/kills Irina, it should be Jack or Sydney. I prefer that the best choise would be Jack doing it. No Vaughn, Arvin or any not familiar person (*shrug*), but definately Jack. But they need to give more reasons, becouse I don't think that Irina really would try to kill Sydney, there has to be something other...

Lets pray that Irina comes back atleast for one episode, she's awesome! :angelic: :cool: But happens what happens, I trust Alias's writers, they are very professionals. Same thing I can't say about my other favorite show Charmed's writers. :rolleyes:

Alias's writers have handled perfectly Irina's character even without showing her. They understand how important character she is, even when she's away and not capasible to be shown becouse actor doesn't want to guest star. They can't leave the character out, becouse it would be really stupid and would only take show down. Charmed's writers... These days it's really pathetic how they don't even mention Prue (Shannen Doherty) as much as they should, I definately wouldn't call them professionals. Well some of them are really good ones, but most of them are just decent at the top, who don't deserve to be working with that (once really) great show. This is for you JJA and the rest Alias writers!! (y) (y) Keep it up! :cool:

If they can get Lena for 2 episodes, and have this storyline finally over ... I would say ... let Syd be the one to kill Irina for good ... :angelic:

SkyGirl5 said:
but i was just saying the whole speach syd made was a bit suspicious for me...

I agree with you. I think Sydney made up that story to give Nadia closure and protect Jack. If there was no body, I think Nadia would want to look for it, which means that she might find out the truth.

Besides, I find it hard to believe that Jack would kill Irina and leave her body lying around somewhere, only to be found by Sydney. Way to cover up your tracks, Jack! Unless of course Jack is the one who 'buried' Irina in Moscow, but then we'd only have his word for it, and we all know Jack is doesn't reveal all.

Just my 0.2c.

To be honest, I think even if the writers have actually killed Irina off in their minds, they wouldn't hesitate in resurrecting her if Lena Olin said she wanted to make a swansong appearance.

I mean, let's face it, Alias is a bit like the X-Files was in that almost any twist is possible to be gotten away with, even if it means reviving the dead & buggering up continuity. And no fan would say no to Irina's necessary & far too overlong return.

Come on Lena, be a good girl & sign up!... (y)

AJB said:
To be honest, I think even if the writers have actually killed Irina off in their minds, they wouldn't hesitate in resurrecting her if Lena Olin said she wanted to make a swansong appearance.

I mean, let's face it, Alias is a bit like the X-Files was in that almost any twist is possible to be gotten away with, even if it means reviving the dead & buggering up continuity. And no fan would say no to Irina's necessary & far too overlong return.

Come on Lena, be a good girl & sign up!... (y)
[post="1196393"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

well said...
amen

Back