Season 4 If Olivia Reed returned

Season 3 ended without the capture/death of Olivia-the cold blooded killer mother of Lauren Reed.

Personally I found Lauren's storyline much more tense when Olivia came on the scene. Somehow Olivia was more acceptable as a spy than Lauren. Melissa George was a great actress, but when Lauren was revealed as Covenant, I thought-you're kidding, that little girl, who broke up Vaughn and Syd-is a killer?!!

I do hope Olivia returns, but by herself, not dragged down by the poor Lauren storyline.
She was a super guest star and a good villian-given that Sloane was not really a villian at the end of the season. She was a real bad guy.

Any thoughts?

I personally thought that the Olivia story was a little iffy. Maybe it was because I was angry that every single family on this show is part of the spy biz, but maybe the character just rubbed me the wrong way

Yeah, I only want one spyfamily. But it would OK if Olivia came back to get revenge on Syd and Vaughn. She was pretty cold-hearted about killing her husband. I just don't want her to have an affair with Sark, that would be weird. Maybe she'll have some answers about who was controlling Lauren and Syd.

Moving to season 4 since this seems like a near-term topic. ;)

Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing her if the story that saw her come in didn't look to obvious. It could work, and I actually didn't even think of it until now so I'm curious to see what happens. :D

aliasfanjay said:
Yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing her if the story that saw her come in didn't look to obvious. It could work, and I actually didn't even think of it until now so I'm curious to see what happens. :D
[post="1032948"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Yeah, it could be interesting. I want to know why she and Lauren were so evil. It seems like so many women on this show are with guys, just to steal info from them. i.e. Irina with Jack, Allison with Will, Elsa Caplan with Neil, Lauren with Vaughn, and Olivia Reed with the senator. So many bad girls.

I do think one big plot hole in S3 was there was never an explanation of what happened to Olivia Reed. It was as if the writers forgot that they had created her. But with that said, I don't think I want them to bring her back. I just can't think of a good reason to bring her back. Seeking revenge on S/V is cliche. Plus, if she is as cold hearted as people as seem to think she is why would she care if S/V killed Lauren? She might want to give them a fruit basket for offing Lauren. She seemed to find Lauren as annoying as I did.

angel_audie said:
I do think one big plot hole in S3 was there was never an explanation of what happened to Olivia Reed.  It was as if the writers forgot that they had created her. But with that said, I don't think I want them to bring her back. I just can't think of a good reason to bring her back.

They also never explained what happened to Anna Espinosa either - she was there one day and gone the next. I dont think it matters, people come and go in the world of Alias. We are only shown what we need to be shown and if it isn't central to the story then we don't see it.

I would only want to see Olivia return if it served a purpose. Yeah, the whole revenge thing just wouldn't work for me. It would have to be a good reason, and if it somehow goes into why she is evil then that works for me! :D

I didnt like Olivia and i hope she doesnt come back!
what ever happened 2 k-dircte? we never heard about them again did we? do they still existe?

hum...i think I would like if she came back! I liked the evil of her character! and if Lauren knew too much, certnely Olivia also does ... so maybe she could explain lots of things!

Maybe she's the third Derevko! lololol
really, think about it! they are three...who's the third one? could be her!:P ...

personally, i wouldnt want her back, b/c imo, she acts like an irina wannabe. But if she did sum how come back into the storyline, it shud say that irina killed her. id luv that :P
AF

freaky said:
I didnt like Olivia and i hope she doesnt come back!
what ever happened 2 k-dircte? we never heard about them again did we? do they still existe?
[post="1066546"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​
Sark killed the head of K-directorate and then had the 2nd in command kidnapped, so I think after that they just stopped being powerful.

Tuga said:
really, think about it! they are three...who's the third one? could be her!:P ...
[post="1066630"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That would be such a cool twist. She's definitely dangerous enough to be the 3rd Derevko sister.

Tuga said:
[post="1066630"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

When I first found out that she was evil, thats the first thought that popped into my head. I was like "That's Elena Derevko." I think she will return and I hope she does.

ms.katejones said:
That would be such a cool twist. She's definitely dangerous enough to be the 3rd Derevko sister.
[post="1066818"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That would be a kick ass twist, and totally plausible too I think, because Lauren knew her life was being controlled, Katya told Jack that here sisters called her Katya meaning she is intouch with both. And Katya was there to stop Syd at the dig.

I just realized that if Olivia Reed is the 3rd Derevko, then Lauren and Syd would be cousins, so now I'm not so sure I would want this to happen. :confused:

I personally did not like Olivia Reed. Her character didn't have anything special about her other than she was Lauren's mother which IMO isn't anything special at all :hmm:

Unless they had a purpose to her coming back as in she had some part in something important, then I could be OK with her coming back. Otherwise just cut off that character because there would be no point. I for one am getting sick of Spy Fams. I like J/I/S but I'd perfer to have Vaughn's Dad out of the picture, and Lauren and Olivia out of the picture.

I also hope that she is NOT Elena Derevko because then everyone on this show is connected by family ties. Lauren would be Sydney's cousin along with Nadia's, which Sloane is the father of Nadia and Jack is the father of Sydney to whom the mother of the two is Irina, who has a sister named Katya and Elena is Lauren's mother. TOO MANY PEOPLE WOULD BE RELATED!

Now that I think about it, Olivia Reed really is no match for Syd, so she can stay gone. Ana Espinosa or Allison would kick her ass and they are better female villains.

Back