TV If there are live action of cartoons, why not cartoons reboots of live action films?

would be interesting to see them try to do 'Little Mermaid' live-action

there have been several live-action Scooby Doos that have been decent but I prefer the animated better.

there have been several live-action Scooby Doos that have been decent but I prefer the animated better.
The first one, with Sarah Michelle Gellar (Daphne), Linda Cardellini (Velma), Matthew Lillard (Shaggy), wasn't that bad; it was even directed by James Gunn who has gone on to do the Guardians of the Galaxy series. The first sequel brought back the original cast but the follow-up direct-to-video movies kept going down in quality and swapping actors.

My favorite modern interpretation of the series is the Animation - Scooby Doo / Mystery Incorporated series.

Ghostbusters and Back to the Future come to mind...but those were a long time ago, and not sure they made it far (though they were TV series, not cartoon movies). Star Wars has made a habit of cartoon spin-offs...and many other cartoon series have done "re-makes" of Star Wars. Unfortunately, cartoon reboots of live action films may suffer because the audiences are completely different. Most of your live-action reboots of cartoons bank on the nostalgia factor bringing in the audience and then hitting them with action to hopefully keep them hooked (Transformers and GI Joe, for example). Live action films don't have that same built-in audience that would be interested in a cartoon remake, is my guess.

Back