If they did a new space 1999

cboulle

Captain
Who would you like to see star in it/ DO you want space20099 with new uniforms or similar tot he original..should the eagle be revamped>??

Jethro

Staff member
Think the actual science wouldn't stand up to modern scrutiny, but hey why not Galactica did okay till that disappointing finale.

Kevin

Code Monkey
Staff member
Think the actual science wouldn't stand up to modern scrutiny, but hey why not Galactica did okay till that disappointing finale.
The science behind the premise of the show definitely wouldn't stand up but many of the elements of the show, like the Eagle landers, I think would still work just as well today as they did then.

Personally I'm kind of partial to the 70's style sci-fi aesthetics of shows like Space:1999 so I wouldn't have any problem with a reboot having the same look & feel to it but with modern science based story lines.

Tom

An Old Friend
Frankly I'm with Kevin on this.
I would rather watch BSG original than the other. Plus, I heard they are remaking it yet again?

screenersam

This is news, Vincenzo, NEWS!
possible scenario; science geeks on the moonbase figure how to transverse wormholes and next thing they know they do that unintentionally (or maybe one goes psycho and pulls the switch). so they start doing wormholes hoping one will take them home.
not sure how they propel the moon. maybe instead of on the moon its more a space station.
possible cast; Billy Zane as the commander; Kristy Swanson as the doctor / female lead; Rainn Wilson as the chief engineer / tech guy.

Top Bottom