Season 4 If vaughn isn't vaughn... who is he?

I'm so excited that Vaughn's not Vaughn. EXCEPT for the whole BILL Vaughn thing. I love the story but I think it may be a little too late to trash Vaughn as NOT being himself. OK, that said.. This leads us to where Season 5 is going... As much as I don't want Syd to be married, I think we need some saving grace here for her sanity!

Anyone considered the possibility that Irina told Vaughn to tell not because his secret was bad but rather because she (Syd) needed to know? What if Irina place Vaughn in the CIA and LA for that matter to look after Sidney? Bill Vaughn and Irina could be working together (yes this is assuming that Bill is alive) and Vaughn could be working with them. Also, Vaughn would have wanted to go in search of is "father" because he knew where is father really was and needed to know if there was a leak as to his where abouts. Any way it's just a thought and I'm sure it has loop holes but at least I will be able to sleep this summer happy in my delusion. (I'm also telling myself that Vaughn and Sidney walked away unscathed.)

What a complete shocker :angry: Only thing i can think of is he worked some how with Irina. But, can poor syd have someone who can just tell her the truth!

It can't be that bad (I hope)...we never got ANY indication that he was working for the bad guys...so it'd be a real stretch to make it suddenly seem as such.

I'm going to be pulling my hair out all summer trying to figure this out.

Maybe Vaughan is under cover DSR placed as Sydney's handler when she was SD-6. Which could explain why he married a covenant agent. Lauren's marriage to Vaughan was one of her main responsibilities as a covenant field agent to extract Rambaldi artifacts and clues

Ok, what do we know so far??
- He was "bad" depending on who you ask
- Irina knows
- His real name isn't Michael Vaughn
- there is a reason she went to see him specifically when she walked into the CIA, and there is a reason he was her handler

What should we speculate?
- We know that Elena was head of the Covenant, so if that's who Vaughn worked for, then that could be how Irina found out (being held captive for so long by Elena she was bound to hear things)
- Who was Bill Vaughn, if Michael Vaughn isn't Michael Vaughn... so who did Irina kill, and how does she know about ex-Michael's past?
- Who placed Vaughn in the CIA? Jack, Sloane? Elena? Was he really working for the CIA, or was he a double-agent, too?

There is so much to look at... and on top of it all.. the car accident.. was it really an accident? Or did someone want to stop Vaughn from telling her the truth?

Hey, as long as Vaughn isnt related to Sydney, I can handle anything they do here!

Thoughts:
Irina knows Vaughn's "covert" issues. I assume she knows who he has worked/does work for, because Irina knows everything!!! Irina gave Vaughn her blessing to marry Sydney. That tells me a lot right there. I can trust Irina if she says she blesses their getting married. Clearly, Vaughn is still bitter about her killing his father, because just like every other time they speak to one another, he brings it up again.

Vaughn was so pissed and devistated about Lauren being a double agent. It does not seem in keeping with his character for him to be one too, or he'd have just been angry that he'd been doublecrossed or something when he found out about Lauren.

It would definitely seem that he has been/is a bad guy, but for whom? Some group way before Covenant, if this goes back to when the show started. Does it matter if it was from KGB or something? Or would it matter more if it were a more recent double agent thing like working for Irina or Yelena or Sark or whomever?

It seems from the way he spoke to Sydney, that he wanted to make sure there were no secrets. It does not seem like he would expect her to flee screaming from his presence when she found out the secret, know what I mean? So while Im sure its a big thing, I dont know that it is a total dealbreaker for the S/V shipper thing.

I mean, we'd all up and quit watching if they spend another whole damn season getting together. Im all for bumps in the road on the way to the wedding/elopement since they cant just do the happily ever after thing on Alias, but to taunt people from 4 straight seasons and then make Vaughn her half brother or something. Nope. J.J. is not cruel.

But I dont know what J.J.'s thinkin, either.

Looking forward to a summer/fall full of theories and commentary though! What a great cliffhanger!

I am at a loss for words really. I have a million different scenarios going on in my head. Now when season 4 comes out on DVD I'm going to have to go back and watch all 4 seasons AGAIN, so I can figure out how the heck they can up with this Vaughn isn't Vaughn thing. I definately don't think he worksworked for the Covenant. Here's a thought that me and my hubby had:
Maybe since his "dad" died no one saw him as a kid since then and didn't know how he grew up. What if he killed/replaced the REAL Michael Vaughn? and everyone just thinks he's Bill Vaughn's kid.....???? Or are there too many holes in that theory???? Hmmmmmm...idunno now :wtf:

I don't know...but I feel really badly that we have to wait the return of Mr. Kendall...I have the strong feeling that he's involved soooooooooooooo much in all this stuff! And fo the Vaughn thing...I don't know...perhaps this is too forced...I mean...now what am I going to think when I'll see again all the old alias episodes????my god... :cry:

i actually gasped, covered my mouth, and jumped from the couch when i saw that ending. no where did i see that - [edited]. time warner went out in my area at 730 and i had 5 ppl recording this for me in case it didnt make it back on by 9pm. all i can say is - GOOD GAWD. jj is evil. irina knows michael vaughn is an alias because she told him to look at what happend with her and jack... cant wait for thursdays in the fall!

Please do not discuss rumors.

I am also of the belief that Vaughn is not completely evil although I don't doubt that he's done some horrible things much like Irina and Syd still loves her!

Like, I said before, I hope his real name isn't dorky :lol: It at least has to be as sexy as Michael Vaughn because Vartan is sexy ;) Let's hope that he's really not Cletus or Angus :lol:

I REFUSE to believe he's not Michael Vaughn. I'm telling you guys now, it's a classic JJ Abrams Mind-f***.

Now let's all climb the ship of DeNile.

Back