Season 4 If vaughn isn't vaughn... who is he?

Just because he isn't Vaughn doesn't mean that he's automatically evil. I don't think Irina would have put up with that if he was truly evil. I'm assuming that his hooking up with Syd in the first place was all Rambaldi-related. Now that it looks like all that's been taken care of because she's fulfilled her destiny as the Chosen One, he feels it's time to come clean.

Now we can speculate about this other stuff. Was there a real Michael Vaughn and Not-Vaughn took his place? Is the entire Vaughn family not really the Vaughn family but some other Rambaldi family? Was the stuff about Bill Vaughn all made up? When he said that Irina killed his dad, was he talking about Bill or his real dad? Could the theory that Sark and Not-Vaughn are brothers be resurrected? How does Lauren tie into all this?

I have to say, I love this cliffhanger. It makes Vaughn so much cooler in my eyes.

I'm sticking to Vaughn is Rambaldi re-incarnated or simply Rambaldi never ever died or got old. He did say "it was before we met" would a couple hundred years be before they met. He isn't necessarily bad but his work was used for evil so that might be why he said that it depends on who you ask. It was a pretty bad car crash and if he's really Rambaldi then he should come out of it pretty unharmed. Irina might have known seeing she is one huge Rambaldi follower, although it doesn't explain how no one else knew? What's the matter with these super spies, don't they ever check up on each other, come on, at least Sloane or Jack should have been on to him. If Vaughn is Rambaldi it might be an explaination as to how Syd was expected to have his child. Seeing as they were destined to be together. He did say it was the reason they met, maybe he was referring to the prophecy.

Damn you writers for taking away my Vaughn, Damn You!

I have several different theories bouncing around in my head.

No. 1: And this is important... remember when we all thought the finale of S2 was a dream? We spent all summer trying to convince ourselves of this... denial denial denial. So clearly, this is the biggest finale since then... {and lets breathe a collective sigh of relief that we don't have to live through that whole "Vaughn's married" thing again}... What if JJ and team double crossed us? I mean, before they had us all convinced it might have been a dream, and after that tremendous shock... we have learned that in the world of Alias incredibly jarring season finales are the status quo. We would never think this one was a dream... I know, it would be kind of like, thanks dude, we spent all summer trying to figure it out and it was all a big fake out? - and by suggesting the "dream" scenario, I am not trying to indicate that Mr. Vaughn does not indeed have skeletons in his closet... only, in true JAbrams style, that things are not what they seem.

Regarding the dream scenario: Would Sydney leave her sister and Dixon both in the hospital and run off to SB with Vaughn? Would she really want to elope, considering that she already expressed an interest in having Nadia in the wedding? I mean, I can see not wanting to have the big wedding thing... but at least having her father and sister present seems more Sydney-like. I just have a hard time with the idea of her wanting to elope when both Nadia and Dixon are dangling by a thread in the hospital. Finally, I was kind of like, since when is Syd's hair curly? She looks awfully dream like and romantic.

No 2: My second idea does not particularly address what "bad guy" type thing Vaughn must have done. But it seems probable that he was DSR working under cover at the CIA and was placed as her handler in order to keep an eye on her. I don't know, do FBI go under cover as CIA? Is that like being a double agent? Anyway, his purpose may have been to spy on her activities as a double and to both gain her trust and keep her under careful watch. In getting to know her he may have felt guilty for having done this.

This does not, of course, explain away all of the Bill Vaughn stuff or the way that Weiss seems to know him since forever ago (could he also be involved?)... but anyway...

Here's to hoping it is nothing really big. Syd needs Vaughn. Plus we have 4 years of history here to contend with. We know him... He cannot be another person entirely. Some of what we know about him must be the truth.

OMG!!!! :jawdrop:
This was exactly how I felt when I heard about this!
How can Vaughn not be Vaughn??
Who is he really??
What is he doing in the CIA?
What about him and Sydney?!?!
I can't wait for the next season and this one has only just finished.

LatestAliasAddict said:
See, this is why Syd just needs to hook up with Will.  He's one of us normal every-day type folk.

Unless he's a spy, too. :Ph34r:
[post="1355943"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

love that! :lol:

Well let's look on the bright side... we won't be bored. *lol* If Vaughn isn't Vaughn then are we sure the show is really Alias? J/k

Holy... I just know Crazy Jack and Missing Sark are going to just have a heyday with this one. :smiley:

bianconiglio said:
I don't know...but I feel really badly that we have to wait the return of Mr. Kendall...I have the strong feeling that he's involved soooooooooooooo much in all this stuff! And fo the Vaughn thing...I don't know...perhaps this is too forced...I mean...now what am I going to think when I'll see again all the old alias episodes????my god... :cry:
[post="1355998"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

i know exactly what you mean. for me, no matter how trivial this turns out to be- and lets face it- they wouldn't stick it in there if it wasn't going to be huge, or at least GET huge eventually. this then ruins everything as far as their relationship is concerned, as the whole sweet and innocent s&v thing was built on lies, and he was playing her the whole time. this is sooooo bad!!! :angry:

Not to mention the fact that Sydney has the habit of blowing things out of proportion too. But I doubt that Vaughn is a serious bad guy. Probably what has done was for the job or needed - I just guessing that his job initially as her handler, etc was not what it seemed and that will leave her feeling betrayed. On the other hand, if he was only doing his job and following orders... how mad can she get? Now the name thing is another thing entirely. Are we sure this isn't a dream?

Dont get me wrong its a great cliffhanger but it sucks on a personal level. It will be good for the show etc but its gonna mess up Sydney and Vaughn again. I cant go threw with it.

i downloaded the clip from alias media and i nearly cried when vaughn said hes not vaughn..
but i think he worked for sd-6 cause he said "its the reason we met"
ok that probably is a really stupid guess but oh wellz
or i could just join people in denile and say it was a dream..
Moni xOx :angelic:

I'm telling myself Vaughn can't be that bad or Irina would not have given him her blessing to marry her daughter, whom she loves dearly.

Could he be a direct descendent of Rambaldi? I think that one is a little too far out.

Working with DSR? Don't know but I'd buy that one.

There is a lot of things to speculate about this summer. It should be fun. I think J.J. and team has set up a great storyline for season 5, if done properly. I just hope the writers don't separate Vaughn and Sydney again. The characters deserve some happiness in their lives.

nancee said:
I REFUSE to believe he's not Michael Vaughn. I'm telling you guys now, it's a classic JJ Abrams Mind-f***.

Now let's all climb the ship of DeNile.
[post="1356050"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

*climbing*. FAST.

:jawdrop: :jawdrop::jawdrop: :jawdrop::jawdrop: :jawdrop::jawdrop: :jawdrop::jawdrop: :jawdrop::jawdrop: :jawdrop:

WHO IS HE????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

WHY NOW???????????????? but i agree. he can't be THAT bad because otherwise irina wouldn't have given him her blessing... because she loves syd.

AND NOW WE HAVE TO WIAT THE WHOLE SUMMER!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?

omg...okay so i can deal with him having been bad but don't change his name! Why can't he stay Michael Vaughn...its so sexy....when that truck came out of nowhere i think my heart stopped, I hope they are okay-maybe it was a dream of Vaughns-so it might have not really been true (but we were saying this after season 2 lol and look how that turned out) AHHH season 5 needs to start tomorrow

m4m_chick said:
I'm sticking to Vaughn is Rambaldi re-incarnated or simply Rambaldi never ever died or got old.  He did say "it was before we met"  would a couple hundred years be before they met.  He isn't necessarily bad but his work was used for evil so that might be why he said that it depends on who you ask.  It was a pretty bad car crash and if he's really Rambaldi then he should come out of it pretty unharmed.  Irina might have known seeing she is one huge Rambaldi follower, although it doesn't explain how no one else knew?  What's the matter with these super spies, don't they ever check up on each other, come on, at least Sloane or Jack should have been on to him.  If Vaughn is Rambaldi it might be an explaination as to how Syd was expected to have his child.  Seeing as they were destined to be together.  He did say it was the reason they met, maybe he was referring to the prophecy. 

Damn you writers for taking away my Vaughn, Damn You!
[post="1356074"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

That would help explain why Vaughn always recovers in 30 minutes after being stabbed, poked, prodded, burned, shot and clobbered! :D

About his name : I think it would be really ironic if his name was Micheal Lauret - because both Laura and Lauren lied to their sposes and it would show that a guy could do it to, and would aline Syd with Jack - or on the other hand it would be funny if his first name was very similar to "Vaugh" so Syd would have been calling him by his first name all along.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>My name isn't Michael Vaughn.......... it's Ben Affleck!!!!</span> :woot:

I would like to know who was driving the car that broadsided them... could someone be trying to get to V before he spilled his guts? :angry:

Or maybe it was just a bad driver on the Pacific Coast Highway (you know those California Drivers) :D

i think it's possible that he's rambaldi. otherwise he's a rambaldi follower. which could make him covenant/former sd6/alliance. or he's a clone, but i don't think that they would do that to us, again.

or here's another theory. the REAL michael vaughn is Rambaldi, but to protect himself, he cloned himself so that if people ever found out, they would go after the clone, not him.

Back