Season 4 If vaughn isn't vaughn... who is he?

tldinc said:
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>My name isn't Michael Vaughn..........  it's Ben Affleck!!!!</span>  :woot:
[post="1356347"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

Dude! That was totally my first reaction too! hahaha!
I was kinda too embarassed *dorky* to say anything though. Good on ya for getting it out!

i was a little mad with the ending... how long have we been waiting for them to go to Santa Barbara?!!! and the new season won't start until January again... and now they could break up b/c of all his secret felgercarb...

honestly i miss the days when Sydney had Will and real Francie and it had the lighthearted side along with the dark emotional side... Nadia was her sister but i never felt the bond between the characters as i did with Will and real Francie...

and does anyone know if the rumors are true that there will only be one more year of Alias???

Maybe Vaughn is "his dad." that could be kinda weird...

I also thought maybe he was working with irina....but then why would she have confronted him in the way that she did...like she had figured something out about him that no one else had...

Thought me might be a rambaldi follower too... Maybe he was planted a long time ago to lead syd into the circumstances that she needed for the prophecy to be fulfilled properly...

-- On another note --

Unanswered Questions:

Whats going to happen to rambaldi stuff now? Was the big red ball the "endgame?" Or will we see more of the story next season?

Why is nadia still alive. I thought one sister would destroy the other... not "sloan will attack her." They really should have killed off her character and made it more believable...

I also think that they should have slowly changed the nadia character over the past several months to become almost an anakin of sorts and then snap when this episode hits and REALLY be a foe to Sydney... I have to admit i was disappointed when she was injected...

Thoughts?

I was blown away by the ending last night. If Michael is n't who he says he is.
Then i think he is Danny working for Irina this is fantastic. I can't wait till new series starts. Wow !!!!!!

My name isn't Michael Vaughn.......... it's Danny!!!!

Okay first off: I don't think it's a dream. How stupid would it be for them to have an ending like that and then say "Just kidding!" No. It really happened. (On the off chance that it was a dream, I think it'd be one of those prophetic dreams where Syd's dreaming about stuff that she doesn't know is true. Upon waking, she talks to Vaughn about it and he confesses that he isn't Michael Vaughn. But I really don't think it's a dream)

I too thought that perhaps Not Vaughn could be Rambaldi because of the whole baby thing. What a convenient way to write in JG's pregnancy! Of course, I think that's all kind of far-fetched - even for Alias. Perhaps Not Vaughn is descendant of Rambaldi and therefore, a followerer. Here's what I think. I think Vaughn (and Bill Vaughn) were Rambaldi followers from the very beginning. Somehow, I think Bill and Irina met and Bill realized that Irina was going to have (or had) the Chosen One and then the Passenger. I think that Irina might have faked Bill's death and in turn, he swore that he'd help Irina save her daughters and the world. I think Not Vaughn was ordered to befriend the Chosen One and aid her in her mission to save the world (though she didn't know that's what she had to do). Of course, once meeting her, Not Vaughn fell in love with her. Personally, I think that Not Vaughn is probably exactly as we know him to do. The only thing different is that his name isn't Vaughn and Rambaldi brought him to Syd. In turn, Bill might have gone off to find the Passenger or try to find Elena or something like that. Regarding the whole "Your father's alive" bit (including Brill and the stuff that happened this season), I think Not Vaughn has known all along that his father's still alive but didn't think that anyone else knew. When people started revealing stuff about Bill, I think Not Vaughn took the bait because he wanted to see how much people knew about what he and his father were doing. Would Bill be exposed? Would he be exposed? At the end of Pandora, he could have realized that these people didn't know anything about his father and that's why he went back to Syd.

None of this would necessarily imply that Not Vaughn is bad. If Bill had made a deal with Irina in order to save the world and the Chosen One/Passenger, it would explain why Irina didn't warn Syd about Not Vaughn or just flat out kill him. She just wanted him to be honest with her so they don't end up like her and Jack.

Furthermore, doing something like this is a way to keep Rambaldi still in the show after it appears that the Chosen One has fulfilled her destiny.

^^There are parts of your theory I really agree with. My thoughts are that somehow he is tied into Rimbaldi as well. However the hiccup I have is with Irina killing his father. If he was a Rimbaldi follower the whole time with his dad, he would know Irina was on their side. When they were talking, just the 2 of them, he still called her his fathers killer and was hostile. So, that is where I get thrown off! :confused:

^^Maybe Not Vaughn didn't know that Irina knew that he was a Rambaldi follower. Maybe Not Vaughn just thought Irina knew that his dad was one. So, he was keeping up the charade.

i hated Nadia's eyes when they injected her. Then all the people walking around, it looked like Night of the Living Dead or something like that. That's an intresting possibility if Vaughn was really his father, but then it's so weird that he'd go on a wild goose chase, injecting himself w/ an unknown substance just to find his father. Even betraying the CIA, to find his father. That just seems a little weird to me. I'll just have to re-evaluate it all when it comes out on DVD, due to the fact that nothing is adding up.

this is all too much for me to take in right now - i am gonna brainstorm and then come back to this thread when the episode has settled in and i have had time to think properly about theories.........anyways the brainstorm:

-vaughn is not vaughn
-he was placed specifically in the cia sa syds handler - by who - must have been the government otherwise why would he have gotten the job in the first place.
-people are speculating he works for the covenant but they have been around like one season and it seems he has been "covert" for much longer.
-irina still gave him her blessing to marry syd which surely means he IS NOT a bad guy!?
-why the hell doesn't jack know who vaughn is???? if irina knows how does she know before jack and also if vaughn was bad surely she would've told jack?? if vaughn was placed looking after syd in cia then surely jack would know and that seems to imply that it couldn't have been a government placement ............did irina place him their to lead her daughter to her destiny as the chosen one, and if so how the hell did you get the cia to make syd her handler?? if it wasnt irina who was it??
-did someone crash into them on purpose to prevent vaughn from telling syd or was it just an accident?
-are they still gonna get married :(
- if vaughn isn't vaughn then his dad wasn't bill vaughn....so why did irina tell him he looked like his dad :thinking: even if she knew he wasnt bill vaughns kid there was nobody there to see her pretend she thought he was :thinking:
- did he work with Sloane back in the old SD-6 days?????????? holy crapola this makes sense cos of what he said.........................

syd: "you're not a bad guy are you?"
vaughn: "I guess that depends who you ask. its from a long time ago - before me met, actually its the reason we met, it's no accident that i was the one you came to when you walked into CIA with your story about SD-6."

maybe he was a plant within the CIA by SD-6..............by Sloane............making Sydney think she was a double agent when really her every move was still monitored by Sloane............this would go along with it being along time ago and him being bad depending who you ask.........since now that Sloane has turned out to be a good guy who actually wanted to use Rambaldi's ensgame for "peace" then vaughn wouldn't really be a good guy.

yikes that car crash gives me the creeps :hude:

oh and another thing - what did lauren and the wedding have to do with all of this - i like the idea can he can have an excuse for being such a total wuss during season 3 - if we find out it was all a set up and he was acting that way for his job then he will be fully relieved off the stupid things he did and said in season 3.

spydancer said:
Here's to hoping it is nothing really big. Syd needs Vaughn. Plus we have 4 years of history here to contend with. We know him... He cannot be another person entirely. Some of what we know about him must be the truth.
heres hoping (y)

we have always known him as a patriot and i believe he must turn out to be just that or else we don't know him at all and that would be terrrible. if he has just been the one to guide syd towards "peace" then he is a good guy - i think its the sloane link or something else from ages ago that we don't know about and it will all be fine............

the only thing that makes me sad is i can't imagine her not calling him vaughn :(

and omg what if he dies or goes into a coma or something and she doesn't find out for ages in seaosn 5 :( ok he can't die JJ.

If not Vaughn is a Rambaldi follower why would have been so questioning about all things Rambaldi. In season 1 he even tries to stop the prophesy from coming true. At one point he is talking to Weiss about whether or not they believe in the whole Rambaldi thing. Also, if he is a true follower no one would need to tell him the prophsey, at the end of season 3 the guy in the elevator tells him part of the prophsey "The chosen one and the passenager will battle and NEITHER will survive" is what Vaughn tells Syd. If he was a true follower he would know that the prophsey is " They will battle and only one will survive."

I have to believe that what ever the secrect is Not Vaughn believes Syd can handle it and will forgive him. Irina also feels the same way, other wise she would not tell to come clean with Syd. Not Vaughn still must have some major emotional tie to Bill Vaughn for all he was willing to do to find out the truth, besides how upset he gets at the anniversary of his death. If we are to believe that the books JJ has written are prequels to the TV show Alias, then Vaugh has always been CIA. Also comes into play is Alice, she knows him as Michael Vaughn, so his name change would have had to have been pretty early on.

SO, who ever this guy is, he can't be bad, maybe he worked for Kendall, and was asked to keep an eye on the chosen one. Maybe he is Bill Vaughn, I know he is not old enough but stranger things have happened.

Things I know to be true:

1. Not Vaughn has close emtional ties to Bill Vaughn
2. Not Vaughn loves Sydney and believes she will forgive him
3. Not Vaughn had strong resentment towards Irina for killing Bill Vaughn, you can see it the first time they met
4. Not Vaughn looks like Bill Vaughn, everyone says it
5. Vaughn could not have been sent in to meet with Syd the first day in hopes of suducing her. He was way to upset when he found out about Lauren to be also be pulling the same thing on Syd
6. We will know nothing for sure until Sept.
7. Vaughn is not a BAD GUY

Saying all this, I still hold out that it is just a dream. JJ will have his hands full if he tries to take Vaughn's identity way, there are to many things to just explain away. We are in for one wild ride!

Katie

Whose to say Jack doesn't know the truth? Because spydaddy usually knows everything (except when it comes to that thing with the "hit" placed on Syd)...

It is just that we are assuming that the truth is so bad that if Jack knew it he would not give "Vaughn" his blessing... What if Jack placed Vaughn to watch over Sydney or something? It doesn't all have to be bad.

^^I tend to think Jack may know the truth to. I just keep wondering if it was the thing he referred to in the beginning of the season that would undo her. But then I think surely he would not give his blessing. Of course, he might if he knew Vaughn was not evil, and that he would always put Syd's best interest first. But Jack would also know the lies and deception from the person Syd considered the "one good thing, the rock" in her life might very well undo her. (n)

kromrell said:
I have to believe that what ever the secrect is Not Vaughn believes Syd can handle it and will forgive him.  Irina also feels the same way, other wise she would not tell to come clean with Syd.  Not Vaughn still must have some major emotional tie to Bill Vaughn for all he was willing to do to find out the truth, besides how upset he gets at the anniversary of his death.  If we are to believe that the books JJ has written are prequels to the TV show Alias, then Vaugh has always been CIA.  SO, who ever this guy is, he can't be bad, maybe he worked for Kendall, and was asked to keep an eye on the chosen one.  Maybe he is Bill Vaughn, I know he is not old enough but stranger things have happened. 
Katie
[post="1356484"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I was wondering last night about the prequels... I have never read them, but there was one about Vaughn... and he didn't have a dark history. Whatever this is, it cannot be that bad. Maybe something happened to the real MV and Vaughn is some other relative (or twin son perhaps) of BV. Because I'm with you, he has a major emotional tie to the man, (at the very least) or BV is really his father and his name is just not Michael. Argh! Too many possibilites. I still think it might be a dream. ;) Also, what if "Vaughn" is really Bill Vaughn's kid, but what if "Bill Vaugh" was really an alias? Do you know what I mean? Like his dad is still his dad, but BV was only his alias. It explains both the father thing and the name thing just not the "bad guy" part.

oooh i like the theory that vaughn is simply his dad! (y)

but what about his age :thinking:

but good idea and nice way for Irina to know since she supposidly killed Bill Vaughn.

good call!!!!! (y)

Nadia is still alive because the big red ball wasn't the thing they fight over. Something in is writting was miss read. Rambaldi will be back.

I was gagging when Elena gave Nadia a shot. Ick. If Vaughn is Bill Vaughn, maybe he was trying to trace his "father" to see if anyone knew anything about him...

Okay .......so that was an interesting finale---

my theory on vaughn (and I can be totally wrong) is that maybe ....secretly vaughn was sent to the CIA by SD-6....he said," it depends who you ask".....when syd asked him if he was a bad guy.......maybe vaughn was a double agent before sydney even was and he was tasked to be her handler because he knew what they were dealing with.

As for him not being "Michael Vaughn".......maybe he changed his name so that he wouldnt be traced??? ......kind of like Will Tippen how he went into hiding and changed his name......I dont know ........now I am just sounding stupid....... But it was worth a shot...LOL

this is going to be a long 4 months!!!

Yes, a very interesting finale, I saw the accident coming and was even thinking Syd and Vaughn might see Lauren standing in the distance, but in no way was I prepared for Vaughn not being Vaughn .......

I think you may be on to something with your theory on Vaughn and being a double agent for SD-6, I thought the same thing, but where is the REAL Michael Vaughn, if he exists, dead, killed, hidden??? Even more importantly, how did Irina know about this?? Is he a Russian agent sent to be to Sydney what Irina was to Jack?? A whole new can of worms. Back to Irina (I LOVE Jack and Irina), is she gone, were these 2 episodes it or will she be back for season 5?? Does anyone know yet?? :D

It is definitely going to be a long summer!!!!! :D

happynow said:
I was gagging when Elena gave Nadia a shot. Ick. If Vaughn is Bill Vaughn, maybe he was trying to trace his "father" to see if anyone knew anything about him...
[post="1356638"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]​

I agree. But I don't know how I feel about this whole "Michael Vaughn is really Bill Vaughn" eh. maybe. But I like the idea that Vaughn "dies" and Sydney searches for him, unlike when she was killed he didn't do anything about it. I don't know, but I'm going to be jittery until the next season starts...By the way, when does it?

See, I think that whatever Not Vaughn is tied into, Bill Vaughn was also tied into. I think "Bill Vaughn" was an alias too. Just like "Michael Vaughn" is.

Back